The Atlasian Watchguard (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:36:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Watchguard (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Watchguard  (Read 8373 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: March 01, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »

This "resurrection" wasn't so much a JCP turnaround as much as it was a Xahar meltdown.  People who voted for him in the general voted against him in the runoff, and I'm guessing his more-arrogant-than-fu** attitude had something to do with it.

Me meltdown? The JCP machine realized it needed to start working.

And I was too arrogant. So? If you had done what I did, you would have been arrogant too. And tell me that half of the Friz voters actually read that thread.

A party that actively recruits candidates and encourages its supporters to vote for them is a machine? Fascinating.
That is, basically, what a political machine does, yeah.
Nothing necessarily wrong with it, mind. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:10:13 AM »

I'm glad to see some other people who've been around a long time agree with me. The JCP shouldn't be vilified as some evil and corrupt party--we need more parties like the JCP.

Seriously, turn-out is like what, half of what it used to be back in the day?

But not in the Pacific. We've never had more votes than we did in the September 2007 run-off between Everett and Alcon. And this is another high turn-out election with about 11 people so far voting.

While there are other aspects of this game (legislation, etc.), elections are of course the main thing, and though deep down inside I suppose I wouldn't mind the JCP getting 100% in every election (Cheesy) I must applaud Xahar for making this an interesting election.

The Midwest Region is the complete opposite. They're down to what, 5-6 voters? Verin's dictatorship has been very damaging.
You're confusing cause and effect. And the Midwest had the highest turnout of all the Regions in the Presidential Election. We just have very few inhabitants - and even fewer real-life inhabitants.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies