The Atlasian Watchguard (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:37:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Watchguard (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Watchguard  (Read 8378 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« on: February 26, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »

he's gonna say "the wiki"
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:35:43 PM »

Remember the nasty goings on within lefty-land in the runup to the election? That's why.
I could of sworn that staying out of the mudslinging would get me elected. Alas, Phil and Porce ran the best campaign in recent memory, getting someone who had just returned from an extended absence and posting as a fictional woman on somebody else's account elected, and handily at that. I think he'll do a good job, though.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 12:19:25 AM »

This "resurrection" wasn't so much a JCP turnaround as much as it was a Xahar meltdown.  People who voted for him in the general voted against him in the runoff, and I'm guessing his more-arrogant-than-fu** attitude had something to do with it.

Me meltdown? The JCP machine realized it needed to start working.

And I was too arrogant. So? If you had done what I did, you would have been arrogant too. And tell me that half of the Friz voters actually read that thread.

And what you did was... force a runoff that you could have won, but instead lost by a landslide largely due to your own behavior and arrogance since forcing said runoff?
This.

I had a similar episode when I ran for SE Lt. Governor. I decided to vote NOTA for Governor [Bono,unopposed] and Senate [Sam Spade, unopposed]. It came off as arrogant, as it should have, and I nearly lost an uncontested race.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »

No, there need to be real parties full stop. The only party that comes close to that is the JCP. How sad.
I like to consider the PLP a real party. We convene, have votes... you know, party stuff.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies