IN: Other Source: Daniels leads all challengers in IN gubernatorial race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:43:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  IN: Other Source: Daniels leads all challengers in IN gubernatorial race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN: Other Source: Daniels leads all challengers in IN gubernatorial race  (Read 2252 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »

New Poll: Indiana Governor by Other Source on 2008-2-17

Summary: D: 33%, R: 56%, U: 0%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »

joke poll
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »

Maybe.  But Daniels is getting stronger every day.  I say that as a big fan of both of the Indiana Democrats running for Gov.  At this point, I've moved the race from toss up to slight R advantage. Property tax "reform" seems to be trumping Daniel's miserable record on job creation.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »

I don't believe this poll for a second. 
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:53:12 PM »

Maybe.  But Daniels is getting stronger every day.  I say that as a big fan of both of the Indiana Democrats running for Gov.  At this point, I've moved the race from toss up to slight R advantage. Property tax "reform" seems to be trumping Daniel's miserable record on job creation.

Maybe, but winning by 23%?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »

Maybe, but winning by 23%?

No -- not at all.  I am sure the poll is a crock or the work of a party hack.  BUT -- this was looking like a pretty easy pickup a year ago.  Not anymore.  (Which sucks, because Daniels has been a terrible governor.)
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 12:59:49 AM »

Hey Jso,

have you heard the new daniels ad(oh i mean the property tax reform ad *cough* *cough*). I think that if he can get that passed he will sail i dunno what you think. To me the ad awful if you understand the issue im just afraid that the cap of 1% value will seem appealing and the fact that they can claim a few conservative state reps to say its biparitsian coupled with the bogeyman of special interest will make the ad very effective. Even if those "special interest" are our children and the teachers who teach them but facts only confuse never inform.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 01:21:31 AM »

Hey Jso,

have you heard the new daniels ad(oh i mean the property tax reform ad *cough* *cough*). I think that if he can get that passed he will sail i dunno what you think. To me the ad awful if you understand the issue im just afraid that the cap of 1% value will seem appealing and the fact that they can claim a few conservative state reps to say its biparitsian coupled with the bogeyman of special interest will make the ad very effective. Even if those "special interest" are our children and the teachers who teach them but facts only confuse never inform.
mgrossbe, that Sabato quote reaffirms my view that he has the sharpest wit in the poli sci biz.
mgrossbe
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 01:35:33 AM »

MW08
Yes i agree i think that is why i still havent changed that or its just longing for the past who knows. The sad thing is that people like my father in-law worship at the alter daniels even if it hurts his bussiness and we just had to sell off part of our family lands to keep it afloat. You would be hard pressed to find much good daniels did outside of getting us on east coast time. Yet, he has achieved alot if your are to believe our friends at brunch on sundays at the CC. But Bart Petterson who actually has a record of success just lost because of property taxes. Daniels will cruise to victory. We are honestly have a tough time deciding wether to contribute to Thompson Long cause it just seems like a poor investment and we never cease to contribute to any democrat in the state.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »

MW08
Yes i agree i think that is why i still havent changed that or its just longing for the past who knows. The sad thing is that people like my father in-law worship at the alter daniels even if it hurts his bussiness and we just had to sell off part of our family lands to keep it afloat. You would be hard pressed to find much good daniels did outside of getting us on east coast time. Yet, he has achieved alot if your are to believe our friends at brunch on sundays at the CC. But Bart Petterson who actually has a record of success just lost because of property taxes. Daniels will cruise to victory. We are honestly have a tough time deciding wether to contribute to Thompson Long cause it just seems like a poor investment and we never cease to contribute to any democrat in the state.
Daniels has largely consolidated his political base and is probably now in good shape for reelection. That quote, which I think is from 2006 (or 7?) reminds me of the prognostigations surrounding the Governator back in '05.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies