The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:43:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193090 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2008, 02:13:34 PM »

I was from district 4... I totally forgot about that, actually. Smiley

And yet it was why you won Tongue
Three votes including Brandon, yeah... then again, the JCP's GOTV effort was worth four votes. Grin
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »

Three votes including Brandon, yeah... then again, the JCP's GOTV effort was worth four votes. Grin

I doubt all of those were JCP GOTV. Some, yes, but not all.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2008, 02:33:50 PM »

Two of them are by JCP members... and the other two are bullet votes by people who never vote. So...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »

Two of them are by JCP members... and the other two are bullet votes by people who never vote. So...

It could've been me, for all you know. I've gotten those bullet voters in the past. Tongue
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2008, 02:38:49 PM »

It could've been me, for all you know. I've gotten those bullet voters in the past. Tongue
which is why you have such a long, illustrious list of titles to your name, right?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »

Could be. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2008, 02:40:56 PM »

which is why you have such a long, illustrious list of titles to your name, right?

If I hadn't gotten those votes, I'd have been as serious a candidate in the Pacific as Hughento or King.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »

If I hadn't gotten those votes, I'd have been as serious a candidate in the Pacific as Hughento or King.

...who both actually won elections in that region at one point or another.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2008, 03:14:48 PM »

Remember your last run? You got as many votes as Robert Stark.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »

Of course I remember that, but unlike you, I know that things change over time in atlasia. I've been here since the very first election, and whilst i'm not going to pull time-rank, I am going to suggest that clling me (or King, who is also a long-term and highly politically successful Atlasian) non-serious candidates is looking at only the very recent past, relative to the history of Atlaisa.

I remember when Wildcard was governor for life-you just met him yesterday. That's not a bad thing, but you lack perspective.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2008, 03:47:08 PM »

Of course I remember that, but unlike you, I know that things change over time in atlasia. I've been here since the very first election, and whilst i'm not going to pull time-rank, I am going to suggest that clling me (or King, who is also a long-term and highly politically successful Atlasian) non-serious candidates is looking at only the very recent past, relative to the history of Atlaisa.

I remember when Wildcard was governor for life-you just met him yesterday. That's not a bad thing, but you lack perspective.

I'm not gonna argue with that. You win. Wink
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »

I'll give you that much. You did worlds better than most other non-JCP candidates do.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »

The PLP's national headquarters looms in Nyman, DC.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »

you have the right idea. more lightning would be a nice touch, though. maybe a fire.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »

you have the right idea. more lightning would be a nice touch, though. maybe a fire.

And one of the letters should be flickering on and off.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »

And one of the letters should be flickering on and off.

I tried making the right P falling off (to symbolize the shape of things to come for the PLP Wink), but it didn't look as good.

Now, the question remains, who is going to be cool enough to know which building I used? I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis or Al recognizes it.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2008, 05:45:05 PM »

South Park Conservative had a strong showing in the special election, though that was primarily due to his actually being from District 4 (same goes for Lewis—had Colin been a resident of D4 there is no question that he would have won the race, probably handily).  He's likely to get preferenced solely by conservatives, and then probably not high enough to actually beat out Jake or Bacon King for the fifth slot just based on PR-STV mechanics.

I out-preferenced Jake in the NLC primary, and he's not been actively campaigning amongnst conservatives, so I think I have an advantage over him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2008, 11:50:01 PM »

The Examiner
15 April 2008

Senate Overrides Presidential Veto

The 7th vote in favour of overturning the President’s veto of the Sane Automobile Policy Bill has been cast by the newly sworn-in Senator Lewis Trondheim. The bill sets down newly prescibed and future targets for CAFE standards for the automobile industry to meet.

Successful veto overrides have been a rare occurance in Atlasia. It is believed that this may be the first successful override of a Presidential veto in almost 2 years.

----

Well, I'm probably just going to dissolve the Senate anyway so this doesn't matter.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:49 PM »

The Examiner
15 April 2008

The 7th vote in favour of overturning the President’s veto of the Sane Automobile Policy Bill has been cast by the newly sworn-in Senator Lewis Trondheim. The bill sets down newly prescibed and future targets for CAFE standards for the automobile industry to meet.

Successful veto overrides have been a rare occurance in Atlasia. It is believed that this may be the first successful override of a Presidential veto in almost 2 years.

----

Well, I'm probably just going to dissolve the Senate anyway so this doesn't matter.

Pull a Putin, will you? Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19:08 AM »

The Examiner
15 April 2008

----

I'd personally suggest that plan. I thought about doing it several times while I was in the number one spot.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2008, 03:38:38 AM »

Realistically, this is the best ticket the PLP could have put forward. The list is headed by two fairly popular ex-Senators, and there are no "bad apples" (so to speak). But what the PLP will influence most is those last few seats; it could really kill Jake, who isn't the most popular figure in the liberal camp.

If the country could elect Phil as President, then we must accept that there is a right wing constituency here, no matter how silent it chooses to be. There are quite a few right-wing votes out there and not a lot on the ballot that appeals to them greatly. Seems to me that both Jake and SPC are well placed to gain from these votes, even if Jake hasn't been around.

Nothing to argue with here, though I'm surprised that people like Bacon King and Rocky are completely out of the running.

I'm not prepared to rule out Bacon King. There are too many variables at play, I think, to make a proper predicition for the last seat. BK has been decidedly quiet, and though I expect him to receive plenty of #3-#6 type preferences, I don't see him getting a great many #1's of 2's. The success of Bacon King should prove a measure of the strength of the NLC. His possible saving grace is that he seems to be reasonably popular in the Southeast. He'll need some of that support to be competitive.

Rocky just seems too low on the NLC pecking order to be still around to benefit from being the PLP's favourite other candidate. His problem is that too many of his natural allies are either running themselves or have their own official party candidates in the PLP. He'll get a lot of mid-ballot preferences, but I doubt it will be enough. I could be surprised though.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2008, 06:22:51 AM »

Rocky #1! Rocky #1! Rocky #1! Rocky #1!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2008, 08:07:04 AM »

I'm gonna bomb are'nt I? Cry
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »

Don't worry. So will a lot of other people.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2008, 10:39:34 AM »

The Examiner
16 April 2008

50th Edition

NPSA Officially Rejected

Results in the Midwest and Mideast regions on the National Policy Standardisation Amendment have been certified. As expected, the Midwest narrowly rejected the Amendment by a vote of 3-4-1; whilest the Mideast became the first region to certify its approval, by a vote of 5-4-1.

Considering the returns from the 4 voting regions as a whole, the Amendment was supported by 38.9% of voters, considerably less than is normally required to achieve ratification. In terms of turnout, the Midwest and Mideast saw more than half their voters head for the polls, the Midwest with a particularly lofty 88.9% of the population choosing to voice their opinion. Turnout in the Northeast and Pacific were slightly lower than normal, both just below 40%.

Regional Results:
RegionAye -Nay -Abstain -Present
Mideast*5401
Midwest*341
Northeast*48
Pacific*24
Southeast00
Nationwide142011

*Certified Result

Turnout:
RegionVotersTurnout
Midwest8/988.9%
Mideast10/1855.6%
Northeast12/3138.7%
Pacific6/1637.5%
Southeast0/170%
Nationwide*36/7448.6%

*Excluding Southeast

--

Senate News: In Brief

The PPT has denied the tabling motion on the Constitutional Amendment to Elect the SoFA, citing the absence of provisions dealing with tabling in the OSPR.

The Sane Automobile Policy Act has been officially enacted following the 7-3 vote overriding the President’s veto.

The Schools Standards Reform Bill has failed by a vote of 3-6.

The Trans Fat Regulation Bill has been officially withdrawn following the loss of sponsorship and sustained criticism of its limited application.

The Moderator Role and Status Bill, created by AG Peter Bell, has reached the Senate floor. The bill has already received the support of a number of Senators and members of the public following its public consultation period.

- The Return to September 10th Bill, drafted by VP Ebowed, has been introduced to the Senate.
The bill seeks the repeal of the PATRIOT Act; the closure of the military base at Guantanimo Bay; the end and prosecution of illegal wiretapping; the end of the use of ‘free-speech zones’; and to explicitly ban torture practices, including waterboarding.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies