The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:58:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193094 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 20, 2008, 11:02:09 PM »

I smell something in the air.....something rancid......the JCP machine must be getting ready to roll in.

They only have roughly three minutes.
While I still dont trust that they wont try it, I think youre right. Atlasia is safe for another day.....

EDIT: Well, that settles that. Now, lets see that final count!

12:02:48 is when the booth closes.

Though it looks like it is now closed.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2008, 11:02:57 PM »

I smell something in the air.....something rancid......the JCP machine must be getting ready to roll in.

They only have roughly three minutes.
While I still dont trust that they wont try it, I think youre right. Atlasia is safe for another day.....

EDIT: Well, that settles that. Now, lets see that final count!

12:02:48 is when the booth closes.
Made no difference, though, thank goodness.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2008, 11:04:50 PM »

The tension mounts...
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2008, 11:35:05 PM »

I've always been amused by the morons who complain about low turnout and then get mad at me for getting voters.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2008, 12:20:54 AM »

And look at the high turnout this election got too.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #330 on: April 21, 2008, 04:04:35 AM »

I've always been amused by the morons who complain about low turnout and then get mad at me for getting voters.

What's to be welcomed about people whose only involvement in Atlasia is to turn up to vote every few months? What good does that do anyone?

The number of voters has never been the real problem, the amount of activitiy has been the problem - and no amount of shipping in random voters who pay no heed to Atlasia from one season to the next will solve it. Now, if some of your voters would actually stick around, maybe put forward some propositions, run for elections, get involved in their parties, or indeed do anything substantive, then yes, it would be creditable. But that's not what's happening and I'd rather that decisions in Atlasia are made by those who are genuinely involved in Atlasia, not by fly-by-night randomers.

Turnout was up in this election, not greatly so, but up is up. What's far more important though, is that this was a genuinely competitive Senate election for all Atlasians. When was the last time that happened?

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #331 on: April 21, 2008, 09:25:08 AM »

What's to be welcomed about people whose only involvement in Atlasia is to turn up to vote every few months? What good does that do anyone?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lol
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2008, 09:57:01 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lol

Of course higher turnout is (all things being equal) preferable to lower turnout. However, as I said, it is nowhere near as important as activity. If turnout was the real problem, then we would remove the posting requirements altogether, but we've seen what happens without such requirements.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2008, 12:13:23 PM »

What about the ridiculously low turnout that prevailed in Pacific elections until I came in?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2008, 01:04:15 PM »

The Examiner
21 April 2008

PLP Disintegration Continues
Winning a Senate seat, has not been able to turn back the tide for the PLP. Shortly after the close of polls, two of their Senate candidates, Sensei and HappyWarrior, left the party and re-registered as Independents.

A sign of the party's ongoing struggle may be the unenthusiastic participation in the ongoing leadership vote. Their newest Senator and presumptive leader, EarlAW, may have some work to do to try and rebuild the party.

----

Senate Mid-Terms

The Examiner has decided to wait until the official results are published before analysing the election.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2008, 01:06:43 PM »

Senate Mid-Terms

The Examiner has decided to wait until the official results are published before analysing the election.

I appreciate that.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #336 on: April 22, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »

The Examiner
22 April 2008

Senate Mid-Terms

Following a long weekend with a tightly fought contest for votes, Earl, Rockefeller Republican, Colin Wixted, afleitch and CultureKing have been elected to the 5 Senate seats up for grabs.

The result leaves the NLC still holding 3 seats though only Sen. afleitch retained his NLC seat. Incumbent NLC Senators Hashemite and Bacon King lost out to Colin Wixted and Senate newcomer Rockefeller Republican. Holding 3 seats was at the high end of the NLC’s expectations and the result ensures that they will remain the dominant party in the Senate holding exactly half of the seats.

The PLP gain one, with presumptive leader Earl topping the poll and achieving election first. However it seems that following further defections yesterday, even Earl doesn’t appear to be committed to trying to rebuild the PLP.

JCP leader, bgwah, whose party lost a seat in the election (arguably its first electoral setback in 2 years), has criticised the new electoral system as "complicated" and "retarded". The JCP got incumbent Sen. CultureKing re-elected staving off competition from Lewis Trondheim for the final seat. CultureKing benefitted from the unstinting support of JCP loyalists, all of whom preferenced him above Mr. Trondheim.

For a full result, The Examiner agrees with the Like-a-Fishhook results of Lewis Trondheim.

----

Presidential Race

With the mid-terms over, attention is already turning to what’s next. Already prospective Presidential campaigns are getting ready to run. Unsurprisingly, it seems that the mercurial gporter is set to run once more. Prospective running-mate Willy Woz, who failed to get a single vote in the Senate election, has stated that the ticket will run campaigning against the “extremely high rate of scandals and corruption” of the Keystone Phil administration.

A much more credible candidate though has also indicated his interest. Fmr. President and recent SoEA, Al, looks set to mount a campaign to retake the Oval Office and has received well wishes from a number of prominent Atlasians.

President Keystone Phil has not yet given any indication of his intentions regarding the upcoming election.

----

Regional Round-Up

Pacific
The JCP team of bgwah and Alcon won the Governorship and Lt. Governorship respectively. The comfortable victories were in line with expectations. 

Southeast
Gov. TCash was re-elected as Southeastern Governor narrowly ahead of Dave Hawk. Dave Hawk and BrandonH tied at 3 each in the open Lt. Gubernatorial race and a run-off election was opened only to see BrandonH withdraw in Dave’s favour.

Midwest
Speed of Sound was re-elected as Midwest Lt. Governor by majority vote in an uncontested race.

Mideast
In what has been recognised as an unlawfully constituted election, Inks.LWC was declared the victor in the Gubernatorial race. His competitior, Ben Constine won the Lt. Gubernatorial election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2008, 09:55:01 AM »

LOL  Al wants to run? When does this guy plan getting over himself?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2008, 11:48:01 AM »

The Examiner
23 April 2008

Mideast to Vote Again
Following a series of complaints, the Mideast “oligarchy” have agreed to run the gubernatorial election in line with the region’s constitutional requirements.  The region had voted last weekend in a contest between Inks.LWC and Ben Constine, but the election was protested as the Mideast Constitution mandates that the Gubernatorial election be held in May, not April. Governor HappyWarrior apologised for the error and stated that the election would be held in line with the legal provisions.

---

Earl new PLP Chair
Senator-elect EarlAW has been confirmed as the new PLP Chairman. Earl won the leadership election against Atlasian newcomer, Matchu[D] by a 2-1 vote. Both candidates voted for themselves; the casting vote being that of Ben Constine.  The poor turnout for the leadership vote may reflect the continuing decline of the party.

---

Sensei Nominated as Mideast Judge
Gov. HappyWarrior has nominated Sensei to be the new Mideastern Superior Court Judge. The nomination has been put to a confirmation vote which is expected to pass comfortably.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2008, 02:12:58 PM »

LOL  Al wants to run? When does this guy plan getting over himself?
Well, there goes a chance at a talk about the issues already, as Im sure Al will indulge in this as well.....
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2008, 11:09:12 AM »

The Examiner
24 April 2008

Examiner Polling
Following the mid-term elections, focus will now begin to drift to the next major set of elections, most particularly the next Presidential election. Indeed, some candidates have already made known their interest in seeking the position.

Given the moving focus, The Examiner has decided to run it's second approval poll on sitting President Keystone Phil, who was elected over 8 weeks ago and who has yet to declare whether or not to seek re-election 8 weeks from now. Voters are asked to state their approval rating of the President's job performance to date.

----

Lewis's Concession
Lewis Trondheim, who finished 6th in the Senate mid-term elections, has delivered his concession speech. In it he reflected on his long standing support for proportional representation in Atlasia and admitted his disappointment at failing to get re-elected to the Senate.

----

AndrewCT to reflect on Public School Bill
Northeastern Governor AndrewCT has signed the Eminent Domain / Property Tax Valuation Linkage Act
and the Smoking Age Standardization Act into law, but has not yet decided whether to sign or veto the Public School Choice [Bill] of 2008. The measure would allow students to attend schools outside of their own school districts within prescribed distance limits.

----

PR-STV gets thumbs up
In a survey commissioned by JCP leader, bgwah, ongoing returns show that the PR-STV system has 2-1 support over old District system. bgwah has complained that the PR-STV system is complicated and retarded.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2008, 10:28:11 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2008, 10:51:23 AM by Jas »

The Examiner
24 April 2008

1 in 6 Approve of President

Examiner Polling returns indicate that less than 1 in 6 voters (16.2%) approve of the President’s job performance. A hefty majority (71%) express disapproval or strong disapproval of Keystone Phil's actions over the past 8 weeks.

The figures thus leave the President with a Net Approval of -54.8%, the strongest net disapproval to show up in any Examiner Poll. The results may be likely to embolden potential Presidential candidates to step forward to contest the upcoming election. In response to the returns, the President remarked: “I thank Atlasia for their support! We're going to have one hell of a second term, guys!

Poll Data
Sample Size: 31

Strongly Approve: 6.5%
Approve: 9.7%
Neither Approve nor Disapprove: 12.9%
Disapprove: 32.3%
Strongly Disapprove: 38.7%

Total Approve: 16.2%
Total Disapprove: 71%
Net Approval: -54.8%
Median Voter: Disapprove

----

Dave Hawk confirmed as SE Lt. Gov.

SE Governor TCash has confirmed Dave Hawk as the winner of Lt. Gov. election by a vote of 3-0. However, given that Dave neither voted in the original election nor in the run-off, it’s unclear whether or not he is aware of these developments.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2008, 04:10:20 PM »

I refuse to let a minor obstacle like the electorate stand in my way.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2008, 04:31:23 PM »

Well, I didn't take the poll and I "Strongly Approve" of Phil, so bump those totals
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2008, 03:35:44 AM »

Well, I didn't take the poll and I "Strongly Approve" of Phil, so bump those totals

You can still respond to the poll here.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #345 on: April 26, 2008, 08:48:17 AM »

I refuse to let a minor obstacle like the electorate stand in my way.
We'll see what the electorate has to say about that one come June. Wink
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #346 on: April 26, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »

The Examiner
25 April 2008

Editorial: Senate AWOL?

For 3 days, the Senate has not seen any activity. None whatsoever. No voting, no debating, nothing. The Examiner is aware that there can be slow periods in the Senate, that absences of Senate leaders can affect the progress of Senate business, but from all available evidence, the key players are in place and active in the Forum. The Examiner would therefore call on the 24th Senate to get back to business!

----

Sensei new ME Judge

ME Governor HappyWarrior has certified Sensei as the new Mideast Judge following the recent Mideastern plebiscite. The job is unlikely to prove taxing on Sensei - The Examiner cannot recall the last case to come before this particular court.

----

Andrew approves Public School Choice Bill

Following the plea of Mr. Moderate, NE Governor AndrewCT has signed the Public School Choice Bill. The Governor had expressed concerns about possible overcrowding but these were apparantly assuaged by Moderate's defence of the Bill.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #347 on: April 26, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »

It's the Do-Nothing Congress and the Do-Nothing President. We deserve each other.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #348 on: April 26, 2008, 04:25:26 PM »

Vote Xahar for Grand High Supreme Dictator/Overlord! He'll never be inactive!
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #349 on: April 26, 2008, 06:49:11 PM »

I certainly have gotten a tad behind on the procedural stuff, but a lot of it is hardly anyone voting.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies