The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:01:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193083 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »

The Examiner
2 May 2008

Speed of Sound Enters Presidential Race

Midwest Lt. Gov. Speed of Sound (i-MW) has announced his entry into the Presidential race. The Lt. Governor indicated that his motivation for running has been the performance of the sitting President. He made strong direct and indirect criticism of the President in his speech, saying:
"over the past 9 weeks, I have watched the Atlasian government deteriorate, reduced to constant inaction and stooping as low as to openly attack newspaper editors. The President speaks of the glory days, but I recall glory days that were much more glorious than 70 disapproval ratings and the transformation of this country and its affairs into a running joke."

The entry prompted expressions of support, including from ex-Presidential candidate Sensei – in what may be a strong indication to date that will not be running for the Presidency in this election. There is an open spot for the Vice Presidential candidate on the ticket however, which Speed of Sound indicated he would make a announcement on “within the coming weeks”.

----

Bacon King joins Ernest Ticket

Associate Justice Ernest has announced his NLC colleague, Bacon King as his running mate for the upcoming Presidential election. The decision has been greeted warmly by other NLC members.

Ernest’s announcement though focused on the campaign’s theme of ‘Simplicity in Motion’ which underscores his belief that “government has become far too complicated for anyone who does not devote their full attention to it to comprehend all that it does.  This is not good for society and therefore we intend to simplify it and make it easier to understand.”

The declared priority of an Ernest/Bacon King administration would be a simplified tax code, focusing most particularly on installing a flat corporate sales tax (without any deductions); the elimination of the tax credit for capital losses to allow for the reduction of the tax rate on capital gains; and to review taxes on drugs, alcohol and tobacco taxes so that they raise revenue without “being so high as to needlessly encourage organized crime to profit from engaging in tax fraud”.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2008, 12:21:08 PM »

The Examiner Interview
2 May 2008

Below is the second part of The Examiner Interview with Polnut, which moves past the last election and looks at events since then and looks towards the future.

---

Return to Atlasia

You indicated for some time after you ceased your campaign that you would be leaving Atlasia in March. Evidently though from your participation in the election and indeed this interview, you still wish to retain some role. Why the change of heart?

PN: Yes, I fully intended to leave for good.

After a very brief time I saw the organised progressive movement starting to disintergrate. For the life of me, I couldn't understand why.

So I have been paying more attention than I intended to. I have no idea what sort of role I would or could play in the future. My concern is to be there to support the progressive cause in whatever way I can. I don't think the political breakdown of Atlasia is actually representative of the citizens... if that makes sense. The PLP was not founded to be a fringe party, the NLC is sitting very comfortably on its fence, but with I know some unsatisfied membership, but as long as they keep winning, they'll stay quiet. Equally, I don't think people more to the right should be forced out, a democracy shouldn't be some homogenous glob, where everybody thinks, feels and believes the same. Diversity gives us so much. So like I said, I have no clue what my future officially in Atlasia will be, but I will retain my interest and my citizenship. Whatever the future brings, it brings.

The President

Following your departure from the Presidential race, Keystone Phil went on to win. What is your analysis of his performance in that position?

PN: I think there is a strong degree of mutual antagonism between the Senate and the President. I don't think any branch of government has been performing as well as it should.

The President hasn't, so far, been as active and engaging as I hoped. I think spectacle of his appointments really set the scene for what's happening now. The president needs to be the president of all. I wished him well after the election, I still wish him the best of luck. I just hope he will put more substance in for the rest of his term.

The PLP

Over the past few weeks, your party, the PLP, has suffered from the loss of the majority of its active membership. What do you make of the party's apparent downfall and what future do you see for the PLP?

PN: This really has been a huge disappointment to me. I don't see any reason why the membership has dwindled so low. I left the party leadership because I wasn't planning to be active, so it made sense. I don't see what good the present situation does for the progressive cause.

The PLP was always going to struggle with the NLC and JCP taking up similar positions, therefore competing for the same voters. Unfortunately it seems that many have given up on the party, which is sad, perhaps for personal gain? I don't know. What I do hope is that the progressive movement is able to present itself as a united front once again. I personally don't see the present PLP remaining politically viable for too much longer. The Chairman is a good man, committed and was a strong supporter of mine, but sadly I think he's taken the helm a little too late.

The Future

You've spoken about your disappointment with both aspects of both the various parts of government and the disintegration of the PLP. How active a role do you intend to play in addressing the perceived problems? - Will you, for example, be seeking election in the near future?

PN: While nothing can be ruled out forever, unless something remarkable occurs, I don't see elected office in my future.

The problems regarding the PLP cannot and will not be fixed by one person's presence or absence, no matter good or strong the intentions. It will take the progressive movement with all its variants and balances to figure out exactly where and what it is. I think compromise is the best option, the NLC is so strong simply because all the other parties are too cliquey, or aren't open to divergent internal views. The NLC has become this massive umbrella party, the JCP seems to be mutating, so the PLP really has nowhere to go - I think a lot of progressives need to really look to whom will best serve their values, not just their electoral ambitions.

With thanks to Polnut for his participation.

As always, any persons interested in being the subject of an Examiner Interview should contact the editor directly by PM.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »

The Examiner
3 May 2008

Moderate Seeks Presidency

SoFA Mr. Moderate has declared that he will be joining the race for the Atlasian Presidency. Mr. Moderate indicated what can be expected from his candidacy:
In the coming days, I hope to present my vision for a "President Moderate" first term, including a series of legislative proposals, structural reforms, and constitutional amendments.  I will be introducing the first couple of these in the next 24 to 48 hours—the first being a major environmental policy that I anticipate will be the subject of much debate in the Senate; the second being a constitutional amendment to once again address and eliminate the budget requirement.  And, at the same time, I pledge to take the initiative (as Governor AndrewCT has done in the Northeast Region) to craft Atlasia's first national budget in years once it is constitutionally possible to do so.

Moderate becomes the second NLC candidate to declare his candidacy, following Ernest's entry into the race a few days ago.

Deputy SoFA
Mr. Moderate also stated that he would be “deputizing someone to handle all official business regarding the June 2008 election itself, so as to eliminate any possible conflict of interest”. The post of Deputy SoFA has been vacant for almost 2 years. There has been no indication of possible candidates for the position.

----

gporter Confirms Candidacy

gporter has confirmed his candidacy for the Atlasian Presidency. In his announcement speech, he offered strong criticism of President Keystone Phil, declaring:
Since President Phil has been in office, all we have had are scandals and no real leadership. We have had no real leadership because this country has been torn up in scandal, after scandal, after scandal. Willy Woz and I offer real solid leadership to you the people. We will be the candidates of the people. Those who are not seen perhaps as presidential and vice presidential material, but we can prove to you that we are that material.

gporter went on to advocate that his principle policy positions of health care; social security; lower taxes; and a balanced budget. Reaction to the announcement was met with little enthusiasm. At gporter campaign HQ, a number of Atlasians vented a barrage of criticism at the candidate over a number of his perceived failings. The consensus seems to be gathering that gporter’s consistent candidacy has lost whatever humour is ever may have had and that it may be time to simply let go.

----

In Brief

SoS Priorities
Speed of Sound has announced his top priorities should he be elected President which include using the Presidency to contructively engage with the Senate and the public; the restoration of a Game Moderator; and the return of economics to Atlasia.

Progressive Primary
Two of the declared candidates for the Presidency have decided to partake in the Progressive Primary. SoFA Mr. Moderate and MW Lt. Gov. Speed of Sound have both thrown their hats in the ring. The first primary (Midwest) begins on 23 May.

25th Senate Swears-In
The 25th Senate has begun swearing-in, starting with Rockefeller Republican, who enters the legislature for the first time.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #378 on: May 04, 2008, 08:28:15 AM »

The Examiner
4 May 2008

Phil Won't Run Again

President Keystone Phil has announced that he will not try to seek a second term in office. Given the state of recent public opinion concering his job performance, the notice was not greeted with great surprise. The President acknowledged that there existed the belief that his administration lacked accomplishments but chose to defend against these accusations by pointing to his cabinet:
"I am proud of what I stood for as President especially regarding my Cabinet. People may look back on this administration and express disapproval with our 'lack' of achievements but I think that Cabinet is one of the best ever assembled."

He also indicated that his work was not yet complete and that he would work in his final weeks “to accomplish what I set out to accomplish”.

The President concluded his remarks by endorsing the SoFA, Mr. Moderate in the upcoming elections.

----

In Brief

Polnut Leaves PLP
Polnut has joined the long list of people to walk out on the PLP. The party is now on the verge of falling below the inactive Federalist Party in membership to become only the 4th largest party. Party leader EarlAW has not publicly taken any actions or made any comments on the recent defections, but Vice Chair Xahar has hinted that something is planned within “a few weeks”.

PPT Nominations
The nominations for PPT of the 25th Senate have been opened in the Senate. Outgoing PPT, Meeker has once again said that he would take on the role “if no one else wants to”.

SPC for President
South Park Conservative has decided to try to seek the NLC nomination for the Presidency, joining Associate Justice Ernest and SoFA Mr. Moderate. Given his failure to gain one of the 5 NLC nominations for the recent Senate elections, it’s not expected that SPC has any real shot at the nomination. It is unclear what, if any, support he will be able to muster within the party.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #379 on: May 05, 2008, 05:23:37 AM »

The Examiner
5 May 2008

SoS Picks MasterJedi

Presidential candidate Speed of Sound has chosen sitting SoEA MasterJedi to join his ticket for the forthcoming election. The Lt. Governor cited the need for unity to get things done in Atlasia. He said:
I searched for a vice presidential candidate who I connected with not because of their politics, but because we both believed that sometimes instead of getting caught up in political drama, its best to sit down with the other side and use common sense to come to a compromise and advance the agenda of progress.

Accepting the position, MasterJedi declared his wish to bring “unity, experience and ideas” to the ticket. The SoEA cited his experience as a Senator and PPT as evidence of his ability to work with colleagues across the ideological spectrum. He also stated that he hoped to be active in Senate debate and wished to reflect the President’s views in his official actions.

The announcement was broadly welcomed by core SoS supporters, with only PLP Chairman EarlAW expressing his disapproval.

----

Constine for President

ME Lt. Gov. Ben Constine has joined the ever lengthening list of candidates for the Atlasian Presidency. In his declaration speech he said that he felt that there were “some stark differences” between him and the other Presidential candidates which motivated his decision to run.

----

Moderate wants Budget

Presidential hopeful Mr. Moderate has announced that he hopes to amend the current Constitutional provisions on the federal budget to allow for a more workable procedure to be put in place to create budgets. Moderate also said that failing the success of such an effort he would look to appoint a GM to “who will work with this administration to craft a budget.”

----

AG Bell Plans for Atlasian Bar

Attorney General Peter Bell has launched a consultation paper on the possible establishment of a “Supreme Court Bar” with a view to having a pool of lawyers in place as needs be for criminal cases and to have a body of the “legally minded” with formal status in Atlasia. The consultation is currently open for comments.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #380 on: May 06, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »

The Examiner
6 May 2008

Ethanol Debate

Presidential candidate, Mr. Moderate has announced his hopes to see a change in government policy regarding ethanol. Pointing to ethanol’s poor energy return from energy investment, Moderate said that he hoped to phase out all federal requirements which necessitate the use of ethanol in gasoline production. Describing the problems he saw with ethanol, Mr. Moderate said:

Ethanol benefits Atlasian farmers, that much is clear.  But the cost of this assistance to farmers is high: increased prices at the pump, increased prices at the supermarket as farmers divert more and more land from the growing of consumable food to the growing of corn for ethanol, and increased fossil fuel use resulting from the production of said ethanol.  Further, the diversion of corn from human consumption to fuel use is a mounting threat to the third world, adding to fears that some will go hungry at the expense of us first worlders filling our SUVs.”

Ernest Disagreement
In the first sign of a policy debate between candidates in this election, Moderate’s fellow NLC Presidential hopeful, Ernest responded to the announcement pointing to the benefits in combating air pollution that arise from the use of ethanol in this manner:
Ethanol also serves as an oxygenate to combat urban smog.  For use as an oxygenate, the only cost effective alternative to ethanol at present is MTBE which has even worse problems for the environment.”

He declared that he would not seek to remove mandatory regulations on ethanol use “that arise from the need to combat air pollution”.

Mr. Moderate came back on the points Ernest raised pointing to the environmental damage caused by the fertilizers and pesticides used in corn production.

----

25th Senate In Place

EarlAW has sworn-in as a Senator and so now all members of the 25th Senate are duly authorised to partake in proceedings. In related news, Meeker seems set to resume another term as PPT as nominations close in a few hours time. No other Senator has indicated interest in the position.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #381 on: May 07, 2008, 01:25:45 PM »

The Examiner
7 May 2008

Meeker re-appointed PPT

Meeker has been re-appointed as PPT following his being the only declaration of interest in the position.

That is all...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #382 on: May 07, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »

Slow news day, eh?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #383 on: May 08, 2008, 10:57:37 AM »

The Examiner
8 May 2008

President Signs Network Neutrality Bill

President Keystone Phil has signed the Network Neutrality Bill into law following the Senate’s rejection of his proposed amendment. The law sets down that:
“No Internet service provider may charge a discriminating fee, intentionally offer a discriminating speed of access, nor bar access to online material on the basis of its content to any of its users.”

----

Examiner Polling: Regional Senator Approval

Since the mid-term elections attention has focused on the Presidential race to replace Keystone Phil. The upcoming Senate election has been somewhat overlooked, quite possibly due to the lack of declared candidates.

This week’s Examiner Poll looks at the approval ratings of the 5 incumbent Regional Senators whose seats are up for grabs. As of yet, not all of the 5 have declared whether or not they intend to stand again.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #384 on: May 08, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »

It's been quite slow for a few days now.
It's likely things will pick up shortly.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #385 on: May 08, 2008, 11:12:45 AM »

It's been quite slow for a few days now.
It's likely things will pick up shortly.

There you go, just helped you out with a little bit of news!
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #386 on: May 09, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »

The Examiner
9 May 2008

Moderate/Ebowed Ticket

In a move surprising many, Presidential candidate Mr. Moderate will be joined by VP Ebowed on the ticket for the White House. Moderate said that he felt Ebowed was the "most qualified and most ready to serve the nation as Vice President".

He went on to acknowledge the "stark ideological differences" that exist between him and the Vice President but stated that "he [Ebowed] has the ability and the drive (along with PPT Meeker) to help keep the Senate running smoothly during a President Moderate administration."

Concluding his remarks, Mr. Moderate established that competence would take priority over ideology for him in office:
"A small handful of people have expressed surprise at my choice, but those who know me best will understand that I value hard work and the ability to get the job done over partisan affiliations.  A President Moderate administration will include the best players from across the ideological spectrum—regardless of how blue or how red their avatar may be."

Ebowed Statement
Accepting the position, Vice President Ebowed lauded Moderate’s role as a Senator and as SoFA and going further remarked:
"Currently many Atlasians have doubts in their federal government, particularly the executive branch.  Moderate will be able to heal those divisions like few others can, and as an experienced legislator, he will also be able to work with the Senate in an efficient manner."

Reaction
The move was welcomed by some, but seen as politically astute by all, particularly given that JCP leader, bgwah, appears to have given his blessing to the ticket, despite former misgivings about Mr. Moderate. This endorsement alone should secure the ticket strong support in the Pacific Region in the General Election.

----

Senate Business Stalls Again

The 25th Senate session has gotten off to a slow start and would appear to be grinding to a halt again. This time however, certain Senators have made grumbling noises about the dearth of activity. Both Sens. Sam Spade and CultureKing have made public requests for movement on bills and The Examiner has also learned privately that there is some discontent on the backbenches on this issue.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2008, 10:34:29 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2008, 10:37:29 AM by Jas »

The Examiner
12 May 2008

Regional Senators Polling Results

Examiner Polling’s results demonstrate that Atlasia’s regions vary markedly in their level of enthusiasm for their regional Senators. Taking each in turn, by region…

Sen. Meeker (PLP-ME)
Sample: 8
Approve: 87.5%
Disapprove: 12.5%
Net Approval: 75%
Median: Between Approve and Strongly Approve

A very strong sample was received for our poll on Sen. Meeker who is clearly very well received within his region, with only one voter registering discontent with the now second term PPT. With no other candidate declared in the race, these results would indicate that even if a challenger did emerge, they would be unlikely to unseat this incumbent.

Sen. hughento (NLC-MW)
Sample: 3
Approve: 33.3%
Disapprove: 33.3%
Net Approval: 0%
Median: Neither Approve nor Disapprove

With only a sample of 3, little can be read into the results for Sen. hughento, despite the small population base of the Midwestern region. The returns though can give little room for complacency for the Senator with the 3 votes splitting equally, for, against and in between on his job performance. hughento has sought the NLC’s nomination for the Midwest, so will almost certainly run again. hugh will face Lewis Trondheim in June in what will almost certainly prove a tough challenge.

Sen. Verily (NLC-NE)
Sample: 9
Approve: 77.8%
Disapprove: 0%
Net Approval: 77.8%
Median: Strongly Approve

Sen. Verily clearly is held in high esteem in the Northeast registering a rare strongly approve return from the median voter in our sample. No competitor has emerged to take on the redoubtable NLC Chairman yet and with figures such as these, maybe none can be expected.

Sen. friz (JCP-PAC)
Sample: 4
Approve: 50%
Disapprove: 50%
Net Approval: 0%
Median: Between Disapprove and Strongly Approve

Sen. friz, in keeping with his introverted style, has yet to declare whether or not he will officially seek re-election. In our poll, the small sample of 4 split evenly between approving his job and disapproving of it. Despite the presence of opposition candidates, Xahar and Torie, all that really matters in the Pacific is the opinion of the JCP leadership which has proven time and time again their imperviousness to outside criticism of their candidates and motives.

Sen. Sam Spade (JCP-SE)
Sample: 2
Approve: 50%
Disapprove: 0%
Net Approval: 50%
Median: Between Neither Approve nor Disapprove and Strongly Approve

More can be read into our poll results on Sen. Spade about the Southeast region than about their endearment for Sam Spade. With only 2 Southerners expressing an opinion, the health and engagement of the region could again be called into question. Unsurprisingly, no opposition candidate has stepped forward to challenge the incumbent. The Examiner however doesn’t doubt that the job of Southeastern Senator is there for Sen. Spade should he want it.

Reflection
All told the upcoming Senate elections look like they will lack any real spark, with only elections for 2 of the 5 seats likely to be contested and only 1 of those (Midwest) liable to being competitive. Despite this lack of candidates and competition, it will though bring solace to those who have opposed the move to PR-STV to retain this style of elections. Every cloud...

----

Inks: Deputy SoFA and ME Gov?

Following his comments last week, Examiner Polling has found that the Atlasian public are very receptive to Inks's nomination as Deputy SoFA

Sample: 18
Approve: 60.1%
Disapprove: 16.7%
Net Approval: 43.4%
Median: Approve

Inks nomination prompted regional judge Sensei to announce a conditional entry into the Gubernatorial race. Announcing his possible entry, he said:
Due to Inks dropping out of the Mideastern Gubernatorial Race, I will seek the governorship.
If Inks hasn't dropped out or he changes his mind, I'm out of the race and I endorse him.

Inks though has since made clear he has no intention of dropping out, indeed he has clearly
expressed his wish to hold both jobs
:
 “After reading over the Constitution, I have come to the following conclusion:
I will accept the position, and run for Governor.  If I do win the election, I will challenge any movement to remove me from my position of Deputy SoFA...

Inks intends to argue that the Constitutional provision which states: “No person may simultaneously hold two or more offices of the Republic of Atlasia at any level of the government.” (Article V, Section 1, Clause 1) should not prohibit his prospective dual-office holding given Article IV, Section 1, Clause 4: "Regions are autonomous of the federal government and may govern themselves and their elections as they wish, except where otherwise provided for in this Constitution.”

Though The Examiner, of course, wishes Inks the very best of luck in his prospective role administering elections, this editor must express some concern about the candidate’s ability to interpret rather clear Constitutional provisions, especially given the important role interpreting legislation plays in the administration of elections.

----

Torie to run in Pacific

Atlasian newbie, Torie (i-PAC) has decided to throw himself straight into the upcoming Senate elections. Speaking at his official announcement, he declared:
My platform is sensible, constrained, cautious, centrist, and independent of the partisan cant that despoils the most fruited place on the Fruited Plain!

Despite numerous warnings about the nature of JCP dominated politics in the Pacific, Torie’s response clearly indicates a belief that he can overcome. The JCP are unlikely to be sympathetic to his message but should they fail to find a candidate, he does have the notable electoral advantage, form the JCP’s point of view, of simply not being Xahar.

----

As regular readers may have noticed, The Examiner took it’s first publication break this weekend. Consideration is being given to seeking a Guest Editor for occasional publications, or indeed simply guest op-ed writers with occasional contributions to help keep The Examiner healthily active. Anyone interested in making such a contribution should, as usual, contact the editor by PM.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2008, 10:54:07 AM »

All told the upcoming Senate elections look like they will lack any real spark, with only elections for 2 of the 5 seats likely to be contested and only 1 of those (Midwest) liable to being competitive.

Hey. I almost won last time. Remember? Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2008, 10:57:20 AM »

All told the upcoming Senate elections look like they will lack any real spark, with only elections for 2 of the 5 seats likely to be contested and only 1 of those (Midwest) liable to being competitive.

Indeed I do and the JCP quickly learned its lesson. I don't see anything short of a migration of sympathetic voters from elsewhere making you competitive this time.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: May 12, 2008, 11:03:27 AM »

Indeed I do and the JCP quickly learned its lesson. I don't see anything short of a migration of sympathetic voters from elsewhere making you competitive this time.

I'm delusional, but with a very strong GOTV effort, something I almost managed in the first round but which killed me in the runoff, I could pull it out.

Of course, Torie should play a big role in this race. I wouldn't be surprised if he got the JCP endorsement. Really, who else is left in the JCP to run?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2008, 11:14:20 AM »

I'm delusional, but with a very strong GOTV effort, something I almost managed in the first round but which killed me in the runoff, I could pull it out.

Again, short of importing voters, I don't really see a "strong GOTV" effort producing anywhere near enough votes.

Of course, Torie should play a big role in this race. I wouldn't be surprised if he got the JCP endorsement. Really, who else is left in the JCP to run?

friz, obviously.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »

Again, short of importing voters, I don't really see a "strong GOTV" effort producing anywhere near enough votes.

It would if the JCP sees this election as one where it doesn't need to expend too much effort.

friz, obviously.

Last time, he declared somewhat earlier. It would be a great victory for all Atlasia if he chose not to run.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #393 on: May 12, 2008, 11:27:53 AM »

It would if the JCP sees this election as one where it doesn't need to expend too much effort.

Well, in truth, they don't. On a really bad weekend, they should have 4 votes in the Pacific. And we've seen their ability to pull out late votes at seemingly short notice when required. It would probably be very surprising if you got to 4 votes. So I really don't envisage a close race here.

friz, obviously.

Last time, he declared somewhat earlier. It would be a great victory for all Atlasia if he chose not to run.

Even if he doesn't declare officially, even if the JCP don't officially get a candidate, they can simply write-in friz or some other stalwart. (And what's more even if no JCP'er ends up on the ballot, I'd expect them to preference Torie over you anyway.)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: May 12, 2008, 11:39:48 AM »

Well, in truth, they don't. On a really bad weekend, they should have 4 votes in the Pacific. And we've seen their ability to pull out late votes at seemingly short notice when required. It would probably be very surprising if you got to 4 votes. So I really don't envisage a close race here.

Four votes isn't unreachable; I've done it before. It'd be a bit of a stretch, but if I saved my hand until late, it could work.

friz, obviously.

Even if he doesn't declare officially, even if the JCP don't officially get a candidate, they can simply write-in friz or some other stalwart. (And what's more even if no JCP'er ends up on the ballot, I'd expect them to preference Torie over you anyway.)

But which JCP stalwart?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2008, 11:51:49 AM »

Four votes isn't unreachable; I've done it before. It'd be a bit of a stretch, but if I saved my hand until late, it could work.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

friz, obviously.

But which JCP stalwart?

Doesn't matter.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That we will. Smiley

friz, obviously.

But which JCP stalwart?

Doesn't matter.

Not for the election, but it certainly does in the Senate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2008, 12:47:46 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2008, 01:22:05 PM by Torie »

Hey Jas, now I "know" why I "hate" the main stream media!  Smiley
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »

Hey, maybe Everett can be elected Senator again! Purple heartBlue heart!!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »

Hey, maybe Everett can be elected Senator again! Purple heartBlue heart!!
*hurr*
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies