The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:34:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193136 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: March 02, 2008, 09:47:09 AM »

Dear editor,

I'd like to complain about your comment about no cases ever coming before the CJO....see the Bullmoose election cases, where this writer...cough...where the CJO had to deal with issues relating the election law...

Sincerely yours,

Sitting on a park bench in my robes
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »

There was a Northeast case over the regional gay marriage law which was declared unconstitutional.

We had such a case?  I don't think it was when I was CJO.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 02:38:41 PM »

Anyone who can work out quite what my vote is up to wins a prize

Seems like you really want Lewis in, and the classical liberal types out...Huh
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »

And I've posted.

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »

Interesting now that Ernest has left the court with regards to election vs. appointment.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »

Interesting now that Ernest has left the court with regards to election vs. appointment.

True.  Of course, someone has to bring a lawsuit first.

Well...given the last decision, i don't know what good it would do as there arent enough votes either way yet.  Until you're confirmed, presumably.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »

Duke does not seem to be in conflict, the SC ruled that the seat is vacant.  The seat will eventually be filled by a SE, but until then it is a vacant regional seat, something that is to be filled by the governor.  Personally, that is the part I do not understand about the ruling.  If Spade was ineligible to serve, Duke should be able to appoint someone for the full term.

The Court ruled that there was a vacancy and ruled on how the vacancy was to be filled - by election.
Whether that is right or wrong is irrelevant - it is the Court's ruling and only the Court itself can overrule it.
Duke has consciously chosen to ignore the ruling and make an appointment anyway.

It defies me how one can conclude that he hasn't conflicted with the judgment; nor how one can come to any conclusion but that your appointment is invalid in light of the Court's decision.

I don't believe that any of your votes in the Senate should be deemed valid; if a presiding officer of the Senate does count one of your votes, then I intend to challenge the decision and hopefully the Court will be able to resolve things properly.

Hopefully we'll have a full court at that time.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You might have a standing issue Jas, if DWTL's vote were not the deciding vote in enacting a law (if his vote was decisive, then you could challenge the law). An interesting case would be where DWTL's vote was decisive in not enacting a law, as to standing. But hey, maybe the concept of standing does not obtain in Atlasia. Everybody can sue everybody, with abandon. Tongue

You're quite right. The issue of standing is the only reason I've not brought the suit, yet.
However, the court's have given some latitute before on this issue.

Previous courts, without much justification, have.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies