The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:25:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193105 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: March 21, 2008, 11:24:16 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL, what a clueless clown.
I wouldn't go as far as to call Xahar a clown, but has he seen the Pacific legislature lately? 

Funny, I actually consider the Pacific legislature to be one of the best, second now perhaps to the Northeastern one.

Even if it does nothing but regularly dispatch pure liquified crazy, at least it's doing something.
but its anything but stagnant.

Remove bgwah and the region would barely register any activity. The region is stagnant, it's Governor is not. Unfortunately, the Governor seems quite happy with the stagnancy; and indeed, with exporting it regularly to the Senate.

wow, thanks I feel the love...           Wink
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »

I always would've supported him had he been a member of my party. Smiley

I'm not sure I would say I ran out of options, either, as the JCP could have appointed someone from any state. If the choice had been limited to D5 then maybe you would be correct.

By my reckoning, your only real option would've been BRTD (I don't see the post tempting opebo to leave the court) - and I'm not sure BRTD would've been all that interested. It would have been very interesting to see what what have happened had CultureKing not went running.

So are you saying that the better option would be to not switch parties and instead let District 5 be represented by either a very inactive member or someone who is not even from the district? I feel that my decision enabled the voters of District 5 a chance to have a representative that would be active as well as one who would represent their ideas and stances well in the senate.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 12:41:36 AM »

Ok people, let's not have ourselves the racial slurs here, ok.

Agreed, calming down would be a good idea.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 11:25:20 PM »

Congrats to Lewis on his win, I look forward to working with another member of the JCP in the senate.
And now for a slightly annoying graphic:

Smiley
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 04:11:35 PM »

The Examiner
18 April 2008

Senate Mid-terms Election Update

Official voting has begun in the Senate mid-terms. Early returns are very positive for Rockefeller Republican who has taken an early lead. Rocky seems to be attracting the support of conservatives. Should that trend continue, Rocky will be very well placed to take a seat – particularly given that neither of kingofthebenchpress; South Park Conservative; nor Jake are polling well.

Colin Wixted is doing well in attracting high preferences, which should pay off down the line. Some candidates are already clearly going to face an uphill battle. Sens. Hashemite and CultureKing appear to be more likely to lose their seats than retain them. Sen. BaconKing may also be in difficulties.

It remains though very early in the election to make too many observations and it’s likely that we will be bearing down on the voting deadline before most of the winners will become clear.

----

Pacific General Election

Voting is also underway on the west coast for the positions of Governor and Lt. Governor. The JCP combination of Jesus and Alcon are expected to win comfortably. Two other candidates for the Governorship, Perdedor and Xahar, are also on the ballot paper, though are not expected to make an impact.

----

In the Senate

Sen. CultureKing (JCP-D5) has introduced two bills to the Senate’s legislative agenda. The Legislation Tabling Bill seeks to set in place rules for the tabling of legislation. Current practices in this regard are based solely on established practice and precedent. The bill was originally drafted by Xahar.

CultureKing has also submitted the War Prevention Bill which appears to be by his own hand. The bill calls for the mandatory drafting of the President’s children of military age in the event of a war initiated by Atlasia. What odds on it being the first bill tabled under Legislative Tabling Act?
Meh, I would be fine if my second bill is tabled, if there is enough opposition to it then it deserves to be tabled, all I am doing is offering up ideas (its better than doing nothing right?)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »

In the senate I will oppose the plan to expand PR. If this is passed the regions will have little if any power left and certain areas such as the NE would have greatly increased influence.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 01:01:20 AM »

Fellow Senator CK, is the thrust of your opposition, that less populated regions will lose senators, or that the regions should exist as separate government entities for other reasons?  I think having regions as entities just over the rainbow should exist so that there can be discussions about the limits of federal power, and litigation, and all of that good stuff. We need to keep the court busy. Tongue

Senator Trondheim, do we care as to whether of not the regions are functional, so long as the federal trains run on time?  Is the concern that they drain energy away from the center, which has only a marginal amount in its own right? Or is the concern that it makes amending the Constitution too difficult? Is it just about having rotten boroughs? Or something else?

We need to make sure that there are representatives of the regions to make sure that every part of Atlasia is well-represented in Nyman and to make sure that the various concerns of the different areas of our country are adressed. I see this new legislation as a way to take away power from less-populated areas, also I like the idea of having smaller elections where you get to know the candidates better and you have a history following them (like you have a personal, regional representative where as national representatives can seem a little distanced since they in represent and ideology instead of an given population.)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »

Are you going to cover regional elections as well as the national senate election?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies