The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:29:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193114 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: February 29, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »

Xahar will NOT stand for D5. Heard it from the horse's mouth.

And I'll confirm that. Though I will be writing myyself in. I'm not voting for a candidate who cost me the election.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 09:57:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Qualifications and conduct in Atlasia, not who ought to have been nominated.

Emphasis added.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »

Qualifications and conduct in Atlasia, not who ought to have been nominated.

Emphasis added.

Hughento and I had our problems here, too. I suggest laying off the arrogance when you don't fully understand the situation.

That's the byword with me, huh? Should my next campaign slogan be "The Arrogance to Bring Change" or "Arrogance We Can Believe In"?

You probably just wanted to annoy me so you can be the child that you are and say, "Haha! Look! You have a temper!" Typical.

No, here you are, in your defense of yourself, doing the crime. Painting your dissenters as nothing more than constant and infamous whining 'children'. I dont see how anyone even takes you seriously with all the hypocrisy in your words, sir.

How else am I supposed to characterize your silly behavior? You want to bait me and when I defend myself, you get to point to an "infamous temper?" Laughable.
No, I have expressed a dissenting opinion, along with many other very respected Atlasians. This isnt silly behaviour, this is a serious discussion Atlasia is having, whether youre angry we're having it or not. Sorry, Phil, say what you want about me, you won't bludgeon me into silence. Ive got nothing to lose.

And, continuing my roll as "Broken Record in Chief," I'll say again that I don't have a problem with the disagreement with my decision. I have a problem with the unnecessary anger with my decision and my desire to stand by my extremely qualified nominee over someone who expects a life appointment.
But if we disagree with it strongly, wouldnt we naturally be angry? That seems to be a logical response to a serious breach in personal beliefs. Besides, it seems the only angry person here is you.

Uh, I see no reason to get angry over this. I've tried to make this clear before - This is a game.

Anyway, the childish behavior continues. Apparently, I'm the only person who "seems" angry even though you and a few others continue to beat your chests, telling me how you won't stand down to my authoritarian behavior, won't be silenced by the tyrant, etc.

Anyway, Mr. Moderate will make a great SoFA. I'm glad I nominated him and that his entire confirmation process ran smoothly.

Moderate will be a very good SoFA, as his comments at the hearing abundantly show.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 05:42:31 PM »

LOL, what a clueless clown.
I wouldn't go as far as to call Xahar a clown, but has he seen the Pacific legislature lately? 

I have. In fact, I proposed a bill there. It was the only one that failed, showing that the legislature continues to be a JCP rubber-stamp.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »

I always would've supported him had he been a member of my party. Smiley

I'm not sure I would say I ran out of options, either, as the JCP could have appointed someone from any state. If the choice had been limited to D5 then maybe you would be correct.

By my reckoning, your only real option would've been BRTD (I don't see the post tempting opebo to leave the court) - and I'm not sure BRTD would've been all that interested. It would have been very interesting to see what what have happened had CultureKing not went running.

So are you saying that the better option would be to not switch parties and instead let District 5 be represented by either a very inactive member or someone who is not even from the district? I feel that my decision enabled the voters of District 5 a chance to have a representative that would be active as well as one who would represent their ideas and stances well in the senate.

But others saw it as opportunism. While I respect your argument, the comment you gave when you switched parties didn't help.

At least come back to the PLP now that you'll never have to face voters in the Pacific again.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:20:15 PM »

I always would've supported him had he been a member of my party. Smiley

I'm not sure I would say I ran out of options, either, as the JCP could have appointed someone from any state. If the choice had been limited to D5 then maybe you would be correct.

By my reckoning, your only real option would've been BRTD (I don't see the post tempting opebo to leave the court) - and I'm not sure BRTD would've been all that interested. It would have been very interesting to see what what have happened had CultureKing not went running.

So are you saying that the better option would be to not switch parties and instead let District 5 be represented by either a very inactive member or someone who is not even from the district? I feel that my decision enabled the voters of District 5 a chance to have a representative that would be active as well as one who would represent their ideas and stances well in the senate.

But others saw it as opportunism. While I respect your argument, the comment you gave when you switched parties didn't help.

At least come back to the PLP now that you'll never have to face voters in the Pacific again.

You're still bitter about being annihilated in the run-off, aren't you?

Ticked off? Very, very much so. Bitter? Not really; I have so many other options. That episode simply renewed my resolve to destroy the JCP dictatorship.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 09:26:48 PM »

I'm a dictator? lol

Get back to me when I amend the constitution to require 75% of the region to remove me.

Thanks.

What's wrong with double standards?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 09:33:25 PM »

I'm a dictator? lol

Get back to me when I amend the constitution to require 75% of the region to remove me.

Thanks.

What's wrong with double standards?

You're not even making sense anymore.

Amn't I? This is how you win arguments.

Thank you. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 09:51:57 PM »

Fine. Enlighten me with your logic.

See? Exactly; it works every time.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 09:56:10 PM »

Translation: You are not a dictator, and I, being the whiny crybaby that I am, seek to discredit you with lies.

Although I have to give it to you, Xahar, there isn't anybody else in this game I like watching lose more. Smiley

There you have it. My argument in a nutshell.

And if you like seeing me lose, who do you plan on crowning Lt. Governor this time? I should probably cast my extra votes to secure my victory.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 10:02:33 PM »

Translation: You are not a dictator, and I, being the whiny crybaby that I am, seek to discredit you with lies.

Although I have to give it to you, Xahar, there isn't anybody else in this game I like watching lose more. Smiley

There you have it. My argument in a nutshell.

Listen, I know you like to think you're being clever, but in the end you're just proving to everyone what a moron you are. Smiley

Moron? Me? It's not like you're at the top of the totem pole. Hey, I found one thing we have in common. Jake hates us both.

Nobody.

That's good to know. I'll try getting another vote or two, just in case.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 10:08:52 PM »

The best thing to happen to the JCP in ever.  (By default, but still.)

What is? Me?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 10:28:22 PM »

The best thing to happen to the JCP in ever.  (By default, but still.)

What is? Me?

Yuh huh.  And you better go get those other votes to show for you.  You're tied with None of the Above.

None of the other votes are online right now.

And I won't be on after 9 AM tomorrow, so I have to delegate GOTV responsibilities to somebody else.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 11:47:28 PM »

Moron? Me? It's not like you're at the top of the totem pole. Hey, I found one thing we have in common. Jake hates us both.

Wrong. I'm down with bgwah.

Are you? Wasn't it this morning that you were complaining?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 11:59:26 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2008, 12:38:33 AM by SoEA MasterJedi »

Racial slurs? Whoa.

About his seemingly paying Dave not to be banned.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 12:03:23 AM »

What is? That you're calling me racial slurs that don't even apply to my race? Or that you're pissed off at Jesus?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 10:47:11 AM »

Tally:
Aye: 5 (CultrueKing; Hashemite; afleitch; Bacon King; Colin Wixted)
Nay: 2 (hughento; Sam Spade)
Yet to vote: 3 (friz; Sensei; Verily)

Meekermariner, not Sensei.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »

Though I've had my [ahem] disagreements with our most revered dear VIce President, I'll second that without reservation.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 05:34:30 PM »

Trans Fats Bill Saturated with Criticism

Cheesy
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »

OK, I must ask the Southeast governor to open the SE booth as soon as possible.

If the current trend against the amendment holds, it won't even matter what Governor Caldwell does.  

TCash101, actually. Preston got voted out in February.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 12:23:23 AM »

Congrats to Lewis on his win, I look forward to working with another member of the JCP in the senate.
And now for a slightly annoying graphic:

Smiley

Look at his post count! Isn't that weird? An SMF Easter egg?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 12:45:46 AM »

Projections for the elections:

Lewis, Colin, Afleitch, Earl win seats. Last seat is a tossup between Sensei and Bacon King.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 12:23:47 PM »

Just noticed something:

For the PLP, the results are less positive. Taking 13.4% of the first preference vote in a 5-seater election would see them placed to contest for only 1 seat. Given recent events, the party’s cohesion must be seen as being under serious doubt. Whether they are united on a candidate or at least show strong unity in transfers will determine their success.

The first candidate on the PLP list is in fact EarlAW; Sensei is #2.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 12:37:01 PM »

Just noticed something:

For the PLP, the results are less positive. Taking 13.4% of the first preference vote in a 5-seater election would see them placed to contest for only 1 seat. Given recent events, the party’s cohesion must be seen as being under serious doubt. Whether they are united on a candidate or at least show strong unity in transfers will determine their success.

So he is. Embarrassed
In which case he would obviously be favoured, but the same provisos apply. Whatever the result, the PLP vote will be interesting.

I think we'll have the best, most unified voting patterns of any party. The JCP doesn't even have a list, and the NLC is full of dissidents. Overoptimistic? We'll wait and see. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 01:03:19 PM »

Just noticed something:

So he is. Embarrassed
In which case he would obviously be favoured, but the same provisos apply. Whatever the result, the PLP vote will be interesting.

I think we'll have the best, most unified voting patterns of any party. The JCP doesn't even have a list, and the NLC is full of dissidents. Overoptimistic? We'll wait and see. Smiley

I expect the core PLP vote to be fairly united, but it's the voting of the ex-PLP and the hesitant-PLP members as well as how independents rate them that should give a good indication of the party's future.

I think the NLC will probably toe the line fairly well, but it is by far the largest party so some divergence is to be expected; and with only 2 candidates the JCP don't need a list - just reasonable transfer effectiveness. Lewis's core support is at least as much outside the party as there may be within it, from all I've seen CultureKing's support is only within the party (and at that only the behest of the bgwah). One of them should certainly win, and if the strategy is right it's not inconceivable for both to win.

Realistically, this is the best ticket the PLP could have put forward. The list is headed by two fairly popular ex-Senators, and there are no "bad apples" (so to speak). But what the PLP will influence most is those last few seats; it could really kill Jake, who isn't the most popular figure in the liberal camp.

CultureKing is very unlikely to win anything; he's just not a very attractive candidate, what with the accusations of oppotunism and all. He got a very low spot on the PLP list, and I doubt NLCers will rate him much higher.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies