The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:59:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193103 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: April 15, 2008, 11:04:15 AM »

I'm amazed that the Jesus Christ Party somehow has 4 Senate seats.

(Alright, counting Sam is sort of cheating, but...)
He did vote for me over Colin. Grin

My vote did put you over the top.  And imagine, it wouldn't have happened if the NLC had put a District 4 resident in the seat to begin with.  Wonder if there are any lessons here...

I also preferenced Lewis, because of the moral necessity to have a D4 resident in the seat. I felt conflicted due to my feeling that Colin would be a great senator and because he's of my party, but he will be elected in the upcoming elections most likely and he wasn't from the region.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 02:09:56 PM »

I was from district 4... I totally forgot about that, actually. Smiley

And yet it was why you won Tongue
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »

Three votes including Brandon, yeah... then again, the JCP's GOTV effort was worth four votes. Grin

I doubt all of those were JCP GOTV. Some, yes, but not all.
Two of them are by JCP members... and the other two are bullet votes by people who never vote. So...

It could've been me, for all you know. I've gotten those bullet voters in the past. Tongue
which is why you have such a long, illustrious list of titles to your name, right?

If I hadn't gotten those votes, I'd have been as serious a candidate in the Pacific as Hughento or King.

...who both actually won elections in that region at one point or another.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:41:51 PM »

Three votes including Brandon, yeah... then again, the JCP's GOTV effort was worth four votes. Grin

I doubt all of those were JCP GOTV. Some, yes, but not all.
Two of them are by JCP members... and the other two are bullet votes by people who never vote. So...

It could've been me, for all you know. I've gotten those bullet voters in the past. Tongue
which is why you have such a long, illustrious list of titles to your name, right?

If I hadn't gotten those votes, I'd have been as serious a candidate in the Pacific as Hughento or King.

...who both actually won elections in that region at one point or another.

Remember your last run? You got as many votes as Robert Stark.

Of course I remember that, but unlike you, I know that things change over time in atlasia. I've been here since the very first election, and whilst i'm not going to pull time-rank, I am going to suggest that clling me (or King, who is also a long-term and highly politically successful Atlasian) non-serious candidates is looking at only the very recent past, relative to the history of Atlaisa.

I remember when Wildcard was governor for life-you just met him yesterday. That's not a bad thing, but you lack perspective.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:53:52 AM »

Seems we're in for an upset or two. Still, there's lots of time left...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 11:42:25 AM »

Earl-tactics. I'd much rather work with you in the senate than KoBP, but practically I'm more likely to elect my fellow NPCers by ranking you lower on the ballot.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »

I've been without internet access for a week, my apologies but it was unpreventable. I'll also be laying low for the next week, as real-world concerns are taking over.

BTW, can the Examiner look into the DoEA China panel's lack of movement?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »

<<Is writing major essays but will soon introduce some bills. Coincidentally, anyone want to have a read-through of my pols essay? I'll be posting it in Political Essays and Debate shortly.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 02:15:39 AM »

...anyone want to have a look at the list of Bacon King first preference voters? The same thing has been going on for about 8 pages...should've been glaring...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 02:30:07 AM »

Is the mistake that BK is listed twice? If so, I don't think that that changes anything.

That is, ineed, the mistake; abd with this system you can never know what changes what until you acually go through it all. Does it mean only BK's first vote is counted; only his second, or that both are invalidated (as they should be, no offence BK)? How are preferences affected? etc.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34:24 AM »

I noticed as soon as I checked the thread, but that was only about 20 mins before I posted; I had a good 8 pages to read through.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »

So I win Smiley

But SPC doesn't Sad

It seems like a pattern is occuring, one party does great one cycle then they lose it the next.  The NLC won a lot of seats, then not only did they fail to retain them, but they were pretty much put in oblivion.  The RPP won 2 seats last time when no one thought they could, and we only won one this time.

Perhaps most telling though is the collapse of the Atlasian left as a cohesive unit.  The DA and RPP look to have turned Atlasia into the closest thing to a two party system we have ever seen.

You haven't been here for very long, mate.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 01:14:40 PM »

Bring in a secret ballot and Atlasia dies. Lose elections and you're left with a small core group making irrelevant posts in the senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies