The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:47:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193092 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 09, 2008, 01:40:26 PM »

sections 18 and 19 of the Proportional Representation Act – which allow parties to nominate replacement Senators – were in contravention of a constitutional requirement that seats must be filled by election.

In fact, section 19 of the PRA was not declared unconstitutional, but it needs a constitutional section 18 to operate.  If the Senate were to amend section 18 of the PRA so as to have the major party in question conduct a special election at the time required by Article I Section 4 Clause 5 and the Eleventh Amendment, then such an amended section 18 would not run afoul of the decision in Brandon H v Department of Forum Affairs and section 19 would be able to operate.

I considered in part III B of my opinion the option of limiting section 18 to just a party run special election, instead of striking section 18 altogether, but I was unwilling to write law for the Senate.  If the Senate wishes to have parties conducting special elections under rules established by a party, then the Senate can make that choice itself.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:54:14 PM »

I feel sorry for HappyWarrior.  On all three ballots where a person gave the same rank to two candidates, he was one of the ones who was involved.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »

The decision effectively concludes that I am now a second-class citizen in the view of Atlasia.  Same thing will apply to deregistered citizens in the future.

Naturally, I am not happy.

Not second-class, but newly-minted.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »

I must be doing the transfers wrong somewhere.  As of feeblepizza's vote, I have both Snowguy and myself going over the quota on Count 6, tho he does so by more than me  (12.706 for him. 11.235 for myself).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies