The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:46:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193092 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: April 20, 2008, 04:58:08 PM »

I think I might be out of this one...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »

This result shows how co-operation can overcome party advantage. Now let's see more of it! Congratulations to Franzl.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 11:18:56 AM »

This result shows how co-operation can overcome party advantage. Now let's see more of it! Congratulations to Franzl.
No it doesn't.  If you are trying to say that the RPP is somewhat weaker you are wrong.  In case you

Um...read what I posted again. Rather than what you think I'm writing.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »

No it doesn't.  If you are trying to say that the RPP is somewhat weaker you are wrong.  In case you

Um...read what I posted again. Rather than what you think I'm writing.
Your post would seem to imply that the RPP can easily be written off if for the cooperation of independents.

No. I said they can easily be beaten if there is co-operation. That is different from 'written off' Notice how the first preferences for Makoria filtered down to Franzl - that's what I mean by co-operation.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 12:02:56 PM »

Well, obvious there is a left wing advantage in Atlasia. What's more impressive is that the RPP will most likely control half of the Senate despite this advantage.

Not all those who voted for Franzl were 'left wing' as you put it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »

At present the vote is split 4-4, the RPP voting to extricate the Government from involvement with this issue. Only Sen. Bacon King and Sen. Smid have yet to vote. Should Bacon King turn up, he is expected to be a safe Nay vote. Sen. Smid though has been equivocating.

Statement from Senator Smid:

Contrary to recent rumours, I am not equivocating on the HIV/AIDS Bill.

My position on this legislation is clear. Until a Needle Exchange Programme is introduced in Atlasia, I cannot support the Bill.

I am drafting a Bill to introduce in the Senate and if passed, I will not hesitate to agree to the HIV/AIDS Bill.

/ends.

However that will still mean that we will have no policy on HIV/AIDS prevention even if a needle exchange bill is passed. How can it be constructive to effectively abolish any policy on the matter, whether preventative or not?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 08:48:44 AM »

How would at play out when the federal government sends funding, I would assume in Atlasian dollars, if the SE doesn't accept them.

Probably conversion. However what you actually get after that would depend on the strengths of both currencies.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 08:22:41 AM »

Well, its been a nice run and I'm sure I'll find my back soon enough Smiley

It's not over until it's over. Hang in there.

True; it's a 'big math thing' at the moment.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 08:29:18 AM »

It would be an incredible run.

It is a pretty exciting race considering I have no idea (even with all the explanations) how this system works. I'll just trust you guys. Wink

I ran under an STV system in real life and didn't have a clue what was going on! As you say, you just have to trust the people doing the math Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 08:49:04 AM »

Wow, either it way it looks like it could be 8 RPP/DA senators combined, when was the last time that two parties controlled that many seats?  It almost would mean the SDP follow the NLC out the door as having no senators

Remember that if the 3 DA members get elected, we are quite a diverse group. So there would be agreements and there would be disagreements. Which is healthy Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 09:48:35 AM »

Well, I have a feeling by the end the RPP will do a good job of that Smiley

Inactive voters ahoy!
Compared to the JCP, we have nowhere as many as inactive voters.  Other than a few new people who is really inactive?  Almost everyone of our people holds office or at least has ran for one.  You can't really play the inactive voter card with us.

To be fair, I think people were focusing on some of the newbies, like Luis Gonzales who registered April 1st and confirmed he was 'recruited'. We have not seen him since and now he turns up and votes. People are going to be concerned about this, particularly if it looks as if they are being 'bused in.'
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 09:58:05 AM »

To be fair, I think people were focusing on some of the newbies, like Luis Gonzales who registered April 1st and confirmed he was 'recruited'. We have not seen him since and now he turns up and votes. People are going to be concerned about this, particularly if it looks as if they are being 'bused in.'
People made the same claims about other recruits such as Dead0man and Dan Adams who have been or still are Lt. Govs. and convention delegates as well as Sen. Smid who is among our parties most highly respected and active individuals.  As the fact that Luis Gonzalez didn't declare a candidacy two days after joining a sign of inactivity?  I think not

That's not what I was getting at. I know what newbies can do, I saw PS's enthusiasm and elevated him to the Assembly when I was governor and now he's running a mile a minute! You can tell an active newbies, they pop in the Forum, they pop in and comment on things in the Fantasy Forums and begin to become involved. I do hope that Luis does the same, but as I was saying you can see why some people may be concerned because we've heard nothing from him for nearly 3 weeks on the fantasy forums.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »

3 more votes in. Time for another update. Coming right up...

Looking like the final nails in the coffin for me, pending a massive rush of first prefs.

Things are very fluid now and will be until the polls close. All it takes a few votes here and there to push the top to the bottom and so on. None of us are through or out as the race is too tight.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 01:23:22 AM »

SPC's vote deletion seems to have done as intended, throwing the seat away from himself to DWTL.

A great shame actually.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 02:41:25 AM »

What's been discovered ?!?

Ah..two votes for Bacon on the Examiner thread...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »

Damn, so my little tactical-based-on-count-at-the-time game actually knocked Lief out. Sad
Sorry!

I'm expecting the next race to see 90% of people turn out in the last 5 minutes Smiley There is certainly a case for a secret ballot.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »

Damn, so my little tactical-based-on-count-at-the-time game actually knocked Lief out. Sad
Sorry!

I'm expecting the next race to see 90% of people turn out in the last 5 minutes Smiley There is certainly a case for a secret ballot.
Yeah - anybody who picks up too many votes early gets few votes later on. It's happened every time (though never twice in quite the same way).

Yeah - that's why I targeted voters in 'waves'. I suppose with a secret ballot, it becomes less exciting. Perhaps with an optional secret ballot, and only having one half of the picture it might be even more interesting Grin
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 06:52:13 PM »

100 votes! If there's a sudden burst of voting in the next three hours we may yet break the record. Tongue

Though if it was exactly 100 it would make working out percentages easier Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 11:18:57 AM »

Yey for being the least disciplined party Cheesy
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 11:40:49 AM »

Crikey...no first preferences yet Sad
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 06:35:48 PM »

You know elections are now probably the worst thing about this game. Every single time you get threads of stuff like this.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 02:06:12 PM »

It's giving me encouragment to push for my proportional constituencies system Cheesy If I get back in. If not some other lucky person will get it in their inbox!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 02:18:34 PM »

You're always so stiff and pompous about that sh**t, have some fun, damn.

It's hard to have fun in a climate where everybody hates or is suspicious of everybody.

That's up to people. It's one thing to not like someone and another to not like someone simply for being an opponent in an online game. The second is pretty ridiculous. But why shouldn't we be suspicious? This is a political sim, right? Or do you trust real life people and real life politicians?

Political sim, but also a game meant primarily for fun.

Exactly. Hence the need for competitive elections.

Joe's election game is the most genuinely competative game on here. That sort of thing is probably the future.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »

You're always so stiff and pompous about that sh**t, have some fun, damn.

It's hard to have fun in a climate where everybody hates or is suspicious of everybody.

That's up to people. It's one thing to not like someone and another to not like someone simply for being an opponent in an online game. The second is pretty ridiculous. But why shouldn't we be suspicious? This is a political sim, right? Or do you trust real life people and real life politicians?

Political sim, but also a game meant primarily for fun.

Exactly. Hence the need for competitive elections.

Joe's election game is the most genuinely competative game on here. That sort of thing is probably the future.

It's not the same sort of thing.

Of course, but games of that nature may attract people over this one.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »

I am not confident of getting through; I don't have the time unfortunately to start PMing voters who have note cast a ballot due to real life issues. Ah well; maybe the winners of these things are the people who want it more Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies