bush neighbor drawns gun on Danish journalist who wandered onto her property
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:55:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  bush neighbor drawns gun on Danish journalist who wandered onto her property
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: bush neighbor drawns gun on Danish journalist who wandered onto her property  (Read 1927 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:51:27 PM »

Ahhh Gotta love  Texas.....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/02/gun-incident-near-president-bushs-ranch/
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:05:36 AM »

The old lady was a bitch.   She was in the right, but she's still a bitch.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 06:42:42 AM »

An excellent lesson for Europeans - do not come to the benighted, violent, third world country known as america.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 07:08:27 AM »

An excellent lesson for Europeans - do not come to the benighted, violent, third world country known as america.

You know what, your arrogant comments are really really starting to get on my nerves.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:38:10 AM »

Grin How hard did they try?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »

Grin How hard did they try?

HAHAHAHA

Reporter 1 - "Hey, ask for her a comment."
Reporter 2 - "Screw you.  You ask her!  I'm out of here."
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »

Lol Texas
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 10:29:59 AM »

You know what, your arrogant comments are really really starting to get on my nerves.

You'll learn to ignore them.  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 10:31:20 AM »

He's lucky his nuts aren't on the ground.......I bet she's a good shot.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 11:34:30 AM »

What are you, some kind of nationalist?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »

Wow, what a b*tch.

No, not a "can I help you?"  or an "Excuse me, but you're on private property."

People like her make this country a crappy place to live sometimes.

I bet she was just waiting for an opportunity to get her gun out and make a scene.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 10:29:18 PM »

It's Texas in the middle of the country.  What do you expect?  If I know the people in that area of the world, they'll be happy when GWB is not President for this reason, if any.

At my parents' place in German land, Texas, they would do the exact same thing.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »

The difference a little latitude makes.

If you were to accidentally walk onto someone's property here, a little old lady would likely come out and ask if anything were wrong and offer you a bar and a cup of coffee.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 03:45:11 AM »

It's Texas in the middle of the country.  What do you expect?  If I know the people in that area of the world, they'll be happy when GWB is not President for this reason, if any.

At my parents' place in German land, Texas, they would do the exact same thing.

Why are they so consumed by fear and hatred?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 02:04:24 PM »

Considering that illegal immigrants, many of whom are felons in their native countries, cross through the Texas backcountry, this woman's (over)reaction to some intruder on comes as no great shock.

And lol at snowguy ... again.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »

The difference a little latitude makes.

If you were to accidentally walk onto someone's property here, a little old lady would likely come out and ask if anything were wrong and offer you a bar and a cup of coffee.

Bulls***.

If a person walked on my property I didn't know, I'd be defensive and asked them what they wanted or if I could help them out.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »

If a person walked on my property I didn't know, I'd be defensive and asked them what they wanted or if I could help them out.

Me too, with my 44 Bulldog Special strapped to my side.  Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 04:12:42 PM »

Considering that illegal immigrants, many of whom are felons in their native countries, cross through the Texas backcountry, this woman's (over)reaction to some intruder on comes as no great shock.

And lol at snowguy ... again.

That's one of the primary problems in German land, Texas, which is mostly farming land.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 04:25:12 PM »

I would think that the journalists are getting on Bush's neighbors' tits, yes.

I would also agree that this has nothing whatsoever to do with illegal immigration - she's Texan. She can smell a Mexican from ten miles downwind. She's not going to mistake a middle-class Dane for a Mexican - , and everything to do with seeing an opportunity to vent her anger at the frecking journos.
For which she has my sympathy.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »

Thats a racist lie, and anti-immigrant people can say it till they're blue in the face but it doesn't make it true.

Thats not what happened. She pulled a gun on the woman. Funny how you didn't say anything about a gun in your response. Maybe its b/c you're not as insane as this Texas woman was.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »

Thats a racist lie, and anti-immigrant people can say it till they're blue in the face but it doesn't make it true.

The ones who traipse across ranches and rural peoples' back yards, in the sparsely-settled parts of the state, are indeed criminals. And Brazos Co itself sees a proportion of them, because it lies well away from any interstate or national highway system.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 09:16:44 AM »

The ones who traipse across ranches and rural peoples' back yards, in the sparsely-settled parts of the state, are indeed criminals. And Brazos Co itself sees a proportion of them, because it lies well away from any interstate or national highway system.

Including the northern EUropean ones talking on cell phones with little regard to their surroundings.

Something tells me that if the woman couldn't tell the difference between what actually happened and a "criminal" illegal immigrant sneaking across the countryside, she shouldn't be allowed to own a gun in the first place.

Hell, next thing we know, this woman'll be pickin' off the neighbor kids for taking apples from her apple tree.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 09:37:26 AM »

If I owned property and a gun and a journo wandered onto my property... yeah... I think I'd wave a gun in said journo's face. Who wouldn't?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 09:38:03 AM »

Including the northern EUropean ones talking on cell phones with little regard to their surroundings.

Something tells me that if the woman couldn't tell the difference between what actually happened and a "criminal" illegal immigrant sneaking across the countryside, she shouldn't be allowed to own a gun in the first place.

Hell, next thing we know, this woman'll be pickin' off the neighbor kids for taking apples from her apple tree.

I mention the criminal element amidst the illegal immigration, if it can be described that way, because it is a significant problem in TX, especially along the farms and ranches along the Rio Grande, and away from the better-patrolled major highways. It is not fair, at all, to dismiss it as a 'race problem' involving the delusions of murderous old bigots.

I say all of this in general, and not about this specific woman, who, as lewis points out, was just acting out and making a statement.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 09:52:45 AM »

If I owned property and a gun and a journo wandered onto my property... yeah... I think I'd wave a gun in said journo's face. Who wouldn't?

You have to watch out for those danes man...they still have that Viking urge to pillage.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies