Does your 'significant other' vote same/differently to you?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:32:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does your 'significant other' vote same/differently to you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Does your 'significant other' vote same/differently to you?  (Read 3822 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »

In the 3 years I've known Chris, he voted Liberal Democrat in 2005 and SNP/Conservative from what I know in 2007 (Maybe Green in there somewhere IIRC - he was in the Glasgow region, if I had lived there I probably would have voted Green). I voted the same way as he did in 2007 but I voted Conservative in 2005.

We do talk politics, and he takes an interest in my ramblings Grin but we hold different economic viewpoints but share the same liberal social values. So we vote for the same crowd...sometimes Smiley
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 04:27:47 PM »

My parents usually vote the same way or whichever way my dad tells my mom to vote.  My mom doesn't really have an interest in politics. lol

My boyfriend is conservative, but he doesn't know much about politics and he voted Democratic the last time he voted (sometime last year) because he didn't know what the parties meant.

Don't worry, I'm forcing him to learn lol

And Andrew, I think you and Chris are doing wonderfully despite your views on economics. Smiley

Rin-chan
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:28:07 PM »

The guy I'm talking to right now he is voting for Obama.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »

My dog does not vote. 
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »

Yes, she generally does. On lower offices, she takes my advice most of the time. For the month before the TN primary, she was for Edwards and I was for Obama. When Edwards dropped out, she switched to Obama.  She's definitely more liberal than I am on economics.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 04:33:05 PM »

And Andrew, I think you and Chris are doing wonderfully despite your views on economics. Smiley

Thank you Smiley That's very sweet.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »

My boyfriend is conservative, but he doesn't know much about politics and he voted Democratic the last time he voted (sometime last year) because he didn't know what the parties meant.
So he's one of the people that some people think should be kept as far as possible from a ballot box? Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 04:47:50 PM »

My parents used to be more left-leaning, then they voted for Sarkozy in 2007 and my mom is disgusted each time she sees Bayrou or Royal on TV (with reason, mind you). I think my mother voted for McGuinty in October, or she followed my advice to vote Green.

My dad used to be a die-hard PQ supporter and leftist Breton nationalist. Still a bit Breton nationalist, but not left-leaning anymore.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 04:53:53 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2008, 04:55:58 PM by afleitch »

Yo, sweet boy, you've got your thread title all jacked up.  Don't equate my wife to your homosexual boyfriend.  My wife is revelling in being what God created her - a woman.  And you and your boyfriend are trying to undo how God created you.

'Significant other' is open ended, doofus. Stop trolling

Or better still post in a forum where someone actually gives a damn about what you think Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »

My parents used to be more left-leaning, then they voted for Sarkozy in 2007 and my mom is disgusted each time she sees Bayrou or Royal on TV (with reason, mind you). I think my mother voted for McGuinty in October, or she followed my advice to vote Green.

My dad used to be a die-hard PQ supporter and leftist Breton nationalist. Still a bit Breton nationalist, but not left-leaning anymore.

That's...interesting. How does dating your mother and father go?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 04:59:33 PM »

Sounds complicated.  Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

I was thinking Back to the Future for some reason
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »

I was thinking Back to the Future for some reason

"Whoa, that's heavy Doc."
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »

Yo, sweet boy, you've got your thread title all jacked up.  Don't equate my wife to your homosexual boyfriend.  My wife is revelling in being what God created her - a woman.  And you and your boyfriend are trying to undo how God created you.

That would make sense if I actually gave a sh**t about what you think and how you like to impose your beliefs on other people. But sadly....I dont....so your relevance in this situation is kaput. Smiley

anyways

My dad is a diehard McCain supporter, my mom voted Bush the last two times but is supporting Obama now. My ex supported Ron Paul but hes an idiot...so I dont really talk to him much anymore. Thats about it really...

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »

Or better still post in a forum where someone actually gives a damn about what you think Smiley

Have you not read that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female', and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

If you don't want me commenting on your homosexual activity, then don't drag it out in the open for all to see.  Otherwise, tell us again how you turn "male and female" into "male and male".

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 05:07:06 PM »

Otherwise, tell us again how you turn "male and female" into "male and male".

You can buy adapters at any hardware or electronic stores.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 05:07:29 PM »

Have you not read that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female', and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

If you don't want me commenting on your homosexual activity, then don't drag it out in the open for all to see.  Otherwise, tell us again how you turn "male and female" into "male and male".

Well I guess I would have read that stuff.....if I wasnt an atheist. Smiley

Kinda puts a damper on your reasoning doesnt it?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 05:08:59 PM »

Yo, sweet boy, you've got your thread title all jacked up.  Don't equate my wife to your homosexual boyfriend.  My wife is revelling in being what God created her - a woman.  And you and your boyfriend are trying to undo how God created you.

If you don't want me commenting on your homosexual activity, then don't drag it out in the open for all to see.  Otherwise, tell us again how you turn "male and female" into "male and male".

Go troll elsewhere. Thank you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 05:13:09 PM »

Why are people still posting about their parents' voting preferences?

This is a thread about how your "significant other" votes, as in boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, blow up doll (BRTD), etc.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »

Otherwise, tell us again how you turn "male and female" into "male and male".

You can buy adapters at any hardware or electronic stores.

LOL.  reminds me of my wife trying to hook up the Christmas lights, I always have to gently remind her that the male end start at the outlet

but I highly doubt they sell adapters that let electrical cords run either way.

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »

Sure they do.  Not for your typical power cord that plugs into the wall, but they do for computer cords, coaxial cable, microphones, shipboard ungrounded power crossovers, etc. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »

Sure they do.  Not for your typical power cord that plugs into the wall, but they do for computer cords, coaxial cable, microphones, shipboard ungrounded power crossovers, etc. 

but to put two male connectors together, you need a union with two female ends.  But, afleitch and his "friend" are not in some threesome banging the same chick, there isn't even a chick involved. 
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 05:35:33 PM »

I am proud to say that both me and myself vote exactly the same. Cheesy
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »

I am proud to say that both me and myself vote exactly the same. Cheesy

your registered your johnson to vote?!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 05:41:50 PM »

but to put two male connectors together, you need a union with two female ends.  But, afleitch and his "friend" are not in some threesome banging the same chick, there isn't even a chick involved. 

Your either 'getting down with the kids' or simply being denied dinner unless you install cable throughout the house Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies