"Absolutely nothing happened" last night?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:48:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  "Absolutely nothing happened" last night?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Absolutely nothing happened" last night?  (Read 3444 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 06:12:56 AM »

I seem to recall hearing on CNN that 25% of Clinton primary voters would vote McCain if she was not the Democratic nominee; while 10% of Obama primary voters would do the same.

They say that now, but would they really?

They just say that to be dramatic....how hypocritical of them to support the candidate that is probably one of the biggest opposers of President Bush and then all of a sudden turn around and vote for someone like McCain...instead of Obama just because they are bitter. I dont think they are that stupid...[hopefully].

I'd like to think that - but, right now, I'm not optimistic. As I said, there were two winners Tuesday. On the Republican side, John McCain and on the Democratic side, John McCain

Dave
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 06:19:47 AM »

Plenty happened on Tuesday/Wednesday. This thing will not be over till the convention.

Clinton may not be able to catch Obama up delegate wise, or lock it up, but if the polls show at the end primary season she is preferred by the electorate, she has a reason to stay.

There's a small possibility, unless she gets offered a Veep slot (I doubt that), that she "nukes" the convention via a floor fight.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 07:03:51 AM »

As an Obama supporter I truly felt miserable last night. The newspaper today said, "Clinton Comeback." However, at this point, I doubt momentum will change the race much; this fact is proven by last night. If momentum had been a factor, Obama should have at least won Texas. I think Obama will win the nomination because at this point the difference between him and Clinton will barely change, perhaps favor Obama.

Obama did have momentum up until a few days before the election. He came from 15% down and tied it. The problem is that he fumbled the ball on the goal line thanks to his media debunkle and people questioning his preparedness as President.

The media debunkle surrounding NAFTA can't have helped. As for his campaign, and it has been, broadly, successful, and that stands him in good stead with the people skills he'll need should he become president

Now, I'll argue until the cows come home that McCain is eight years too late, but part of me has nagging doubts as to whether Obama could be eight years too early

Still, given the cackhanded incompetence of the last 8 years, electing a pragmatic liberal would be a step in the right direction. Furthermore, I genuinely think Obama is the great hope for restoring America's image in the wider world, and that to a significant degree, is why I've 'endorsed' him

Bush has been so abysmal, IMO, that even if I'd identified with the Republican Party, a passionate Americophile like myself, wouldn't be any more. Talk about taking the G out of the GOP Roll Eyes. Where did you guys select him from? The botton-drawer

Dave
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 07:23:52 AM »

Obama's still gonna be the nominee, most likely. The only thing Hillary proved yesterday was that she's going to hang on, being a nuisance until the convention.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 07:30:18 AM »

Obama's still gonna be the nominee, most likely. The only thing Hillary proved yesterday was that she's going to hang on, being a nuisance until the convention.

If she loses PA, I really don't see any sense in Clinton prolonging it. She's already given huge assistance to McCain and it's time that was triggering a backlash. The thing is if she were to be the Democratic nominee, the fearmongering 3-am ad she ran against Obama could well be run by McCain against her. Now that would be JUSTICE of sorts

I'm all out of love with Clinton right now, which makes any 'endorsement' should she win doubtful

Dave
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 07:32:40 AM »

In my opinion, the most likely scenario is that it goes to the convention and Obama wins. The second most likely scenario is that it goes to the convention and Clinton wins.The third most likely is actually that Clinton forces him out before that. The 4th most likely is the reverse. The reason for the last 2 is that Obama may lose the expectations game and get into an epic battle for Pennsylvania and then be so clobbered there that it all turns against him. I think the only thing that could prevent Clinton from carrying on now would be an Obama upset in PA and I think that is unlikely.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies