Pelosi blames McCain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:28:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pelosi blames McCain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pelosi blames McCain  (Read 942 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 07, 2008, 10:34:50 AM »

I'm confused.  Is she suggesting we should have overspent on the contract just to give it to an American company?  If Boeing can't compete in a free market then they need to go out of buisness (or change their ways).  That's how the market works.  Giving the contract to EADS/NG saves ALL Americans money at the expense of a very small percentage of Americans (those employed by and the stock owners of Boeing).  This is why it's not always a bad thing when the Nike factory moves from Washington state to Vietnam, sure it sucks for the guys that used to make the Nike's, but everybody else gets cheaper Nike's.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »

Less than Bush's I think.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:53:28 PM »

It's fashionable to blame foreigners for troubles those days. I suspect a large part of Republicans feel the same as Pelosi on this issue.
Of course.  There are idiots in every political party.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 05:18:50 AM »

A dynamic of this we haven't covered yet is that European nations are (in a round-a-bout way) subsidizing USAF aircraft.  Thanks Europe!  You've got a long way to go before you pay us back for 50 years of M.A.D. (it's expensive ya know), but this is a good start.

(I'm joking about the last part.  We don't expect you to pay us back.  You guys would have done the same for us of course.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies