Pelosi blames McCain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:27:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pelosi blames McCain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pelosi blames McCain  (Read 949 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 07, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »

HAHAHA . . . this is too rich.  Ignoring the fact that the original contract was awarded illegally, with three people going to jail over it since Boeing and a military insider were rigging the competition, Pelosi says it's McCain's fault for outsourcing our military.  Unfortunately, that just goes to show how ignorant she is on the contract, since the tanker is going to be built/modified in the Mobile, Alabama not Europe.  Additionally, Northrop Grumman and EADS (the European partner who provides the A330 airframe) are already building similar tankers for Australia, UK, UAE, and Saudi Arabia.  Boeing's design is currently being produced and sold to India.

Can someone please explain to me how she became the House Leader???

"Pelosi points finger at McCain on Boeing"

The controversy over the Pentagon decision to award a $35bn refuelling tanker contract to EADS spilled into the presidential race yesterday, when a senior Democrat suggested that John McCain, the Republican nominee, was responsible for the deal being "outsourced" to a European company.

Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic House speaker, said Boeing had been on course to supply the US Air Force with tankers until Mr McCain "intervened".

"My understanding is that it was on course for Boeing before. I mean, the thought was that it would be a domestic supplier for it," Ms Pelosi told reporters.

"Senator McCain intervened, and now we have a situation where the contract may be - this work may be outsourced."

(Cont...)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »

I'm confused.  Is she suggesting we should have overspent on the contract just to give it to an another American company that had the original contract stripped from them because they broke the law

Minor revision for you.  With 53% of the work being done by US companies, and most of the work itself being done in the US (100% of the sensitive/classified work will be done by US companies), there isn't any grounds for complaints, especially since international firms perform US gov't contracts all the time.  BAE, for example, is a huge US gov't contractor, yet they are not a US firm.  Their work is performed here in the US through their US branch.  Plus, US firms do a lot of foreign gov't contracts as well (as I noted earlier).  Pelosi is just off her rocker.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies