Why so little comment on terrorist attack
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:13:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why so little comment on terrorist attack
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why so little comment on terrorist attack  (Read 629 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »

I have noticed how the recent terrorist attack in Jerusalem has received little attention.  I suspect the following article partially explains why.

Press 'ignore' terrorist stopped by armed student
'Mr. Dadon is not going to become a victim of this conspiracy of silence'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 07, 2008
9:33 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A gun rights organization in the United States is accusing the media of trying to conceal the fact that a gunman who attacked students at Jerusalem's Mercaz Harav seminary was stopped by an armed student at the school.

Authorities report that Ytizhak Dadon, 40, was a "private citizen who had a gun license and was able to shoot the gunman with his pistol," according to a statement released today by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

In its earlier reporting on the tragedy, WND confirmed, "One terrorist reportedly was shot to death by a student who was armed…"

However, the gun rights organization said "the American press is downplaying his heroism because it proves that armed students can stop campus gunmen."

"Yitzhak Dadon is a hero," said Alan Gottlieb, the chairman of CCRKBA, "and he is living proof that armed students have a place on college campuses. Thankfully, his quick action was reported by the international press … so unlike incidents here in the United States where the press was able to completely ignore the actions of armed students or teachers, the truth about this incident will not be suppressed."

He continued, "Mr. Dadon is not going to become a victim of this conspiracy of silence. Elitist American college administrators, the national press, nor anti-gun politicians can sweep this incident under their rug."

The gun rights group said international reports credit Dadon, who studies at the school, had his pistol available when the shooting erupted. "When the gunman emerged from a library, Dadon reportedly shot him twice in the head. The gunman was subsequently shot by the off-duty soldier," the group said.

"Yitzhak Dadon's apparently well-placed bullets interrupted a rampage," Gottlieb said. "What a pity that someone like Mr. Dadon was not in class last April at Virginia Tech. What a tragedy that anti-gun extremism would keep him from attending class at Northern Illinois University. He would never be allowed to teach at Columbine High School, hold a job at Trolley Square in Salt Lake City, or go shopping at Omaha's Westroads Mall.

"America's acquiescence to anti-gun hysteria has led to one tragedy after another," Gottlieb stated. "This disastrous policy has given us nothing but broken hearts and body counts, and it's got to end. The heroism of an armed Israeli seminary student halfway across the world sends a message that we needn't submit to murder in victim disarmament zones. That's why his actions are getting such short shrift from America's press. It's a story they are loathe to report because it affirms a philosophy of self-reliance that they despise."

The organization boasts more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, and is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States.

WND had reported just days earlier on plans in Arizona, where lawmakers are considering a way to stem the wave of unarmed students killed in campus slayings by allowing adults to carry firearms onto the grounds of state universities.

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

There are far more egregious sins in non-reporting than this, and WND is the type of outlet that would suppress them.

(the gov'ments comin tuh take yer babbies!)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 06:40:34 PM »

The fact that this is reported in World Net Daily leads me to doubt that it happened at all.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »

I had heard about the attack, but I hadn't heard it was stopped by a citizen with a gun.  Good for him and those he saved.  I understand why the left would fear this type of information.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 07:57:41 PM »

I had heard about the attack, but I hadn't heard it was stopped by a citizen with a gun.  Good for him and those he saved.  I understand why the left would fear this type of information.

So, you are arguing that our schools might be safer if we allowed students to bring guns? 

Hell, why don't we allow people to bring guns into the court room.  There's no danger in that, right?  After all, the 2nd amendment baby!  Your life is worth my 2nd amendment.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 09:54:03 PM »

Your strawman building skills are growing strong young padawan.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 10:05:13 PM »

Your strawman building skills are growing strong young padawan.

Well, I guess they are Mr. Imply and Deny.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 05:24:10 AM »

But the press has been even more adept at ignoring the terrorism for which this attack was a poor attempt at revenge - the Isreali genocide in Gaza.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 06:38:29 AM »

"Genocide" again?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
If they're doing that they really REALLY suck at it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 10:18:02 AM »

This was all over the news. It was the lead story on cnn.com. Are you people crazy? The press loves violence in Israel (and to a lesser extent the Middle East as a whole)! For contrast, this is the kind of thing the media ignore for no apparant reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Congo_War
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »

But the press has been even more adept at ignoring the terrorism for which this attack was a poor attempt at revenge - the Isreali genocide in Gaza.

good Lord...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »

So? It's Israel.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »