hillary clinton....for....governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:52:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  hillary clinton....for....governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: hillary clinton....for....governor?  (Read 3299 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2008, 06:23:34 PM »

assuming she doesnt win the presidency, any chance she will run for governor and clean up the mess in albany?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »

No. I'd rather see Patterson become the first blind Governor (that we know of).
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 06:41:45 PM »

Paterson will probably beat her in the primary by consolidating African Americans and voters desperate for change.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »

Paterson will probably beat her in the primary by consolidating African Americans and voters desperate for change.
How desperate? Are these voters willing to panhandle outside the polling stations?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 06:45:39 PM »

assuming she doesnt win the presidency, any chance she will run for governor and clean up the mess in albany?

There's some chance she might run for governor, though I doubt it. The odds of cleaning up any mess are slim.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 07:01:07 PM »

If any NY senator is going to be Governor, it will be Schumer. He's wanted it; he was even considering challenging Spitzer in 2006.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »

If any NY senator is going to be Governor, it will be Schumer. He's wanted it; he was even considering challenging Spitzer in 2006.
I hope he runs in 2010. Schumer would be an excellent Governor.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

Of course, we all know who really wants the job - Andrew "Evil Eyes" Cuomo. 

There's your next gov.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »

I hope he runs in 2010. Schumer would be an excellent Governor.

but i want him as DSCC chairman 4 life!!!!!!!
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 07:08:08 PM »

There's your next gov.
Schumer> Cuomo. Schumer's even more of a street fighter pol and he's a better fundraiser, too.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 07:14:37 PM »

There's your next gov.
Schumer> Cuomo. Schumer's even more of a street fighter pol and he's a better fundraiser, too.

Underestimate the Cuomo power at your own risk.  They get the bodies moved (literally) to the places where they need to be.  Most importantly, "Vote for Cuomo, not the Homo".

Besides, Albany has a way of eating up the good politicians and spewing them out for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The trash, however, thrives up there.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »

There's your next gov.

Underestimate the Cuomo power at your own risk.  They get the bodies moved (literally) to the places where they need to be.  Most importantly, "Vote for Cuomo, not the Homo".

Besides, Albany has a way of eating up the good politicians and spewing them out for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The trash, however, thrives up there.
Am I to infer that you think Schumer is too "homo" and "good" to beat Cuomo? Tongue

I agree that a machine pol like Cuomo will always have an edge in a primary. I do think that Schumer's the one Democrat who is strong enough to knock off Cuomo.

Patterson could beat Cuomo if the former can combine minority support with backing from the suburbs.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 07:28:55 PM »

There's your next gov.

Am I to infer that you think Schumer is too "homo" and "good" to beat Cuomo? Tongue

I agree that a machine pol like Cuomo will always have an edge in a primary. I do think that Schumer's the one Democrat who is strong enough to knock off Cuomo.

Patterson could beat Cuomo if the former can combine minority support with backing from the suburbs.

The suburbs aren't going to be voting for a black man from Harlem.  This is New York we're talking about, right?  Tongue
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 08:19:20 AM »

okay this may be a dumb question...but why is andrew cuomo hated by so many people?

(i really dont much about the man)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 02:11:59 PM »

Don't underestimate David Paterson.  He's going to be Governor until 2018 or until he gets a Senate seat.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 02:13:41 PM »

Don't underestimate David Paterson.  He's going to be Governor until 2018 or until he gets a Senate seat.

Are his sights really set on a Senate seat? I thought that might be the case, too, but who knows what he sees for himself in the future.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »

Are his sights really set on a Senate seat? I thought that might be the case, too, but who knows what he sees for himself in the future.

He was seen as the most likely candidate to be appointed to the seat if Clinton became President.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 02:34:36 PM »

He was seen as the most likely candidate to be appointed to the seat if Clinton became President.

I guess New York would embrace his vision for this country.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

he certainly is a visionary, phil.

but who knows what office he has his eyes on.  senator or governor? 

i know one thing.  clinton cant run against another black man.  the media would have a fit.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 04:03:09 PM »

i know one thing.  clinton cant run against another black man.  the media would have a fit.

All this 'joking' I suppose about Paterson's sight is so off.  The man has accomplished so much to become Lieutenant Governor of New York; he has had to effectively overcome to long-
established and ingrained prejudices and I think mocking him like this is just a bit much.  Paterson for Governor!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 06:12:35 PM »

All this 'joking' I suppose about Paterson's sight is so off.  The man has accomplished so much to become Lieutenant Governor of New York; he has had to effectively overcome to long-
established and ingrained prejudices and I think mocking him like this is just a bit much.  Paterson for Governor!

I'm just joking. Good for him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies