Mississippi results thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:57:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Mississippi results thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: Mississippi results thread  (Read 18177 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2008, 09:31:36 AM »

Woah, this makes no sense for Noxubee:

John McCain 44.04%
 Fred Thompson 11.44%
 Tom Tancredo 9.73%
 Mitt Romney 9.00%
 Ron Paul 8.27%
 Mike Huckabee 5.84%
 Alan Keyes 5.60%
 Duncan Hunter 3.89%
 Rudolph W. Giuliani 2.19%

Is this Tancredo's highest county %?  How about Keyes?  Hell, Hunter's?
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2008, 09:41:40 AM »

Woah, this makes no sense for Noxubee:

John McCain 44.04%
 Fred Thompson 11.44%
 Tom Tancredo 9.73%
 Mitt Romney 9.00%
 Ron Paul 8.27%
 Mike Huckabee 5.84%
 Alan Keyes 5.60%
 Duncan Hunter 3.89%
 Rudolph W. Giuliani 2.19%

I believe Alcon called them up to find out what was going on, and apparently it's not a typo.  They have no clue, either.  Final results from Noxubee haven't been certified yet, though I'd like to see them when they are.
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2008, 12:59:09 PM »

Hunter got negligibly more in Imperial County.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2008, 03:23:36 PM »

Can someone explain to me why black turnout seems to have been so low, only making 50% of the electorate and only 2% more than the white vote - was it the presence of crossover Republicans that reduced it?  Black turnout was higher in South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi - states with lower black populations - can someone explain? 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2008, 04:06:21 PM »

Can someone explain to me why black turnout seems to have been so low, only making 50% of the electorate and only 2% more than the white vote - was it the presence of crossover Republicans that reduced it?  Black turnout was higher in South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi - states with lower black populations - can someone explain? 

Black turnout was lower, per se (with the exception of Jackson, I think).  But higher white crossover was the main reason behind the numbers.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »

Black turnout was lower, per se (with the exception of Jackson, I think).  But higher white crossover was the main reason behind the numbers.

IIRC the weather in Mississippi wasn't the greatest.  Could that have had an impact??  Mississippi as a whole is quite poor, especially blacks in Mississippi.  Many people likely don't have access to cars. 

Jackson may have had higher turnout with it being a city where the population is more concentrated and likely having precincts within decent walking distance.  The rural areas likely had areas where the precincts were more spread out making it more difficult to get there by walking especially on a rainy day.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2008, 04:48:25 PM »

By my back of the envelop calculations (it could be off by a few votes), Obama carried the 4th CD portion of Marion by 624 votes, or larger than his margin in the county of 460 votes (Clinton carried the 3rd CD portion of the county), so Obama has a win of the 4th CD.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #307 on: March 19, 2008, 08:09:57 PM »

By my back of the envelop calculations (it could be off by a few votes), Obama carried the 4th CD portion of Marion by 624 votes, or larger than his margin in the county of 460 votes (Clinton carried the 3rd CD portion of the county), so Obama has a win of the 4th CD.

Yup.  Marion was apparently split up the exact opposite way than what Clinton needed.  With Marion reporting, all that's needed now is Jones county (plus a breakdown in Morris precinct in Marion county, which is apparently split over 2 CDs [Obama won the precinct 277-166]).

Clinton is down 1848 votes in CD 4 at the moment.  She has a 914 vote lead in Jones county (which is split with CD 3) and a 111 vote deficit in Morris precinct.  So, barring some feat of gerrymandering of Jones county, Obama's got CD 4.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies