Mississippi results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Mississippi results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi results thread  (Read 18247 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: March 12, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »

Those counties in Northeastern Mississippi and a few in southern Mississippi look absolutely beautiful. About as beautiful as rural Tennessee, Missouri and all of Arkansas. The West Virginia Map will look beautiful also.

Are you a negro, James?

Uh, no, not really. 1/16th.

I am white, and proudly an Obama opponent. I was referring to how beautiful the red Democratic primary counties are. They are the enlightened counties.

Ahh thats right, nothing is more beautiful than racisim.....
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »

Can someone explain to me why black turnout seems to have been so low, only making 50% of the electorate and only 2% more than the white vote - was it the presence of crossover Republicans that reduced it?  Black turnout was higher in South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi - states with lower black populations - can someone explain? 

Black turnout was lower, per se (with the exception of Jackson, I think).  But higher white crossover was the main reason behind the numbers.

IIRC the weather in Mississippi wasn't the greatest.  Could that have had an impact??  Mississippi as a whole is quite poor, especially blacks in Mississippi.  Many people likely don't have access to cars. 

Jackson may have had higher turnout with it being a city where the population is more concentrated and likely having precincts within decent walking distance.  The rural areas likely had areas where the precincts were more spread out making it more difficult to get there by walking especially on a rainy day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies