What do think is your candidate's biggest weakness? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:21:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  What do think is your candidate's biggest weakness? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do think is your candidate's biggest weakness?  (Read 10794 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: April 19, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »

Age, sometimes inarticulate, and sometimes not as knowledgeable on issues that he doesn't care much about as he should be. But McCain is doing better and better as time goes by. He's done a great job in keeping his temper in check.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 07:10:29 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2008, 10:35:02 AM by Torie »

Age, sometimes inarticulate, and sometimes not as knowledgeable on issues that he doesn't care much about as he should be. But McCain is doing better and better as time goes by. He's done a great job in keeping his temper in check.

I agree.  Though I have never been particularly concerned about a candidate's temper.  Sometimes, you have to kick a little ass to get things done.  Of course, it's better when you can kick ass with a smile...a la Lyndon Johnson or Ronald Reagan...but a boot in the rear is probably more than appropriate in the White House at times.  I just can't help but like McCain.

His age is a weakness, but it really shouldn't be.  I think an older candidate usually has a lot to offer.  His health is probably more of a concern.  Two or three bouts with cancer in the past would have me watching that VP nomination very closely.

Much as I disagree with McCain on the war and as committed as I am to voting Democratic in the fall, I do have a real sense that -- for once -- whoever wins will be a major improvement over the status quo.

This rather partisan, but not uber partisan, and rather conservative, but not uber conservative (well in many ways not conservative at all, but few here would believe that), chap, thinks our current Prez has been a rather horrific disappointment, and it pains me to say that, but I call them as I see them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies