RISK Domination VI: Finished!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:12:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK Domination VI: Finished!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Author Topic: RISK Domination VI: Finished!  (Read 72710 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »

That's quite a risk you're taking there, Josh.  You're basically hoping and praying that The Mikado doesn't turn his legions against you right when you're most vulnerable.  Tongue
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »

End turn, I hate going first.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 08:11:36 PM »

That's quite a risk you're taking there, Josh.  You're basically hoping and praying that The Mikado doesn't turn his legions against you right when you're most vulnerable.  Tongue

Eh, it's smarter than it looks.  His force on Maryland is a nice way of saying to me, "If I go down I'm taking you with me."
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »

Eh... Point of order as it were... I'm unsure of the rules of the house here... Could I say.... Attack maine, move half or whatever of Mass's troops, then attack elsewhere from Mass wth the soldiers that remain there, I ask this in the open because everyone knows what I'm gunna do, I'm just unsure what kind of rules were having.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »

Eh... Point of order as it were... I'm unsure of the rules of the house here... Could I say.... Attack maine, move half or whatever of Mass's troops, then attack elsewhere from Mass wth the soldiers that remain there, I ask this in the open because everyone knows what I'm gunna do, I'm just unsure what kind of rules were having.

Yeah, if I understand your question correctly. You can attack with one part of your force in one direction and then use the other part freely afterwards.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 12:25:34 PM »

New map:

General TN2024, it is your turn.  You have 3 reinforcements.

+ [8 states ÷ 3 = 3 reinforcements]
+ [No regions controlled]
= 3 reinforcements
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 12:29:06 PM »

Yeah, if I understand your question correctly. You can attack with one part of your force in one direction and then use the other part freely afterwards.

Correct.  You don't have to send an entire army in to invade, but if you want to use 3 attacking dice each time, you'd have to leave a minimum of 3 battalions in your newly conquered state.  If you'd rather risk using only 2 dice to attack, then you can leave a minimum of 2 battalions there.  Same principle if you use just 1 die.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »

Sorry I posted orders a second ago, I need another minute to think.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »

Ok then... Trying to fidget with this stuff, Put all 3 in Mass, Attack from Vermont, do or die to NH, if victorious put only 2 battalions into NH, if this is impossible due to casualties I'll go to plan B.

Sorry If I'm tedious this first round, I usually do or die hammer across the map but I've got to be specific here.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 03:21:57 PM »

Attack from Vermont, do or die to NH, if victorious put only 2 battalions into NH

"Do or die" implies that you wish to send in all of your battalions, which means you'll be using three dice to attack with.  This means that you'll need to leave at least three battalions in NH.  If you would really prefer to keep only two there, then I'd suggest you only attack with two dice.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 03:24:26 PM »

Attack from Vermont, do or die to NH, if victorious put only 2 battalions into NH

"Do or die" implies that you wish to send in all of your battalions, which means you'll be using three dice to attack with.  This means that you'll need to leave at least three battalions in NH.  If you would really prefer to keep only two there, then I'd suggest you only attack with two dice.

Do so then, I've always played with the understanding you could clobber the enemy with three dice, then place however many battalions you like into that area anyway, but if I can only attack with 2 then that is fine.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 03:39:45 PM »

I've always played with the understanding you could clobber the enemy with three dice, then place however many battalions you like into that area anyway, but if I can only attack with 2 then that is fine.

If you were to attack New Hampshire from Massachusetts with 3 battalions and won on the first battle  you would be free to move as few as 3 or as many as 13 battalions there.  The restrictions are you must move in at least as many battalions as you used to attack with and you must leave at least 1 battalion home.  The other battalions, if any, are free to stay or go as you please.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 04:15:48 PM »

I suspect both Joe and TN are now waiting for each other to post an update. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »

I suspect both Joe and TN are now waiting for each other to post an update. Tongue

I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, as I usually do if I get the impression that a player hasn't fully understood the rules.  Smiley

Ah well, let's get on with it...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »

Ok then... Trying to fidget with this stuff, Put all 3 in Mass, Attack from Vermont, do or die to NH, if victorious put only 2 battalions into NH, if this is impossible due to casualties I'll go to plan B.

Reinforcements

All 3 battalions have been deployed in Massachusetts, where there are now 17 in total.

Attacks

Vermont invades New Hampshire (The Mikado) with 4 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

TN2024 [4] rolls 2 dice: 3 2
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 6
TN2024 loses 1 battalion

TN2024 [3] rolls 2 dice: 6 6
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 4
The Mikado loses 1 battalion

TN2024 conquers New Hampshire and places 2 battalions there, leaving 2 behind in Vermont.

----------

Awaiting further instructions
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »

Attack from NH to ME, if successful then attack from Mass. to RI, Conn, to NY all do or die leaving one behind and moving the Max forward, then move the extra battalion in Vt to NY as well. If the NH attack on VT is defeated, then do the same 2 dice roll into ME from Mass, leaving the minimum in ME, then attack westwards into RI and CT and NY as described above, including the free move.

Wow, I buggered that one up, all this nonsense for one extra man (and possibly the loss of more) should have gone with my original plan.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »

Har, har, I may be able to do my orders before bedtime. Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2008, 11:36:27 AM »

Attack from NH to ME, if successful then attack from Mass. to RI, Conn, to NY all do or die leaving one behind and moving the Max forward, then move the extra battalion in Vt to NY as well. If the NH attack on VT is defeated, then do the same 2 dice roll into ME from Mass, leaving the minimum in ME, then attack westwards into RI and CT and NY as described above, including the free move.

Additional Attacks

New Hampshire invades Maine (Meekermariner) with 1 battalion available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

TN2024 [1] rolls 1 die: 4
Meekermariner [1] rolls 1 die: 4
TN2024 loses 1 battalion

TN2024 has been defeated, and Meekermariner retains control of Maine with 1 battalion remaining.

----------

Massachusetts invades Maine (Meekermariner) with 16 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

TN2024 [16] rolls 2 dice: 6 4
Meekermariner [1] rolls 1 die: 2
Meekermariner loses 1 battalion

TN2024 conquers Maine and places 2 battalions there, leaving 15 behind in Massachusetts.

----------

Massachusetts invades Rhode Island (Verily) with 14 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

TN2024 [14] rolls 3 dice: 4 2 2
Verily [1] rolls 1 die: 6
TN2024 loses 1 battalion

TN2024 [13] rolls 3 dice: 5 4 4
Verily [1] rolls 1 die: 5
TN2024 loses 1 battalion

TN2024 [12] rolls 3 dice: 4 3 2
Verily [1] rolls 1 die: 4
TN2024 loses 1 battalion

TN2024 [11] rolls 3 dice: 6 4 1
Verily [1] rolls 1 die: 5
Verily loses 1 battalion

TN2024 conquers Rhode Island and places 11 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Massachusetts.

----------

Rhode Island invades Connecticut (Josh22) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

TN2024 [10] rolls 3 dice: 5 4 4
Josh22 [1] rolls 1 die: 3
Josh22 loses 1 battalion

TN2024 conquers Connecticut and places 10 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Rhode Island.

----------

* General TN2024 has taken control of the New England region *

----------

Connecticut invades New York (Meekermariner) with 9 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

TN2024 [9] rolls 3 dice: 4 3 2
Meekermariner [1] rolls 1 die: 3

TN2024 conquers New York and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Connecticut.

Tactical Move

A total of 1 battalion has been redeployed from Vermont to New York.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2008, 11:38:51 AM »

New map:

General Gustaf, it is your turn.  You have 3 reinforcements.

+ [7 states ÷ 3 = Minimum 3 reinforcements]
= 3 reinforcements
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »

I'd like all of them in Hawaii. Then, in a surprise move, attack California, do or die. Place minimum number in California. Then go, as long as I have at least 3 attacking armies, Hawaii-Alaska-Washington-Oregon. In the final part of that attack I'd like to leave in Washington a 3rd of the (Washington force+what I have in Calfornia) and tactical move from Oregon to California so as to leave an equal number in all 3 states. If exact equality is impossible I'd like the smallest number in Washington and the largest in California. If this is unclear, just ask. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »

I'd like all of them in Hawaii. Then, in a surprise move, attack California, do or die. Place minimum number in California. Then go, as long as I have at least 3 attacking armies, Hawaii-Alaska-Washington-Oregon. In the final part of that attack I'd like to leave in Washington a 3rd of the (Washington force+what I have in Calfornia) and tactical move from Oregon to California so as to leave an equal number in all 3 states. If exact equality is impossible I'd like the smallest number in Washington and the largest in California. If this is unclear, just ask. Smiley

Are you people trying to give me a brain hemorrhage?  Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2008, 03:35:26 PM »

Reinforcements

All 3 battalions have been deployed in Hawaii, where there are now 21 in total.

Attacks

Hawaii invades California (Meekermariner) with 20 battalions available to attack, while 5 battalions will defend.

Gustaf [20] rolls 3 dice: 6 4 2
Meekermariner [5] rolls 2 dice: 5 3
Meekermariner loses 2 battalions

Gustaf [20] rolls 3 dice: 6 4 1
Meekermariner [3] rolls 2 dice: 4 1
Meekermariner loses 2 battalions

Gustaf [20] rolls 3 dice: 3 3 2
Gustaf loses 1 battalion

Gustaf [19] rolls 3 dice: 5 2 1

Gustaf conquers California and places 3 battalions there, leaving 17 behind in Hawaii.

----------

Hawaii invades Alaska (TN2024) with 16 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Gustaf [16] rolls 3 dice: 5 5 2
TN2024 [1] rolls 1 die: 1
TN2024 loses 1 battalion

Gustaf conquers Alaska and places 16 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Hawaii.

----------

Alaska invades Washington (Meekermariner) with 15 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Gustaf [15] rolls 3 dice: 5 2 1
Meekermariner [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Gustaf loses 1 battalion

Gustaf [14] rolls 3 dice: 6 3 1
Meekermariner [1] rolls 1 die: 1

Gustaf conquers Washington and places 14 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Alaska.

----------

Washington invades Oregon (The Mikado) with 13 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend.

Gustaf [13] rolls 3 dice: 5 3 1
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 5
Gustaf loses 1 battalion

Gustaf [12] rolls 3 dice: 4 2 1
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 5
Gustaf loses 1 battalion

Gustaf [11] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 5
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 2
The Mikado loses 1 battalion

Gustaf conquers Oregon and places 7 battalions there, leaving 5 behind in Washington.

----------

* General Gustaf has taken control of the Pacific region *

Tactical Move

A total of 2 battalions have been redeployed from Oregon to California.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2008, 03:47:48 PM »

Haha, thanks Joe. As soon as you've let me win you have your haemhorrage. Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »

New map:

General Meekermariner, it is your turn.  You have 3 reinforcements.

+ [3 states ÷ 3 = Minimum 3 reinforcements]
= 3 reinforcements
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »

Meeker's in a tough spot.  The way the map is, Gustav is almost certainly going to want to attack Nevada next round, so trying to get and hold the Southwest is unlikely to succeed unless he can make an arrangement with Gustaf.  With no prospect of taking and holding a region, making a single attack to gain a RISK card or blitzing west to deny Gustaf the Pacific bonus looks like the best short term strategies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies