How is your health?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:08:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How is your health?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How is your health?  (Read 3518 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »

The last post I made really got me to thinking.  I'd kind of like to start a thread, and hopefully this can keep going and maybe even be stickied, that posters can post what they want to about their health and what they are doing about it.  There is no minimum or maximum or any criteria really, just post away on your health.  Like the "last movie" or "lunch" threads, this can and will constantly change.  This will also be a good place to give each other encouragement and support and even some friendly advice would be nice.  (Always consult your doctor for "real" advice).

I'll start.  Most of you already know my health situation.  I'm what you would call very obese.  I'm 5'8 and weigh 250 lbs.  That's about 80 pounds overweight give or take.  I do have high blood pressure as a result.  I've been eating a bunch of fast food over the past 3 weeks since I've been in Texas and no healthy stuff.  I don't work out as much as I need to.  However, I do plan on changing that over the last half of March going into April.  My goal is to lose at least 15 pounds by my 26th birthday (April 29).  That would be a nice start and then be able to continue losing weight and be down to nearly 200 by Christmas, 9 months away.  This job should be able to help me out.  Right now, I'm going through a car salesman class this week in Irving that requires me to be on my butt 8 hours a day.  My actual job, selling cars, will require me to do a lot more walking which will be good.  I won't have a whole lot of time to sit down except when I'm with a customer.  If I can keep from going to the McDonalds, Wendy's or Whataburger that's all within a 5 minute drive, and take my lunch with MRE's, then I should be able to lose the weight that I want.
King of the Bench
KingoftheBenchPress
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »

I feel for you. I'm 5'9 and weight 315. Difference is - I need my weight for what I do.  Best of luck to you in losing the excess.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:53:13 PM »

I'm 5'10 and 190.  And 14.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:07:36 PM »

5'5", 105.

I think I'm fairly normal for my age.

I've been feeling under the weather lately. It caused me to miss baseball practice yesterday and the day before, but it's cleared up now. I'm not sure what it was; I had fever-like symptoms, but no temperature.
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »

5'11'', around 170 (169 last time I weighed myself).  I consider myself fairley healthy.  I lift after school usually 4 times a week, sometimes 3.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »

My health is frequently dreadful, but for reasons unrelated to anything mentioned in this thread so far.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »

5'11'', around 170 (169 last time I weighed myself).  I consider myself fairley healthy.  I lift after school usually 4 times a week, sometimes 3.

You guys are huge. I'm average-to-tall at my school (though Asians tend to be smaller than whites).
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 09:16:02 PM »

I'm 19, 6'3 and 116. People tend to think I'm on drugs, ha ha.(Oh, how I wish.) I just got sick last week for the first time in like two years, so I guess I'm doing something right. I did have Asthma as a child but I believe I outgrew it. Have a slight heart condition but as long as I don't get punched or hit hard its not a real issue.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »

I have a wonderful immune system and a freakish propensity towards healthy eating (I don't like chocolate but love just about every fruit and vegetable in existence).  Despite my utter lack of exercise (seriously, folks.  my workout routine consists of the three flights of stairs in my school.), my BMI is right in the middle, though I suspect I am approximately 50% body fat Wink
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 09:47:58 PM »

My health sucks, but I weigh about 5-7 pounds less than when I graduated from high school.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 10:33:32 PM »

6'5", 208... I don't know if that's good.  I think I'm fine.

As for actual health (not just weight), I don't know about that.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 11:43:04 PM »

I have no long term issues to worry about except a family propensity towards heart disease that I've decided to tackle with an elimination of trans fat, fast food, and soda from my diet and regular exercise. Except for two weeks where I've been sick I've done at least 200 minutes of cardio a week (most running or walking fast with some other stuff mixed in) and started weight training in February mostly with an eye towards adding shoulder, chest, and arm muscle. I look and feel better than I ever have and I'm excited to continue. Since Fall 2006 I've dropped from 190 to 160 through simply reducing my caloric intake; I've maintained at about 160 since October and at 6'1" I have some muscle to pack on before I'm at my ideal weight. I'm itching to get out and kayak or bike just so I'll have some variation on exercise than just running the treadmill or lifting weights. I don't drink alcohol to excess, don't use drugs or smoke, don't salt my food, etc. I'm confident in my health.

Mentally, I've discovered this year that I get seasonal depression in the winter months, but the sunshine is returning and the exercise is helping a lot.

BushOklahoma: You need to take a half an hour everyday that you post here, look up a grocery store on the internet, and buy some fruits and vegetables. Ideally right now, but certainly no later than tomorrow. Something as simple as an apple and banana for breakfast and veggie stir fry over brown rice for dinner will allow you to start dropping weight. One of your fast food meals probably gives you your daily caloric intake; anything else is stored as fat as you're not burning it off with exercise. Not to mention the trans fat that's pouring into your arteries and the high fructose corn syrup that's effing up your blood sugar. Unless you want to quite simply die 20-30 years before you should, you'll stop eating fast food.

And my prayers to anyone without good health. I hope your's returns soon.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 12:21:01 AM »

6'2 210-220
A mild chronic cough and a mole that my wife thinks I should get looked at.  I should exercise...at least walk the dog or something.  Other than that, I'm pretty good.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 12:25:52 AM »

5'11. Quite scrawny. I'm fast though and I also have a really good immune system, I hardly ever get sick.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 12:50:17 AM »

I'm 5'8" and 190 lbs. I've been told that I'm built like a refrigerator. I could definately lose a bit around the middle, but my diet sucks, so I've nobody to blame but myself. I'm generally in good health though I'd almost certainly have more energy if I ate better.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 03:14:23 AM »

Me too, though its been worse than mild.. all winter.  But now its more of a food thing - I only cough if I eat or drink something that irritates my throat, but when I do its really bad, and can on rare occasions lead to gagging.  It is very annoying, and I think might be related to acid reflux or something along those lines.  My dad suffered from that for years.  Anyway all sorts of bad coughs are common in Thailand - even whooping cough.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 03:40:58 AM »

Besides being diabetic im fine, okay weight/height, nothing seriously wrong. Though im kinda flu-ish currently Sad
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 07:42:42 AM »

5'-9", 194lbs

Lost 5lbs so far this year at the gym.  Blood pressure is still low (always been lucky that way), though the stress level keeps going up.  Took Monday off due to a small fever and lack of sleep since I had the chills all night beforehand.  Beyond that, I'm in pretty good shape... just need an extra 10 hours a day so I can get enough sleep.  Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 07:54:11 AM »

I'm 6' and about 170 - my cholesterol is scarily low (given my father dropping dead at 46 from a heart attack - I've been VERY careful)

I was quite a bit heavier a few years back, but I feel very healthy.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 08:02:10 AM »

My health. Ohez Noez!

Eh, it could be better. I'm 6' and about 285. About a year and a half ago I was 245 and mostly muscle. But after the accident I couldn't jog or lift, so I kinda just gained weight. But now I'm able to get back to really working out, and I'm down about 7lbs from last week. Hoping to get back down to 250-240 range and stay there.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 08:06:46 AM »

im 6'2" or so  155 pounds.

my health is decent considering my diet isnt that great.  and i probably drink way more liquor than the 'healthy' person should.

i walk.  a lot.  i mean, a lot.  instead of taking the bus or subway into the city, i usually walk.  poors like me have to watch every dime.

i do have some stomach problems which can be quite horrible at times.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »

6'3" and 225 lbs.

It's not fair because my brother is 6'4" and 190 lbs and my sister is 5'4" and 120 lbs.. Oh well, so I got the crap genes.

I'm built like a cement block and I have very strong legs.

I suffer from occasional back pain due to poor posture, but I have a really good immune system and get sick relatively infrequently.  I don't even really get poison ivy (I mean, I can roll around in the stuff and end up with a little bump or two)... which is good considering how much time I spend in the woods, pretty much rolling around in the crap for all intents and purposes.

Otherwise, I'd like to lose some weight, but it's pretty hard to do.. I'm twice as active during the summer and yet my weight doesn't budge.  Oh well.

But anyway, my family comes from strong Scandinavian and Scottish/Irish stock which explains the tallness.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2008, 08:45:35 AM by Kreizouriezh »

1.80 metres, 60 kg.

My health is fine.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:58 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2008, 08:44:53 AM by Enrico Pallazzo »

Fine?  I doubt that very much if you're nearly 600 feet tall, and yet still weigh 130 pounds.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »

Fine?  I doubt that very much if you're nearly 600 feet tall, and yet still weigh 130 pounds.

Whoops, meant 1.8
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies