Obamas Pastor; America is to blame for 9/11. radicals in my party agree (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:35:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obamas Pastor; America is to blame for 9/11. radicals in my party agree (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obamas Pastor; America is to blame for 9/11. radicals in my party agree  (Read 2449 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

« on: March 13, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »

Obama has a problem.  This will hurt bad with the Reagan Democrats he will need in the fall.  Will cut into his support among independents as well.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »

He won't because I suspect he buys into some of what this racist believes.  Obama just needs to keep the mask on for 8 more months.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2008, 06:39:46 PM by agcatter »

I won't waste my time arguing whether there is anything true in what Rev Racist says.  Only that it will hurt Obama among the type of working class white Democrats that he'll need to win in November.  This sh**t isn't going to fly and you're kidding yourself if you think working class white Democrats and a significant number of independents aren't going to be turned off by this stuff.

Just saying "it wasn't me who said it" works fine for the Obama koolaid drinkers.  They aren't the swing voters in this election.  Also, I'd be very surprised if more and more of this guy's sermons don't start seeing the light of day.  It isn't going away.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 06:25:32 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2008, 06:40:24 PM by agcatter »

Some of you need to get a clue.  The reason Obama has done as well as he has with white voters is because he has appeared to transcend race.  To the extent that his pastor continues to spew this kind of stuff undermines that appeal.  It's the Jesse Jacksonization of Obama only this minister is saying stuff that makes Jackson look like a moderate.

For those of you who argue that his pastor is somehow just telling it like it is, you're full of it if you think you're going to sell that to mainstream America.  You may buy into it, but you are in the extreme minority.

For those of you who argue that it's just his pastor and is not speaking for Obama that may be true.  However, that ultimately won't wash either because it begs the question as to why has Obama chosen this guy as his pastor.  I wouldn't dismiss that question as something mainstream white Americans aren't going to consider before they go into that voting booth - you know, the white Americans that Obama needs to win the GE.

Obama had better deal with this.  Right now he seems to be content to just ignore it.  As more and more comes out about this guy and his pastor's 9-11 views, white American oppression crap gets more play in the mainstream press, the people who he actually needs to win the election aren't going to like it one bit.  He'd better put some distance between himself and this poison.

The tilt of this board is decidedly to the left and sometimes I think the echo chamber around here makes some of you believe this country is as left as you'd like to believe.  It's centrist and what that pastor is selling is anything but centrist.

Think about it.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 07:48:15 PM »

The Reverand Wright's taped sermons aren't gonna help.

They're just now starting to come out and they are scary as hell to working class whites.  These are Reagan Democrats and they're not gonna like what the good Rev is selling.

More to the point, they  are gonna want to know just why Senator Obama has chosen to listen for the last 20 years to this man's Sunday hate sermons.

But hey, some of the Obama supporters seem to be saying, move along,  nothing to see here.

Wanna bet?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »

It is to liberal Democrats.  They aren't the ones you need to worry about.  independents, working class Democrats, I would venture it's not such a yawner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies