Mccain in Maine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:51:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Mccain in Maine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mccain in Maine  (Read 1687 times)
Kevinstat

« on: June 15, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »

Three towns and one township (with a 2000 census populaton of 41 IIRC but no registered voters attributed to that township, so they probably vote in the town to the south that is and has been since 1994 at least in all the same districts) moved from CD-2 to CD-1 also.  One city and 6 towns moved from CD-1 to CD-2.

A post of mine on an old Maine thread:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm sure Second district (in either it's old or it's current form) was closer than either form of the first district in the 2006 Gubernatorial election, although I haven't calculated the percentages.

It should be noted that Maine's second district (in its slightly less Democratic form at the time) might have been called earlier than it was in 2000 if attention hadn't become dominated by Florida.  Some of the networks that called 3 of Maine's 4 electors for Gore may have forgotten that they hadn't called the forth elector.  Gore's 1.87% final margin there was larger than Bush's 1.27% final margin in New Hampshire, which was called at 10:05 p.m. according to Dave's Election 2000 Night Timeline.  New Hampshire's polls did close an hour before Maine's though, and New Hampshire has fewer municipalities than Maine and probably Maine's second district.  But I still think the networks that didn't call Maine's second district with the rest of the state kind of forgot about it after that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies