Any advice?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:10:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Any advice?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Any advice?  (Read 1850 times)
LoveItorLeaveIt
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »

Hi all!

I am new here and trying to find my way around.  I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for posting protocol and such.  (I already got flamed for multiple exclamation points --  what a doofus I am!) 

I am glad to see there are not just liberals and leftists here.  Some boards I have gone to before are just dominated by the democrat posters.  Looks like a good mix of views here so thanks for making a great bulletin board!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:32:49 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2008, 03:36:59 PM by Bob Loblaw »

Welcome to the forum. Please try and ignore some of the elitist sentiment that seems to have developed around here towards new members.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:34:37 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Please and try and ignore some of the elitist sentiment that seems to have developed around here towards new members.
True enough, I guess.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 03:38:05 PM »

Hi all!

I am new here and trying to find my way around.  I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for posting protocol and such.  (I already got flamed for multiple exclamation points --  what a doofus I am!) 

I am glad to see there are not just liberals and leftists here.  Some boards I have gone to before are just dominated by the democrat posters.  Looks like a good mix of views here so thanks for making a great bulletin board!

Welcome to the forum; it's good to see that Republicans are joining the forum Smiley And you're a Virginian, which makes you even better!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »

Having reviewed your first dozen posts, my advice is this:  tone down your rhetoric, and ensure that your assertions are grounded in fact.  While you are of course welcome here, inflammatory posts are not.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 03:43:21 PM »

Having reviewed your first dozen posts, my advice is this:  tone down your rhetoric, and ensure that your assertions are grounded in fact.  While you are of course welcome here, inflammatory posts are not.

I completely agree with Joe.  Your posts seem like they're taken out of a Jim Inhofe speech book.  Try to avoid grand statements like some of the ones you've given so far.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »

Race/ethnic compostion: White
Religion: Assemblies of God
Person you most admire: George W. Bush
Favorite Band: Casting Crowns
Favorite President: see above!  heh
Favorite Sports team: Cincinnati Bengals
Your other interests: Bible study, promoting Godly candidates for office at all levels, pushing back the darkness!!

lol @ the new joke account
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 03:47:17 PM »

Welcome. Enjoy yourself ! Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 03:47:25 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome!

I will try to be fair in my posts.  But as I have read the forum over the past few days, it seems that liberals can say all kinds of inflammatory things about the President and other Republicans.  But your right -- 2 wrongs don't make a right so I will do my best.

Virginia is great.  I love it.  I go to Regent University in Virginia Beach but I am from Ohio originally.  I really love the ocean and try to work here in the summers.  Ocean beats corn any day.

You're perfectly welcome to make inflammatory statements about the President and other Republicans if you like Wink

Is Regent University the one that Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell founded?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 03:50:41 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2008, 03:52:44 PM by Bob Loblaw »

Your other interests: Bible study, promoting Godly candidates for office at all levels, pushing back the darkness!!

I'm glad to see that you respect those who are different from you!

I'm convinced that some of you really don't want any new posters here. Perhaps it's because there's a possibility that they may make posts of substance.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »

I will try to be fair in my posts.  But as I have read the forum over the past few days, it seems that liberals can say all kinds of inflammatory things about the President and other Republicans.  But your right -- 2 wrongs don't make a right so I will do my best.
Two things to note:
a) What a far Conservative Republican considers "inflammatory" and what is, by as objective a standard as can be attained, "inflammatory" may be quite wide apart. The same, of course, applies to Pinko Communists.
b) There are certain posters here who've been here for a long time who aren't taken quite seriously, and *may* therefore go unchallenged on stuff that other people wouldn't. That may escape an outside observer, hence why I'm mentioning it. Smiley

@Aizen - what's wrong with the Cincinnati Bengals? Huh
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 03:54:24 PM »

I'm convinced that some of you really don't want any new posters here.

Where did I say I didn't want any new psoters? When you've made only 10 posts that consist of "Obama needs to go back to Africa" and "It is even more terrible that most of the people who get AIDS could avoid getting it by simply obeying God's laws" then yes, you're a joke account.  Stop being oblivious. Look at what he has posted! But whatever, I don't really care. Shouldn't be long before more people realize.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »

Where did I say I didn't want any new psoters? When you've made only 10 posts that consist of "Obama needs to go back to Africa" and "It is even more terrible that most of the people who get AIDS could avoid getting it by simply obeying God's laws" then yes, you're a joke account.  Stop being oblivious. Look at what he has posted! But whatever, I don't really care. Shouldn't be long before more people realize.

Let him get accustomed to the forum before writing him off as a joker poster. A lot of the members here were far less eloquent and had much stranger views when they first joined before they got used to the way things worked and the different view points around here.

If you disagree with him, please debate him in a constructive manner, although judging from your posts that might not be your strong suit.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 03:57:48 PM »

Where did I say I didn't want any new psoters? When you've made only 10 posts that consist of "Obama needs to go back to Africa"
He said Wright should go back to Africa. While hilarious (what percentage of African ancestry does that man have? 1/16th?) I would assume there's quite a lot of Republicans who think that right now. Hardly makes him a "joke poster".
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I must've overlooked that post. Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »

I'd suggest not putting a different age in your profile than in your post.  I'd also suggest not listing a location where you don't actually live.  Oh, yeah, and tone down the rhetoric.  It all kinda looks troll-y.

Welcome, though!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 04:02:15 PM »

Two things to note:
a) What a far Conservative Republican considers "inflammatory" and what is, by as objective a standard as can be attained, "inflammatory" may be quite wide apart. The same, of course, applies to Pinko Communists.
b) There are certain posters here who've been here for a long time who aren't taken quite seriously, and *may* therefore go unchallenged on stuff that other people wouldn't. That may escape an outside observer, hence why I'm mentioning it. Smiley

I'd agree with that, seeing as how my early posts were similar to his, except from the left.  See how he is after 100 posts or something, and then pass judgement.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »

Welcome

Do tone down the bible stuff, the liberals are evil stuff, rhetoric, anti-black stuff and so forth.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »

Because other opinions are just fine as long as we keep religion out of it!  Roll Eyes

Welcome. I haven't reviewed many of your posts but if the "Obama should go back to Africa" stuff is true, I beg you to tone it down. That's uncalled for.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »

And it's Democratic Party, not Democrat Party. Please don't make that mistake. It makes me very, very, very, very angry.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 05:48:18 PM »

That is usually the intention.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »

I don't want to have to stalk his posts, getting on him for every use of that name.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 06:00:03 PM »

I don't want to have to stalk his posts, getting on him for every use of that name.

I'm sure you could find something better to do with your time; perhaps crossword puzzles?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »

No, you're missing the point.  The key reason why certain non-Democrats refer to it as the 'Democrat Party' rather than 'Democratic Party' is because it somehow belittles and demeans it, and thus irritates Democratic supporters.  By showing them that you find it irritating, you are fueling their fire.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »

No, you're missing the point.  The key reason why certain non-Democrats refer to it as the 'Democrat Party' rather than 'Democratic Party' is because it somehow belittles and demeans it, and thus irritates Democratic supporters.  By showing them that you find it irritating, you are fueling their fire.

I know. I'm playing the Democratic part perfectly, huh? Maybe I'm a right-wing plant, designed to discredit the left.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »

Ha, now he's down to only 3 posts.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length