Any advice?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:55:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Any advice?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Any advice?  (Read 1847 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »

And they're three reasonable posts.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »

Having reviewed your first dozen posts, my advice is this:  tone down your rhetoric, and ensure that your assertions are grounded in fact.  While you are of course welcome here, inflammatory posts are not.

This is probably the best advice you can get. To add to it, you can disagree with someone however much you want, but as a general rule you should be at least somewhat respectful. Of course nobody expects you to always be respectful, but you should use your best judgment.

Also, when you see a post by opebo hit the ignore button. You'll be better off if you pay him no heed.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 10:39:42 PM »

just call them the Republic Par†y. Don't get mad. GET EVEN.

Race/ethnic compostion: White
Religion: Assemblies of God
Person you most admire: George W. BushFavorite Band: Casting Crowns
Favorite President: see above!  heh
Favorite Sports team: Cincinnati Bengals
Your other interests: Bible study, promoting Godly candidates for office at all levels, pushing back the darkness!!

Looks like he doesn't like Obama.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 12:20:22 AM »

I don't want to have to stalk his posts, getting on him for every use of that name.

Yeah you do.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 11:02:27 AM »

just call them the Republic Par†y. Don't get mad. GET EVEN.

That one must be easy to pronounce.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 11:48:17 AM »

Hi all!

I am new here and trying to find my way around.  I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for posting protocol and such.  (I already got flamed for multiple exclamation points --  what a doofus I am!) 

I am glad to see there are not just liberals and leftists here.  Some boards I have gone to before are just dominated by the democrat posters.  Looks like a good mix of views here so thanks for making a great bulletin board!

1.  Don't ask for advice about how to post.  Posting on the internet is easy.  Don't tiptoe around peoples' feelings (of course, to a point), but don't expect them to tiptoe around yours either.

2.  Don't play victim.  It makes you look very stupid.  I realize this may be contrary to what you hear from your pastor.

3.  Liberals want what's best for America just as much as Conservatives do.  It's all in how we achieve that, and the fact, of course, that conservatives are wrong Wink

4.  While we respect your faith and your choice in that matter, you have to respect that others do not necessarily share those beliefs.  Don't condemn us to hell, and we won't condemn you to Oogaboogabagoo.. which is much worse than hell.. not only because you burn for eternity, but you feel very cold and a drip of cold water drips on your body, but never where it hurts the most.

5.  You can't take slaves to your country and then tell them to go back home because they aren't particularly happy with being ripped from their homeland and forced into slave labor.  It could easily be said that the likes of Pat Robertson should go back to "Europe".. where he would belong there, I don't know... he's a mut, like most Americans.. and can't trace his ancestry to one point.  So we put up with him.. because he's American, and we don't tell Americans to leave because we disagree with them.

6.  I'm going to end this advice on point number six, as to keep it "unfinished" in the Biblical sense.  This way, more advice can always be added.  Oh, and this is all my personal advice to you.  I probably shouldn't be giving you advice.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »

5.  You can't take slaves to your country and then tell them to go back home because they aren't particularly happy with being ripped from their homeland and forced into slave labor.

That isn't what he said exactly.  He was telling Jeremiah Wright and the Obamas to "go back to Africa" if they didn't like it here.  None of those people are African slaves, or in Barack Obama's case, even descended from African slaves.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies