Idea I Had
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Idea I Had
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Idea I Had  (Read 3722 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »

You could make a good case for that to be true, one could also make a good argument about why that hasn't happened yet and it would have nothing to do with "big oil".  If the consumer was willing to make the sacrafices necessary, we wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves today in the first place (at least not this soon, but China and India were going to blow up, causing oil prices to rise, whether Soccer Mom's drove SUV's or Civic's).  The consumer has made his choices and up to now, efficiency was really far down the list of priorities the few times it even crossed the car buyers mind.  Now it's in everybody's mind.  If you buy a gas guzzling car now, you have a lot more money than brains.  Hell, that's been true for a few years now.

But my point is, yes, we can manufacturer amazingly efficient vehicles right now, but they have never sold well.  There is no conspiracy.  Neither Big Oil nor Detroit is keeping the super efficient car out of the hands of the American consumer, the American consumer is. 

But, that seems to be changing, finally.

(in my opinion, this is the only good thing that will come from the Global Warming hysteria.  We'll all be safer when the selfish assholes in their giant trucks are off the roads.)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies