Hillary's list of lies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:36:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary's list of lies
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary's list of lies  (Read 1840 times)
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:55:13 AM »

The USA Today/Gallup survey clearly explains why Sen. Clinton is losing. Asked whether the candidates were “honest and trustworthy,” Sen. McCain won with 67 percent, with Sen. Obama right behind him at 63. Hillary scored 44 percent....Here’s her scorecard:

Admitted Lies

• Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed) • Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Everest five years after her birth.) • She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the ramp.) • She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market.

Whoppers She Won’t Confess To

• She didn’t know about the FALN pardons. • She didn’t know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted. • Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error. • She didn’t know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so. • She didn’t know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had. • She opposed NAFTA at the time. • She was instrumental in the Irish peace process. • She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda. • She played a role in the ’90s economic recovery. • The billing records showed up on their own. • She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke. • She was always a Yankees fan. • She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons). • She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (released the day before she got there).

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:20:25 PM »

She's a woman.  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:26:17 PM »

OMG I agree with, J.J.!!!!!   I hear the trumpets!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:32:37 PM »

At least with Hillary! we know what we're getting.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 03:35:23 PM »

Why must Hillary turn this country into a house of lies?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »

Black nationalist vs a pathological liar. Geesh, I'm glad McCain is running under the GOP banner.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 03:43:30 PM »

At least with Hillary! we know what we're getting.

Well we know WHO she is.....don't think for moment you know what she will do in office.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »

The USA Today/Gallup survey clearly explains why Sen. Clinton is losing. Asked whether the candidates were “honest and trustworthy,” Sen. McCain won with 67 percent, with Sen. Obama right behind him at 63. Hillary scored 44 percent....Here’s her scorecard:

Admitted Lies

• Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed) • Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Everest five years after her birth.) • She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the ramp.) • She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market.

Whoppers She Won’t Confess To

• She didn’t know about the FALN pardons. • She didn’t know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted. • Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error. • She didn’t know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so. • She didn’t know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had. • She opposed NAFTA at the time. • She was instrumental in the Irish peace process. • She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda. • She played a role in the ’90s economic recovery. • The billing records showed up on their own. • She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke. • She was always a Yankees fan. • She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons). • She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (released the day before she got there).

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com

Many of these are in dispute. For example, accounts from people inside the administration suggest she opposed NAFTA in private but supported it as an initiative of her husband's administration.

Words like "instrumental" are subjective- George Mitchell said that ""She was very much involved in encouraging the emergence of women in the political process in Northern Ireland, which was a significant factor in ultimately getting an agreement.", and John Hume wrote that "I am quite surprised that anyone would suggest that Hillary Clinton did not perform important foreign policy work as First Lady. I can state from firsthand experience that she played a positive role for over a decade in helping to bring peace to Northern Ireland."

The worst she can be accused of is presenting the side of the issue that helps her the most. But that is also the worst that any politician or person applying for a job can be accused of.

John McCain:
* Lied about meeting with Lowell "Bud" Paxson and his lobbyist before sending letters to the FCC on Paxon's behalf. * Lies about there being neighborhoods in Baghdad where "you and I could walk through those neighborhoods, today" * Lied about 'every time in history we have raised taxes it has cut revenues' * Lied about Obama wanting to bomb Pakistan * Lied about Clinton and Obama wanting to unilaterally abrogate NAFTA * Lied about Iran backing al Qaeda

That took me about 10 minutes. See how easy this is?
8 out of 11 is not deserved
pollwatch99-b

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »

Queen Clinton is the most divisive politician in the last 20 years.   Let anybody prove me wrong, identify somebody else who can alienate the right, left and have moderates neutral at best.

She is by far the very, very best at this
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 07:45:59 PM »

Politicians lie and call it misspeaking or claim they were misquoted.

Hillary isn't the only politician to have ever lied. 

Mac, Barack, Hillary, they are all guilty as charged.

You have to look at what you like about them to decide who to vote for.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 07:57:39 PM »

Mitt too?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »

Mitt too?

Yes, with Mitt too you have to look at what you like about him to decide if you want to vote for him. 
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 12:36:53 AM »

Black nationalist vs a pathological liar. Geesh, I'm glad McCain is running under the GOP banner.

lol
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 12:40:26 AM »

She's also lying about SCHIP: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/3/26/16277/7120/300/484827
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 12:42:43 AM »

FactCheck.org disagrees on that one.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 12:46:19 AM »

Hm, fair enough. Thanks for the link, by the way.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 02:00:17 AM »

John McCain:
* Lied about meeting with Lowell "Bud" Paxson and his lobbyist before sending letters to the FCC on Paxon's behalf. * Lies about there being neighborhoods in Baghdad where "you and I could walk through those neighborhoods, today" * Lied about 'every time in history we have raised taxes it has cut revenues' * Lied about Obama wanting to bomb Pakistan * Lied about Clinton and Obama wanting to unilaterally abrogate NAFTA * Lied about Iran backing al Qaeda

And those are all correct and actual McCain lies. Just as all of the listed lies from Hillary are correct. What's the problem here?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 02:18:36 PM »

lol

Not God bless America...God damn America! -Obamas pastor
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 02:21:18 PM »

lol

I didnt know he was running for President....do you know something we dont?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »

lol

I didnt know he was running for President....do you know something we dont?

Well, lets see. He went to his church for 20 years and told Fox news he never heard "any objectionable comments" then later went on to give a speech telling the American public "that he had heard such sermons in the past but disagreed with them". Obama is also the man who refuses to wear any sort of American flag and refuses to hold his hand on his heard during the national anthem, his wife is a likely bigot with her comments about "never being proud of America". Sorry kid, but 2+2 still equals 4 where I come from.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 02:48:04 PM »

She wouldn't be changing anything Beelzebush hadn't already done.  But she won't set things right. And neither will McCain. Hence, my reluctant support for Obama.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »

John McCain:

And those are all correct and actual McCain lies. Just as all of the listed lies from Hillary are correct. What's the problem here?

No, of the "lies from Hillary", many of them are disputed as to what really happened and others are just speculation. It's easy to get a list of statements from someone who has been in the public spotlight for over 16 years, including all misstatements and mistakes, and label them "lies". You can do it for anyone.

We should not be choosing a President not based on whether we got find some list of 'gotchas' on them-- you can find such a list for all politicians who have a realistic shot, particularly one who has faced as much scrutiny as Senator Clinton. Hillary Clinton is a strong leader, who has adopted pragmatic positions, led in the area of health care and had accomplishments there, worked across the aisle with conservative Republicans, and surprised many people who she has worked with and many people in New York with her ability to unite Republicans and Democrats. She inspires people by her sacrifice and strength. She could have picked a better message man than Mark Penn, and she could work on being more charismatic in speeches, but she has for the most part run a pretty positive campaign. She did not attack Obama all of last year. I don't believe that she tried to play the race card against him, I believe it was played against her by the media and some of Obama's supporters. She is likeable. She has showed humor, frustration, graciousness, and strength throughout this campaign. We should look beyond the fluff and emotions of the campaign, which is a great game, but which ultimately does not address the issues and problems facing our nation-- we should look at who we think would make the best leader. Everything Hillary has done substantively suggests she would make a great leader.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »

You think Obama is a black nationalist too..?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 03:28:49 PM »

Ugh, I replied to the wrong topic, I was referring to this post in another one:

"Filthy Banshee Witch" is a bit too far, IMO.

Yeah, you gotta really replace that "w" with a "b".
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 03:47:13 PM »

Ugh, I replied to the wrong topic, I was referring to this post in another one:

"Filthy Banshee Witch" is a bit too far, IMO.

Yeah, you gotta really replace that "w" with a "b".

Oh haha, whoops
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies