Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 02:46:47 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  west va vs. virginia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: which candidate is most likely to flip the state?
clinton wins wv   -19 (65.5%)
obama wins va   -10 (34.5%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: west va vs. virginia  (Read 818 times)
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:45:21 am »
Ignore

option 1 (sane)

You can be our next waltermitty, although perhaps a slightly better-informed version, and without the fetish for really old women. 
I can cook scrambled eggs and bacon or fry a hamburger on the George Foreman, or, with assistance, fix spaghetti.
Alaska Thunderfvck
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:46:59 am »
Ignore

I wont pick either, since this poll was made up just to degrate those who think Obama has a decent shot at Virginia and because you dont think so, makes them insane.

ALLONS-Y!
jesmo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:47:37 am »
Ignore

Clinton winning WV is far more likely to happen. Obama will lose 45 of the 50 states, Clinton will win 42 of the 50.

I have two pet rats!
elcorazon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:37 am »
Ignore

clinton has nearly no shot in w.va.  obama has some chance in va.

"The most important thing to remember is, no matter what anybody tells you, it is never, ever unpatriotic or un-American to question anything in a democracy"
President Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 10:50:54 am »
Ignore

Clinton winning WV is a much surer thing that Virginia flipping to Obama. In fact, she'll win WV if she's the nominee. That is a Democratic state locally. They just disagreed with Kerry on social issues  and gun laws. The Clinton's are viewed very favorably there. Obama's race will inhibit him from breaking 40% in WV.

Hotter than a middle eastern climate
Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 10:55:47 am »
Ignore

Option one, of course.

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:21 am »
Ignore

Clinton winning WV is far more likely to happen. Obama will lose 45 of the 50 states, Clinton will win 42 of the 50.

You're still here?  Hmm... that's interesting...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: 0.00

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 11:07:20 am »
Ignore

Naturally, I would choose the state that only voted Republican three times in between 1932-2000 to the state that hasn't voted Democrat since 1964 (and has voted Republican to the popular vote since 1948), but I'm not really normal.
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 11:14:12 am »
Ignore

Naturally, I would choose the state that only voted Republican three times in between 1932-2000 to the state that hasn't voted Democrat since 1964 (and has voted Republican to the popular vote since 1948), but I'm not really normal.

well you can bet your ass on one thing.

if obama doesnt win va...it will be because of 'racism'.

You can be our next waltermitty, although perhaps a slightly better-informed version, and without the fetish for really old women. 
I can cook scrambled eggs and bacon or fry a hamburger on the George Foreman, or, with assistance, fix spaghetti.
ChrisFromNJ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 11:30:33 am »
Ignore

Who has said that?
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 11:32:21 am »
Ignore

Who has said that?

Eh, if Obama does well in NoVa but gets trounced in Appalachia and the Southside, it will be said and with good reason.
Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 11:46:46 am »
Ignore

Who has said that?

Some Obama supporter somewhere said it, so we all must believe it because we are mindless vessels of the obamassiah.

OR

Some unnamed Clinton supporters are princesses who prefer to insult people in broad strokes rather than directly, so that when the insult is returned, "they" can say "People are personally attacking me." "All you little obama supporters" isn't a personal insult. It's an easy way to avoid direct confrontation.

Chris, if you want to debate a Hillary hack, stick with someone with a blue avatar. They've at least got the balls to address the people they disagree with.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:48:51 am by TCash101 »Logged

Renew our Democracy!
jesmo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 11:48:49 am »
Ignore

Who has said that?

Some Obama supporter somewhere said it, so we all must believe it because we are mindless vessels of the obamassiah. (Of course anyone who says anything negative about Hillary is completely

OR

Some unnamed Clinton supporters are princesses who prefer to insult people in broad strokes rather than directly, so that when the insult is returned, "they" can say "People are personally attacking me." "All you little obama supporters" isn't a personal insult. It's an easy way to avoid direct confrontation.

Chris, if you want to debate a Hillary hack, stick with someone with a blue avatar. They've at least got the balls to address the people they disagree with.

I may not have a blue avatar, but I would be a Republican if it wasn't for two crucial issues. So Obamaniacs are welcome to debate with me. I am a Hillary Hack!

I have two pet rats!
Alaska Thunderfvck
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 11:52:37 am »
Ignore

Who has said that?

Some Obama supporter somewhere said it, so we all must believe it because we are mindless vessels of the obamassiah. (Of course anyone who says anything negative about Hillary is completely

OR

I may not have a blue avatar, but I would be a Republican if it wasn't for two crucial issues. So Obamaniacs are welcome to debate with me. I am a Hillary Hack!

Im kinda curious how you think Clinton is going to be able to carry 42 of the 50 states in the General Election. I honestly dont know if you are being serious or just being ridiculously obnoxious.

ALLONS-Y!
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 02:37:04 pm »
Ignore

Clinton would win WV in anything vaguely resembling a 50-50 election
elcorazon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 03:06:21 pm »
Ignore

no way.

"The most important thing to remember is, no matter what anybody tells you, it is never, ever unpatriotic or un-American to question anything in a democracy"
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 06:01:51 pm »
Ignore

no way.

uh-huh...  McCain is an awful fit for the state...  the main reason Obama won't win it is because he is a negro
Daniel Adams
YaBB God
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 06:59:36 pm »
Ignore

no way.
Yes, she would. Hillary has very strong support in West Virginia not only for the primary, but for the general as well. In elections where economic issues are very important West Virginia has a tendency to go Democratic (see 1988, 1992) and in 2008 the Democrats will definitely use the fear of recession in their campaign. Obama won't win WV because he doesn't appeal to working-class Democrats, which make up most of the WV Dem electorate, but Clinton doesn't have this problem. The few general election polls from West Virginia have Clinton defeating or tied with McCain, while Obama trails the GOP candidate.
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 07:04:12 pm »
Ignore

Tweed's right, but this poll is kind of pointless.

Famous True Leftists:

Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 08:33:36 pm »
Ignore

no way.

uh-huh...  McCain is an awful fit for the state...  the main reason Obama won't win it is because he is a negro

Obama isn't a negro.

(and in any case a candidate like him would have some difficulties there even without his darkish tan)

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 08:38:10 pm »
Ignore

no way.

Obama isn't a negro.

he plays one on TV
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 08:39:18 pm »
Ignore

What has the (white) female vote in WV looked like in the last few elections?

this is real
Mideast Assemblyman Ben
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 08:40:09 pm »
Ignore

Clinton wins WV at about 75%
Obama wins VA at about 35%

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout