How Hillary Became President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:59:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  How Hillary Became President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Hillary Became President  (Read 3451 times)
Skeletorx
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:05:04 AM »

If you think about it.  It is amazing.  All the chips had to fall where the Clitons wanted for Hillary to become president.  There 8 year plan appears to be working.  There are only 2 chips left to prevent Hillary from becoming president.

1.  Vacant Senate Seat in a Liberal State:  Hillary needed to carpet bag to a liberal state so she can begin her senate career.  NY was the perfect state.
2.  Al Gore had to lose 2000 so Hillary would not have to confront Gores VP if he had been a 2 term president.
3.  John Kerry had to lost 2004, otherwise Hillary chances of winning the nomination from an incumbent in 2008 would of been unlikely.
4.  Lame Duck republican president had to be in office.  We all know who this is.
5.  Cruise and Win the 2008 nomination.  Only Barack Obama stands in her way.
6.  After 8 years of unpopular republican rule, a weak and old republican candidate won the nomination.  A bad economy, an unpopular war.
jesmo

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 11:08:03 AM »

Hopefully she goes past those last two obstacles, and then she will end up as the best President in the history of the United States.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 11:18:12 AM »

lol
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »

Hopefully she goes past those last two obstacles, and then she will end up as the best President in the history of the United States.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 04:05:41 PM »

If you think about it.  It is amazing.  All the chips had to fall where the Clitons wanted for Hillary to become president.  There 8 year plan appears to be working.  There are only 2 chips left to prevent Hillary from becoming president.

1.  Vacant Senate Seat in a Liberal State:  Hillary needed to carpet bag to a liberal state so she can begin her senate career.  NY was the perfect state.
2.  Al Gore had to lose 2000 so Hillary would not have to confront Gores VP if he had been a 2 term president.
3.  John Kerry had to lost 2004, otherwise Hillary chances of winning the nomination from an incumbent in 2008 would of been unlikely.
4.  Lame Duck republican president had to be in office.  We all know who this is.
6.  After 8 years of unpopular republican rule, a weak and old republican candidate won the nomination.  A bad economy, an unpopular war.

Not all of those things had to happen in order for her to become a viable presidential contender.  For example, I don't think Lieberman is necessarily charismatic enough that he would have had a lock on the 2008 Dem. nomination if Gore had served from 2001-2009.  And even with Gore winning in 2000, you could have had the GOP coming back in 2004, which sets up HRC for 2008 or 2012.  Or you could have HRC wait until 2012 regardless depending on all the possible permutations of 2000, 2004, and 2008.  For example, you could have also had Kerry winning in 2004, being defeated in 2008, and HRC running in 2012.

Anyway, you can make similar arguments for almost any major presidential contender....that they needed a good deal of luck to break their way in order to get as far as they did.  After June 2007, McCain needed about 5 or 6 lucky breaks in order to end up with the GOP nomination.....and he got them.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 08:30:27 PM »

jesmo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 11:29:37 PM »

She is a hell of a lot better then Obama. For the most part, I refuse to even speak to any Obama supporters. I hate that man.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »

She is a hell of a lot better then Obama. For the most part, I refuse to even speak to any Obama supporters. I hate that man.

How unfortunate Sad
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 01:13:10 PM »

yes.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
not necessarily: If Gore had lost in 2004, Hillary would be in the same position she's in now.

If Kerry had won in 2004 but lost in 2008, she could have run in 2012. After that would be unlikely though.

I think she could have MAYBE beat Bush in 2004. She at least would have had a better shot than Kerry.

except that she didn't. Remember back in November when Hillary's campaign was a "Well-Oiled Political Machine" that "doesn't make mistakes"? Kinda funny now that it looks like she's going to lose to a one-term senator who was a total unknown four years ago.

no, no, no, and no. McCain is by far the strongest republican candidate and probably the only Republican who could have won in this year. I can assure you that the rube, the Mormon, the twice-divorced adulterous lapsed catholic, the loon, or the wax statue would have all gone down in utter defeat.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »

For the most part, I refuse to even speak to any Obama supporters.

In that case, you'd better leave this forum immediately.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 03:49:59 PM »

Were you around here for this?:  "I only debate people I agree with."
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 04:21:29 PM »

Were you around here for this?:  "I only debate people I agree with."

hahahaha.  No, I don't remember that, but that's quite a gem.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 08:56:49 PM »

You hate the man? Why? I could see disliking him, but hate seems a bit extreme and you seem to be letting it affect your judgment. I vehemently dislike Hillary, but I wouldn't say I hate her.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 10:07:23 PM »

I'm sorry, I don't understand.  Are you... Are you from the future?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »

And here I was thinking was going to be something like an alt-history story I read once and you were going to argue that something bad was going to happen to Obama after he wins the general election so that his running mate, Hillary, would end up as President.
jeron
Netherlands
Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -7.48

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 10:38:57 AM »

Oh yes, Hillary the best president, that must be the best joke i've heard in a while. No, a Hillary presidency would turn out to be much like her health care plan in 1994: a complete failure.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies