Are you happy with your life?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:19:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you happy with your life?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: As of right now, are you happy with your life?
Yes

No

Kind of

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Are you happy with your life?  (Read 2564 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:36:19 PM »

Yep, I'm in a dramatic mood. I went from having a good day to feeling absolutely terrible after one phone call. It pretty much reflects on my life as of now. Not good.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:37:09 PM »

Hoo boy...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:38:12 PM »

Lay off. I don't do this often and I just need someplace to vent a little. Calm down.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:40:34 PM »

For the most part yes, but since it's only sorta one thing that's always been crap, I voted "yes".  And it will almost always stay yes, unless the thing that I have to live with gets worse. And I only have one person to talk to about this, so at least I can vent it out. Wow, there's a rant.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 10:42:27 PM »

:/
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 11:03:43 PM »

yeah, I really don't have any big problems, and I'm in good health. 
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 11:57:46 PM »

I've learned to be content.

I am not where I want to be right now, but I must be content with working my hardest to get there. If I feel 'off' I do my best to correct it without procrastinating too much. Everyone feels this way at times, but it should only serve as motivation to change yourself and/or your situation. A good bitchfest can serve as a nice outlet, but don't wallow in it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 12:03:33 AM »

Me and mine are in good health and eating regularly, everything else is gravy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 12:08:06 AM »

no.  not really.

i come from a comfortable, but middle class, upbringing.  im educated.  and im probably not the dumbest guy youd meet on the street.

but as the bible says 'to whom much is given much is expected."  obviously i havent lived up to that.

im very blessed.  even now.  i just dont think ive lived up to my end of the bargain, which is depressing.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 12:30:32 AM »

Sort of.

While I am currently on holidays and doing well at school, I have a tone of homework these holidays. Sure most of it's easy like a film review of the 1981 film Roadgames and questions on Chapter 10 of Animal Farm, however I have a mamoth Science Project. Which involves constructing a model on DNA and writing a massive report on DNA. It would have been easier hadn't my partner ditched me for herself.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 01:03:54 AM »

No...but struggling to make it better. I have a bunch of research papers to write and it's driving me crazy.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 02:10:53 AM »

No, actually I hate it. I'm unsure about my career path. My college is mediocre and boring the hell out of me. My health has taken a nose dive, in fact I may have a permanent (and humiliating) virus now. I just severed ties to someone very close to me for far too many personal reasons to go into. I want out of here and I feel alone.

Oh and talking about how screwed up America is now doesn't help. I should probably just avoid politics... And talking about random bullsh**t that bothers me at 3:10 AM instead of just sucking it up and going to bed.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 02:36:23 AM »

Definately not, and not sure what to do fix it.  I'm Very, very, very lonely; have no real direction in life, I hardly have the energy to get up every morning or even complete normal tasks during the day, and I am really apprehensive about my future.

I do recognize there are millions of people on the planet who have good reason to be more unhappy than I am though.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »

Definately not, and not sure what to do fix it.  I'm Very, very, very lonely; have no real direction in life, I hardly have the energy to get up every morning or even complete normal tasks during the day, and I am really apprehensive about my future.

I do recognize there are millions of people on the planet who have good reason to be more unhappy than I am though.

I know no one is asking for help, but I figure given my level of happiness it's the least I could do to just put my solutions out there for people to take or not.  My suggestion for you is to spend more time with your family.  It may not be the kind of company you're looking for but it will take the edge off finding someone to be with.  If you give yourself something to look  forward to each day, but only after you finish everything you need to get done, it may help with motivating you for your day.  Maybe even set weekend milestones or something, like a small trip if you go through the week.  And as cheesy as it is, smiling through the bullsh**t of every day will help.

Thanks Fezzy and I appreciate your help.  Part of my problem is that I don't really have much in the way of family.  My dad raised me by himself and passed away several years ago.  There is a whole cemetery in Morris Chapel, TN of people who are related to me who have long since passed away.  All I have left is an almost 90 year old great uncle in early stages of alzteimers who I visit on occassion.  I do have a few friends in politics, but I have found that political ambition will usually trump any loyalty or genuine friendship.  I do try to smile through the the bulls**t, and save my whining for my Atlas posts Tongue
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »

Yes. At the least I'd consider myself "very content". All my basic needs are met and I manage to keep myself entertained. The only thing I feel is missing right now is some companionship.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 01:40:01 PM »

No, actually I hate it. I'm unsure about my career path. My college is mediocre and boring the hell out of me. My health has taken a nose dive, in fact I may have a permanent (and humiliating) virus now. I just severed ties to someone very close to me for far too many personal reasons to go into. I want out of here and I feel alone.

Oh and talking about how screwed up America is now doesn't help. I should probably just avoid politics... And talking about random bullsh**t that bothers me at 3:10 AM instead of just sucking it up and going to bed.

I know it's easy for me to say at the high point in my life that I am, but when I was down, all I did was look forward to the little things I knew would make me happier.  Just go through the motions until then and block out all the unpleasant stuff.  Setting short milestones makes things a lot more tolerable for me at least.  If that doesn't work, make a big change like switching schools.  Change is always good and it distracts you from what might not be going well.

Thanks.

I'm planning to switch schools fairly soon. I'll probably spend another year here but I'm already planning on taking the SATs again and all that. I might switch majors too, Law is a huge commitment and a lot could go wrong there. But besides the uncertainty there I'm just emotionally exhausted.  I dealt with a very unstable, co-dependent (among other things) person for 2 years and I basically finally gave up. If he tries to kill himself again I've decided that's his mistake not mine.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »

Yes, I'm happy with my life at the moment.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »

I'm in a job I love that's pays me below the official national poverty line due to cutbacks. I'm a professional humanities graduate in a climate where no one wants to hire them (and my tax is shooting up nect month) I can't afford to leave home. But i've got my health, I hope and I've got Chris and my family and I like who I am. Those are the most important things.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »

Overall, I have to say yes. I'm in a prestigious school that none of you ever heard of Tongue and am enjoying my education. I got an interesting employment. I've had some trouble with my girlfriend but I hope that's over now. My greatest concerns at the moment are really getting a summer job of some sort and using my time more wisely so I can do more meaningful things Tongue
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 06:35:40 PM »

A party affiliation poll would have been interesting.

In general, Republicans are happier than Democrats.  The disgruntled and the downcast project their troubles on the government in power.  These are why Obama supporters are so gloomy and miserable, and why they tend to be more suspectible to other types of mass movements.

Therefore, it should not be surprised that if Hillary receives the nomination, then the Democrats who were the most passionate against her will become her most ardent followers.

Sorry to turn everything into a political discussion.  But I would like to see Hillary as the nominee, if only to see if my theory is correct.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »

Yes, now I am.

Just coming off a nasty winter bug that has left me pretty much indoors for the past 2 weeks

Yay for Spring!
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »

In general, Republicans are happier than Democrats.  The disgruntled and the downcast project their troubles on the government in power.  These are why Obama supporters are so gloomy and miserable, and why they tend to be more suspectible to other types of mass movements.

BS!  Most of the Obama supporters I know are Volkswagen-driving yuppies that I went to college with.   If they are gloomy and miserable then they are doing a helluva good job hiding it!
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »

While I'd love to agree with your hypothesis -- I know a whole lot of Republicans and I can't say that they are any happier than Democrats.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 06:50:04 PM »

I believe there are only 2 things that have signficant correlation with happiness: religious faith and money.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »

Content is a more accurate word for me.  The Apostle Paul tells us to be content with what we have.  The Bible also tells us to be content, but not satisfied.  Meaning, we should never long for things our neighbor has, but ever trying to reach higher and higher and not stopping or "retiring" until we are taken home.

To answer the question, yes I am happy and content, but I am not satisfied.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies