Corporate Democrat$
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:32:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Corporate Democrat$
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Corporate Democrat$  (Read 393 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »

Way to go.  You've selected the most most conservative celebrity-like candidates.  They talk of the Iraq occupation in grandiose or incidental terms rather than the larger 40 year campaign of neoliberalization.  They'll sign any and every free trade agreement.  Even John Goldwater McCain outperforms them in election match-ups.  But we win Colorado and New Hampshire.  Is that worth losing an election?  What dynamics might contribute to any possible Democratic win in November?  Honestly, I don't see how this election diverges from the patterns of 2004.  You have "liberals" who are basically hitching their hopes on the idea that snobby corporate Democrats will be able to beat a Republican that can be Mitt Romney in Hew Hampshire and Mike Huckabee in Tennessee.  Give me a break.  Maps?  Thoughts?  It astounds me that corporate Democrats have basically made our country a one party state--at least on those pesky material issues like trade, taxation, healthcare, and anything else that concerns those outside of the leisure class.  Can you point to policies regarding the capital gains tax, media reform, the prison-industrial complex, or otherwise that would disabuse me of my parochial perceptions?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 02:15:30 AM »
« Edited: March 28, 2008, 02:42:25 AM by Alcon »

You totally lost me at "John 'Goldwater' McCain."  Especially since you then argued he can "be Mitt Romney in New Hampshire and Mike Huckabee in Tennessee."  Barry Goldwater barely managed to be Barry Goldwater in Arizona.

Much of the Democrats' poor poll performance is because they're bleeding Democratic support.  Will that last?  We'll see; almost definitely not to this extent.  I'll admit I don't actually know what a "prison-industrial complex" is but it sounds like something that my grandmother wouldn't want to hear in a stump speech.  My grandmother is a swing voter.  Except when it comes to beards.  She won't trust a man with facial hair.

Oh, map.  49-state landslide for green.  Because green is the color of lobbyist money.

Democrats carry Colorado because it's trending
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 02:37:38 AM »

You totally lost me at "John 'Goldwater' McCain."  Especially since you then argued he can "be Mitt Romney in New Hampshire and Mike Huckabee in Tennessee."  Barry Goldwater barely managed to be Barry Goldwater in Arizona.

Much of the Democrats' poor poll performance is because they're bleeding Democratic support.  Will that last?  We'll see; almost definitely not to this extent.  I'll admit I don't actually know that a "prison-industrial complex" is but it sounds like something that my grandmother wouldn't want to hear in a stump speech.  My grandmother is a swing voter.  Except when it comes to beards.  She won't trust a man with facial hair.

Oh, map.  49-state landslide for green.  Because green is the color of lobbyist money.

Democrats carry Colorado because it's trending

That map is not accurate. Why would Colorado vote Democratic when Massachusetts would not? You are a hack. Clearly you do not understand politics [/gporter]
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies