Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 09:18:04 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  okay moderators..explain how this isnt against the rules
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: okay moderators..explain how this isnt against the rules  (Read 6962 times)
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 11:52:38 am »
Ignore

not that anyone cares, and i certainly dont mean it as a threat, but if something isnt done about him and his hateful, personal attacks on me, im going to leave the site.

id rather not post here than continually be attacked like that

it shouldn't bother you
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 02:46:28 pm »
Ignore

Get back to us when we're all pathetic suicidal alcoholic losers.

im absolutely tired of these attacks.  they are below the belt.

What particular part? Have you not specifically invited me to make such attacks at least two times now? Do you yourself not constantly make suicide a joke? You have probably called quite a few of us suicidal morons dozens of times now. Why the double standard?

I will not deny that my remark was over the line, but as usual, Walter gets a free pass, and considering he's the "I'm always a victim!" type I fully expect he is loving this.

Please, tell me, how the hell starting a thread with the sole purpose of mindlessly bashing predictions you disagree with and then going on to describe how supporters of the opposing candidate are the lowest form of human life is okay, but giving you a little bit of your own medicine is a crime against humanity? His remarks are beyond inflammatory. I would not make a thread describing McCain supporters as sub-human Nazi-demons, and even if I did I would not expect people to respond with something along the lines of "Oh, thank you for enlightening me with your brilliance, I really respect your opinion."

You people are hilarious. Walter constantly does this. He is a troll and he does not have a single redeeming quality.

With that said, I due owe the forum an apology--an apology for failing to simply ignore this worthless troll.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 05:14:37 pm »
Ignore

Even after bgwah is warned, he insists on starting up again in the very same thread that Dave warned him.

I'm fed up with this act that it's all Walter's fault and that he's a troll. You have a reputation for starting with people here, my friend. You've done it to me and others. I like you personally and you know that but you also know that I don't like your behavior here and that is what matters.

I fully expect you to come after me in response to this. All I ask is that Dave take note of it.

MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 03:18:53 pm »
Ignore

Mitty, take this as a bit of free advice.  You do open yourself up to a lot of abuse with repetative threads on alcohol consumption and depression.  After a while, this is what your personna becomes in the mind of readers on the site.  If you wish that people not refer to you as such, I would recommend that you do not constantly bring it up.  Additionally, people above are right ... just put him on ignore.  I know it's not the response you want, but it will make your experience here better while denying him the power he has over you ... which you are giving to him with threads like this.  Just ignore him and make your personal life better by avoiding alcohol and resolving your depressive issues.

As far as bgwah himself is concerned, Dave knows of the problem.  If Dave chooses not to ban him, then that's it.  Constantly bring it up will not change anything.  This is Dave's server and site, and if he wishes to keep bgwah here, then so be it ... end of story.  You have more than one thread on this topic, and that is more than enough.

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 05:34:20 pm »
Ignore

first of all modu...and everyone else...i am NOT ashamed of having suffered from depression.  i do not deny it.  i am open and honest about it.  i know that it is not a character flaw or a moral failing.  if others think it is, that is really unfortunate.

on the subject of bgwah, what exactly does a kid hiding behind a computer screen, thousand of miles away from me, know about my life?  how does he know how much or how frequently i drink?  how does he know the current state of my depression?

he doesnt.  and neither does anyone else here.

all he knows is that i have been honest about my struggles with depression (something i do not regret) and that i have often posted about alcohol.  (and most of my posts about alcohol were asking what everyone else is drinking)

i guess the bottom line is that it is sad when it is 2008 and talking openly and honestly about depression sets one up for personal attacks.

My education at Northwestern Oklahoma State University is just as good as a Harvard education,
Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 07:03:03 pm »
Ignore

first of all modu...and everyone else...i am NOT ashamed of having suffered from depression.  i do not deny it.  i am open and honest about it.  i know that it is not a character flaw or a moral failing.  if others think it is, that is really unfortunate.

on the subject of bgwah, what exactly does a kid hiding behind a computer screen, thousand of miles away from me, know about my life?  how does he know how much or how frequently i drink?  how does he know the current state of my depression?

he doesnt.  and neither does anyone else here.

all he knows is that i have been honest about my struggles with depression (something i do not regret) and that i have often posted about alcohol.  (and most of my posts about alcohol were asking what everyone else is drinking)

i guess the bottom line is that it is sad when it is 2008 and talking openly and honestly about depression sets one up for personal attacks.

It does though. Those are the breaks.

MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 07:12:45 pm »
Ignore

Talking about it and dwelling on it are two different things.  If you feel the need to constantly reference your state of mind, I may I recommend a suitable forum for your discussions:  MedHelp.org - forums.

And again, about bgwah, that's up for Dave to deal with.  If he's not going to take action on it, then you are just going to have to deal with it.  If you can't, then I recommend finding another forum to discuss politics.  We don't need any more threads on this.

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 08:22:14 pm »
Ignore

modu i think i made clear earlier in the thread that if bgwah kept up his attacks i would leave the forum

keep in mind, this isnt all about me.  he has personally and hatefully attacked several others.

but i guess you think they deserved it too.

look, lets be completely honest here...regardless of how someone feels about me there is no way anyone can justify the attacks by bgwah.  but it looks those that dislike me are trying their hardest to justify it.

no it isnt my fault.  and im sorry if you dont want to see threads like this.  if someone wants to talk about me the way bgwah has, im going to call him out and defend myself

My education at Northwestern Oklahoma State University is just as good as a Harvard education,
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 10:47:11 pm »
Ignore

We don't have the power to ban anyone.  For cases like this, I assure you that we wish we did.

^^^^^^

I have certainly stated a preference for such, as well.
Senator-elect Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 11:52:52 pm »
Ignore

There's a very High School attiude around here.

"Don't talk about personal things, cause if you do - then people are going to pick on you".

It's immature. Depression and alcohol issues are serious issues, maybe Mitty was too self-indulgent - but the personal nature was really uncalled for.

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 08:54:21 am »
Ignore

but i guess you think they deserved it too.

Never said I thought you "deserved" it.  I did say that you are empowering him and encouraging him to keep it up with these mutliple threads and posts about him, which feeds his need for attention.  That's why we are all encouraging you to place him on ignore and stop the multiple threads about him and his actions.  Otherwise, your self-defeating actions are just going to compound the overall effect, digging yourself a hole  you'll never be able to get out of.  And on an internet forum, that's pretty sad.  So please, take our advice and just move on.  Put him on ignore, knock off these multiple threads, and bgwah will be marginalized.  If you don't want to do that, then we don't want to see another thread from you complaining about this.  Ok?  Come on.  You're an adult.  You can do it.

Visit MODU's Musings

Link
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 12:41:06 pm »
Ignore

modu i think i made clear earlier in the thread that if bgwah kept up his attacks i would leave the forum

look, lets be completely honest here...regardless of how someone feels about me there is no way anyone can justify the attacks by bgwah.  but it looks those that dislike me are trying their hardest to justify it.

Get back to us when we're all pathetic suicidal alcoholic losers.

im absolutely tired of these attacks.  they are below the belt.

I find that interesting because this post got moderated by which I mean deleted.  The policing is somewhat uneven.

Aahhh... There you are.  It took you a couple of days to respond to my post.  You always disappear when the stock market recovers and reappear when it pulls back.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:43:21 pm by Link »Logged

Insane quote of the year-

"Every aspect of life in America is worse than when he [Obama] took over" -Marco Rubio
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2011, 02:11:49 pm »
Ignore

Don't bump 3-and-a-half-year-old threads to complain that you had a moderated post, thanks.

Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 06:18:05 pm »
Ignore

Zack's non-sequiturs in this thread were pretty funny.

The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2011, 08:53:21 pm »
Ignore

Goddammit Link, do not do thread necromancy.  Don't do it.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 09:53:31 am »
Ignore

This might be an instructive thread for all those newbies who don't get why some of us don't like Bgwah.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 10:05:35 am »
Ignore

It also makes me miss Alcon.  Cry

I just had an early dinner.  I went to Burger King, but only got a Double Whopper with Cheese with no fries and a coke.  I wanted Diet Dr. Pepper, but it was empty.
GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 11:23:31 am »
Ignore

This might be an instructive thread for all those newbies who don't get why some of us don't like Bgwah.
Holding three year grudges against people you only know on a political message board is odd indeed.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 02:58:51 pm »
Ignore

Holding three year grudges against people you only know on a political message board is odd indeed.

That depends on what you mean by holding a grudge. If I were to obsessively stalk him or threaten to destroy his career or something, I agree that you would have a point.

I think that if I interact with someone on a message board and that person is creepy and nasty it makes a lot of sense to treat them accordingly. Not if it were a single isolated incident, of course, but if it's a regular pattern. I didn't even remember this particular example until someone bumped it.

Oh, and it's not a 3-year grudge. It's more like 7 years. And it's not really a grudge in the sense that it isn't based on anything done to me.

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 03:10:10 pm »
Ignore

That depends on what you mean by holding a grudge. If I were to obsessively stalk him or threaten to destroy his career or something, I agree that you would have a point.

And there's a reason I don't like Gustaf. Several of the moderators keep accusing me of threatening Lunar, when I did nothing of the sort. It's just bizarre but I guess I haven't done anything offensive enough to earn their scorn lately so they just make stuff up.

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 03:26:33 pm »
Ignore

And there's a reason I don't like Gustaf. Several of the moderators keep accusing me of threatening Lunar, when I did nothing of the sort. It's just bizarre but I guess I haven't done anything offensive enough to earn their scorn lately so they just make stuff up.

I think we all know the reason for that - the moderation of this forum has for a long time merely been a cover for the grand conspiracy against you.

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2011, 03:33:11 pm »
Ignore

I think we all know the reason for that - the moderation of this forum has for a long time merely been a cover for the grand conspiracy against you.

Quit trolling.

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2011, 03:41:23 pm »
Ignore

Quit trolling.

Well, why would we otherwise be working 24/7 manufacturing lies to slander your reputation? It's not as if any of your behaviour has ever been in any way objectionable.

I even heard some moderators have claimed that you called someone a pathetic suicidal alcoholic loser. That's a pretty serious accusation to fabricate about someone.

bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2011, 04:36:34 pm »
Ignore

Anyway, moving beyond Gustaf's baiting, if Walter's reading this I would like to apologize. I would of course understand if he doesn't accept it or change his opinion of me, given how much it was "below the belt" as he aptly put it at the time. I really have no excuse for it, it was just an unnecessary personal attack and I truly do regret it. So, I'm sorry Walter.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:38:14 pm by bgwah »Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout