Note to StatesRights
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:03:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Note to StatesRights
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Note to StatesRights  (Read 4921 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2004, 09:56:32 AM »

Your last two posts have called people 'idiots' and 'morons'.  Please try to make your arguments in other ways.

Thanks
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 09:59:34 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2004, 09:59:50 AM by Senator StatesRights »

Your last two posts have called people 'idiots' and 'morons'.  Please try to make your arguments in other ways.

Thanks

Please point out the lies of your side of the aisle before you call me on anything. Thanks.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 10:00:23 AM »

I am not saying you lied, I just think name-calling outside of the fantasy board is counterproductive.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 10:02:22 AM »

I am not saying you lied, I just think name-calling outside of the fantasy board is counterproductive.

Name-calling is counter-productive, period, on or off the fantasy board.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 10:02:36 AM »

What about inside the fantasy board?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 10:04:37 AM »

Then it's very productive.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 10:05:47 AM »

Then it's very productive.

I see. I'll keep that in mind, when writing posts on that board.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 10:05:47 AM »

You people name call all the time and get a free pass. Swift Cowards is on name among others I have seen. This board has been taken over by left liberals. I will no longer be wasting my my time on this board. I will probably stick to Fantasy or HIstory. The Democrats hate for America and support of outright lies make me want to puke. God Bless America.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 10:07:09 AM »

You people name call all the time and get a free pass. Swift Cowards is on name among others I have seen. This board has been taken over by left liberals. I will no longer be wasting my my time on this board. I will probably stick to Fantasy or HIstory. The Democrats hate for America and support of outright lies make me want to puke. God Bless America.

The Democrats hate for America? What hate? It is possible to despise the government but still love your country. It's what republicans did throughout the 1990's.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 10:08:32 AM »

Statesrights,

JNB is not a liberal, first of all, and second of all he did not call another posted a coward, he called the anti-Kerry veteran group a bunch of cowards.  I prefer a different choice of words than he used, but he did not call a fellow poster a coward.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2004, 10:13:05 AM »

Statesrights,

JNB is not a liberal, first of all, and second of all he did not call another posted a coward, he called the anti-Kerry veteran group a bunch of cowards.  I prefer a different choice of words than he used, but he did not call a fellow poster a coward.

The fact is he called veterans a coward. Sixty seven people are most likely not wrong. Kerry is getting what he deserves.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2004, 10:14:26 AM »

The fact is he called veterans a coward. Sixty seven people are most likely not wrong. Kerry is getting what he deserves.

states you are missing the point here and most likely intentionally.

You called posters on this board morons and idiots, JNB called another group, foreign to this board, cowards.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2004, 10:16:03 AM »

Geez, lighten up, States!  Did you get up on the wrong side of bed this morning?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2004, 10:17:12 AM »

Statesrights,

They are backed by Bush people and there are plenty of people who served with Kerry who support him. Also, they are using the term, served with, very loosly. They are using it as loosly as this, "When I was in France and and my friend was in Japan, we served together in the Army."

How come the Dr. didn't sign any of Kerry's medical papers? There are a lot of questions being raised, and some of them are being answered, mainly by the New York Times, Washington Post, and Chicago Tribune. The CT is definitly not a liberal paper, definitly not.  
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2004, 10:27:43 AM »

StatesRights and I have crossed swords in the past and despite I disagreed with what he said, at least I knew he had some reason behind it, well no longer. His posts have become more knee-jerk and undeniably irrational. Lets get some things straight

1. Bush supporting independents attack Kerry's military record. Bush stays silent. In retaliation, a Kerry supporting independent group attacks Bush's miltiary 'record'. Kerry condemns the ad. Who did the right thing? John Kerry, whether you support him or despise him did the right thing.

2. In 2000, again, independent Bush supporting groups ran ads against John McCain- firstly accusing him of the the same things that Kerry was accused of, and secondly, attacking the fact that John McCain had adopted a Vietnamese child.

3. American troops commited atrocities in Vietnam. End of story. Kerry, in the early 70's highlighted these atrocities. Unpatriotic? Backstabbing? No. Fast forward Iraq 2004, Lynsey England and the Iraqi torture photos show that American troops commited atrocities in Iraq. It happens, hell British troops did the same thing for years. That is not the point, NO-ONE should criticise anybody, whether a civilian or military personel, for highlighting lapses in sanity under pressure in war-zones.

4. Kerry does not deserve to be attacked over his military record, and neither should Bush. They both deserve to be attacked and attack each about their policies in relation to the race for the presidency.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2004, 10:29:08 AM »

But of course you conveniently look over Moveon.org who has direct connections to Kerry. I love the Democrats double standards.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2004, 10:30:02 AM »

StatesRights and I have crossed swords in the past and despite I disagreed with what he said, at least I knew he had some reason behind it, well no longer. His posts have become more knee-jerk and undeniably irrational. Lets get some things straight

1. Bush supporting independents attack Kerry's military record. Bush stays silent. In retaliation, a Kerry supporting independent group attacks Bush's miltiary 'record'. Kerry condemns the ad. Who did the right thing? John Kerry, whether you support him or despise him did the right thing.

2. In 2000, again, independent Bush supporting groups ran ads against John McCain- firstly accusing him of the the same things that Kerry was accused of, and secondly, attacking the fact that John McCain had adopted a Vietnamese child.

3. American troops commited atrocities in Vietnam. End of story. Kerry, in the early 70's highlighted these atrocities. Unpatriotic? Backstabbing? No. Fast forward Iraq 2004, Lynsey England and the Iraqi torture photos show that American troops commited atrocities in Iraq. It happens, hell British troops did the same thing for years. That is not the point, NO-ONE should criticise anybody, whether a civilian or military personel, for highlighting lapses in sanity under pressure in war-zones.

4. Kerry does not deserve to be attacked over his military record, and neither should Bush. They both deserve to be attacked and attack each about their policies in relation to the race for the presidency.

You summed it up a lot better than I could, that's for sure. Moveon should quit attacking Bush's military record though, they should be able to find other stuff, like the "Switch" ads.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2004, 10:31:57 AM »

You summed it up a lot better than I could, that's for sure. Moveon should quit attacking Bush's military record though, they should be able to find other stuff, like the "Switch" ads.

Money spent by Moveon and DNC to bash Bush : 62 Million

Money spent by SwiftVet.com : 500k

Word.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2004, 10:33:34 AM »

States Rights. Did you not read point 4? I'd have a look at it again if I were you.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2004, 10:34:04 AM »

Word.

If you are going to count DNC money you should also count RNC money.

Plus Kerry condemned an anti-Bush ad recently.  Why no 'word' for him on that?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2004, 10:34:16 AM »

States Rights. Did you not read point 4? I'd have a look at it again if I were you.

Kerrys military "achievements" show how he woudl act as president. His record is fair game.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2004, 10:35:02 AM »

Kerrys military "achievements" show how he woudl act as president. His record is fair game.

Then so are Bush's military "achievements"
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2004, 10:35:14 AM »

No no, Read it again StatesRights.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2004, 10:35:40 AM »

Word.

If you are going to count DNC money you should also count RNC money.

Plus Kerry condemned an anti-Bush ad recently.  Why no 'word' for him on that?

Kerry condemned ONE ad! Oh, wow, big step. Lets forget the other 50 or so their have already been! And Bush condemned all soft money ads. Anyway the whole McCain/Feingold thing was a joke and is unconstitutional. Obviously they didn't really want to to reform election campaigning.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2004, 10:37:38 AM »

Oh and I'm not a Democrat, i'm a Tony Blair supporting British New Labourite, who supported the war in Iraq. I just don't see why Americans get so hung up on military records.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies