Battle of the Countries: ROUND 2 - Italy vs Estonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:19:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Battle of the Countries: ROUND 2 - Italy vs Estonia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Pick your favourite...
Italy

Estonia

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Battle of the Countries: ROUND 2 - Italy vs Estonia  (Read 1351 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »

Previous round:
South Korea    -7 (30.4%)
Norway         -16 (69.6%)
This was quite similar to the Iceland -  Japan round, but South Korea lacking the Japanese fanbase, was defeated handily. Perhaps I should have mentioned this.
In this final round of this quarter of the Bracket, is Estonia against Italy. I give the edge to Italy, but Estonia also has its fans.
Here is the bracket.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 04:23:08 PM »

Viva Italia!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

Eh. Estonia will probably be a nicer place to live ten to twenty years from now, so I'll go with Estonia.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 04:30:50 PM »

I actually expect this to be a real battle.

Eh. Estonia will probably be a nicer place to live ten to twenty years from now, so I'll go with Estonia.

Your reason?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 04:31:38 PM »

Italy has a better history and presumably a better looking country geography wise, but I'm voting for the country who's freedoms are new and still cherished.  The country that while living next to the great bear (and being occupied by it for half a century), still has the balls to give it the finger.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 04:49:36 PM »

Your reason?

Estonia is developing extremely quickly, and will soon reach Western-level economic development. At that point, it will be more livable than Italy, which is a Western country with all sorts of large pockets of undeveloped backwater which resemble Turkey or the Balkans. Italy has had since WWII to improve and hasn't; Estonia has had two decades and has.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »

Your reason?

Estonia is developing extremely quickly, and will soon reach Western-level economic development. At that point, it will be more livable than Italy, which is a Western country with all sorts of large pockets of undeveloped backwater which resemble Turkey or the Balkans. Italy has had since WWII to improve and hasn't; Estonia has had two decades and has.

I wouldn't say that Italy hasn't developed or improve since WWII but I will say that I am worried about the near non existant population growth.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »

Well, no, Italy has improved since WWII, it just hasn't improved relative to other nations.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 05:32:58 PM »

Italy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 06:34:38 PM »

Estonia is a great bastion of freedom. Italy...well, let's just say I've never been a real fan. Their politics are horrible, their military is horrible I don't like their football and I don't even like pizza all that much. Sorry, Phil, don't kill me. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 12:59:49 AM »

Estonia is a great bastion of freedom. Italy...well, let's just say I've never been a real fan. Their politics are horrible, their military is horrible I don't like their football and I don't even like pizza all that much. Sorry, Phil, don't kill me. Wink

Jealous that our meatballs get a little more attention, Gustaf? Yeah, I thought so.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 01:00:43 AM »

Estonia....beating Italy? lol...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 06:58:21 AM »

ESTONIA!!!!!!!!!!!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »

Jealous that our meatballs get a little more attention, Gustaf? Yeah, I thought so.

Lol...meatballs. Don't you have Finnish food to insult? Tongue
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 02:28:13 PM »

Italy has a better history and presumably a better looking country geography wise, but I'm voting for the country who's freedoms are new and still cherished.  The country that while living next to the great bear (and being occupied by it for half a century), still has the balls to give it the finger.
Yes, it's certainly difficult to be brave when you have the backing of the world's only superpower.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 02:31:09 PM »

Yes, it's certainly difficult to be brave when you have the backing of the world's only superpower.
Tell that to these people.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »

Tell that to these people.
Sorry, I don't see what this has to do with Estonia.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »

Seriously?  You JUST SAID:
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 03:08:07 PM »

Seriously?  You JUST SAID:
The two situations are not comparable at all: one is a country in NATO, bordering a hostile country, and the other is a country facing an internal insurrection.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies