"Poors" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:46:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  "Poors" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Poors"  (Read 5327 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 31, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »

I dunno... "Poors" has a good ring to it. ...and so does "Riches".
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »

"poors" sounds really condescending to me.

That's the whole idea.  One should try to reflect their real status in the social heirarchy - and they are unimaginablely low and hopeless and oppressed.

Exactly. It's not good to be poor.

I also like to use "poors" because it gives us freedom  of expression where conventional English language deprives us of such freedom.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:42:28 PM »

What do you mean? Do you think it is good to be poor? Poverty sucks. That's why we are the party of the working man. It sucks to be poor. Democrats think it is bad to be poor. Republicans think it is wrong to be poor.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »

and you just said that they are better because of the welfare state. How could they be worse off? Are you sure your thinking is more based on folklore than reality?

And does Staates mean that poor people want to be poor and that's why they shouldn't be given a chance?

I have never met a person that likes the fact they are poor. Being poor makes life harder. Maybe if they have a good life now if they are poor, they will have a better life if they had a reasonable shot at not being poor anymore.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 03:07:02 PM »

So great. Big companies give you cell phones... then again, I think that is a argument to make. That argument is that technological advancement does trickle down. ...but my question is how much of the economic growth really matters to most people.

I don't give a sh**t if the maket passed 15,000 and that the GPD is up 4% on the year and that Unemployment is under 5% if I make $40,000 now, $40,000 tommorow and $40,000 when am too old to work. The change in the size of the economy doesn't really effect me if all of the action is at the top.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies