Mississippi Primary Runoff results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:21:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mississippi Primary Runoff results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi Primary Runoff results  (Read 933 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
« edited: April 01, 2008, 10:26:37 PM by Senator meekermariner »

Three runoffs today. In MS-01, Southaven Mayor Greg Davis has narrowly edged out ex-Tupelo Mayor Glenn McCullough by 600 or so votes (51% - 49%). Travis Childers, who's the Prentiss County Chancery Clerk (whatever the hell that is), beat State Rep. Steve Holland 57% - 43%. I recall a discussion back on March 11th about how certain geography and candidates could make this competitive in the general, but I don't remember which candidates that applied to. Hopefully locals can enlighten us.

Also not clear how the April 22nd primary for the special election is going to be affected by this (all four candidates are on that ballot).

In MS-03, Gregg Harper, an attorney and party official, beat State Senator Charlie Ross 57% - 43% and will go on to defeat some sort of pathetic Democratic candidate in November and will hold the seat for as long as he wishes. Congrats Gregg.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:22:38 PM »

Harper over Ross = surprise.  Or maybe it shouldn't've been, since I didn't pay close attention lately, but Ross was definitely a better known figure.  But congrats to Harper on essentially being a Congressman-elect.

Steve Holland was the man I thought could potentially make MS-1 a longshot competitive district, so kiss that one goodbye too.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 12:20:54 AM »

I was really suprised that Davis won MS-1 primary. DeSoto County really turned out for him. It also helped that DeSoto is substantially more Republican than the rest of the district. Score one more seat for Metro Memphis Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies