When does all of this end?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:21:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  When does all of this end?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: When does all of this end?  (Read 2692 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »

Mike, we'll probably have to agree not to ever talk about this forum in our campaigns when you and I are the nominees for president in 2040.

Sure thing, although we might bring it up during your concession phone call to me.
jesmo

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 01:52:44 PM »

I will unseat Harry in the 2044 Election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 11:20:28 PM »

I've thought of this, too, and a lot of it is for political reasons. But political futures aside, it will be really sad when this place just dies. As much as I may dislike some people here, this is my big internet family. We are hardly ever a peaceful family but our battles actually keep us together in a weird way.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 11:30:55 PM »

Mike, we'll probably have to agree not to ever talk about this forum in our campaigns when you and I are the nominees for president in 2040.

Sure thing, although we might bring it up during your concession phone call to me.

Then I will meet with President Naso at the White House, where he'll call me a Man of Steel Tongue
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 11:42:56 PM »

I've thought of this, too, and a lot of it is for political reasons. But political futures aside, it will be really sad when this place just dies. As much as I may dislike some people here, this is my big internet family. We are hardly ever a peaceful family but our battles actually keep us together in a weird way.

I think Facebook is a good tool for our generation to keep touch for atleast several years. I am friends with people I haven't spoken to since 3rd grade 10 years ago.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 12:23:17 AM »

That will likely be a long way down the road.

Communities that last are centered around something that has sustainable appeal. Political rambling will likely never go out of style. Assuming that the site itself doesn't fall apart, the board will likely get new generations of users every few years, with fewer and fewer "oldies" staying active as they move on in life. That's the way most sustainable internet communities operate.

When friendships made on the internet become "real" they're much more sustainable though. You don't need the to Atlas to keep in touch.

You just need love.

Love.

;-;
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 12:27:14 AM »

It ends when I say it does.

The End.

Alright, pack it up everybody.  This forum is over.  Let's go.  Single file line to the exits on your left and right.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 12:34:15 AM »

That will likely be a long way down the road.

Communities that last are centered around something that has sustainable appeal. Political rambling will likely never go out of style. Assuming that the site itself doesn't fall apart, the board will likely get new generations of users every few years, with fewer and fewer "oldies" staying active as they move on in life. That's the way most sustainable internet communities operate.

When friendships made on the internet become "real" they're much more sustainable though. You don't need the to Atlas to keep in touch.

You just need love.

Love.

;-;

I actually have friendships from the forum that exist off the forum but it doesn't mean I wouldn't miss the others whenever we go our seperate ways.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 12:58:04 AM »

This reminds me of my first internet forum. It was just one board on a giant teen orientated site but we developed a following there. Then it began to collapse and we moved onto other forums, the board's traffic slowed down greatly (it used to be we'd fill up 20 pages a day, no joke, then it got to the point of posts from a week ago on the front page) and then eventually the site gave in and basically changed itself into just another MySpace clone (though it kept a separate site open for the boards, even though somewhat ironically basically no teens use them except for very old and adult teens (18-19), people who started using them when they were teens.) Of course neither I or any of the original crew still use it.

However some people from that site still hang out on another board I frequent even though we no longer associate ourselves with that. One is now engaged. That blows my mind frankly. Another commented on my LiveJournal relatively recently, she's now working in DC. Love this quote from her, so true: "When did we get old?"
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 01:05:09 AM »

I know in the military I will be able to "keep in touch" but not to the extent I have for the last four years. Now, for those on my Facebook...I can probably keep touch longer. Hell, I'm still good friends with a guy I met in Kindergarden in 1995....13 years ago. We were good friends from 1995-1997...then he moved away...and then he came back and we were really close from 2000-2001...when he moved away to Michigan. I've seen him every year except 2003 and 2005, and supposedly he's now getting married and wants to get out of Michigan and come back here to Ohio. I see no reason why friends online can not keep in touch for decades....the internet is something no generation has ever had before...so we will have to wait and see...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »

Actually it can end whenever you like (well, assuming you don't wait too long).

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 12:10:45 AM »

It ends when I say it does.

The End.

Alright, pack it up everybody.  This forum is over.  Let's go.  Single file line to the exits on your left and right.

WHat about the door in the back that says "EMERGENCY EXIT"? Can we use it?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 12:11:56 AM »

This is the End, my only friend the End.......
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies