Planned Parenthood and racism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:08:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Planned Parenthood and racism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Planned Parenthood and racism  (Read 2377 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:08:20 AM »

I got ridiculed about saying it before, so what about all the videos available at this website which documents a racist caller saying he wants his money to go to aborting African Americans, and the Planned Parenthood person said, "Understandable.  Understandable."

http://www.laadvocate.com/
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 12:14:33 AM »

even if the quote is perfectly in context, this only 'documents' the opinion of one person rather than the organization at-large.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:17:49 AM »

even if the quote is perfectly in context, this only 'documents' the opinion of one person rather than the organization at-large.

There's more than 1 example - go to the site and play the videos for yourself - they were just playing them on the news, and that's how I found the website.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:25:45 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2008, 12:27:29 AM by Alcon »

OK, I want to start by saying this is despicable and they should clearly have denied the donations.

But this does not really prove to me that Planned Parenthood is out to exterminate blacks, as that they're out to get donations.  The Ohio woman clearly disagreed with what the guy was saying, the New Mexico woman kept trying to shift it into "aiding a minority in need," and he didn't even do his "affirmative action" spiel with the Oklahoma woman.  The Idaho woman (mis-labeled with a Columbus address) should be especially ashamed of herself.

But I still really think this was whoring for donations more than anything.

It reminds me of that TV student done with cabs a while back.  They had cab drivers start ranting racistly and saw how many people went along with it, or even joined them.  If I recall correctly, very few didn't at least casually condone it, and few spoke out against it directly.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 12:54:32 AM »

The fake donor sounds like a Republican.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:55:24 AM »

The fake donor sounds like a Republican.

I'm sure he was.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 02:54:30 AM »

I agree with the sentiment that although there are numbers of reports of this sort that it only condemns the individuals instead of Planned Parenthood as a whole. They just wanted to get more money, if they have to go along with whatever that's fine. Do you think whoever is working the lines will deny the caller the ability to donate for any reason at all? They're getting paid not to.

Anyway, I don't get the inevitable ulterior motive to this thread. Are you trying to say that advocates for pro-choice organisations all have their reasons based in some sort of 'soft' genocide? What the hell? Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 02:58:23 AM »

I agree with the sentiment that although there are numbers of reports of this sort that it only condemns the individuals instead of Planned Parenthood as a whole. They just wanted to get more money, if they have to go along with whatever that's fine. Do you think whoever is working the lines will deny the caller the ability to donate for any reason at all? They're getting paid not to.

Anyway, I don't get the inevitable ulterior motive to this thread. Are you trying to say that advocates for pro-choice organisations all have their reasons based in some sort of 'soft' genocide? What the hell? Smiley

So getting money that way is acceptable?  I guarantee that if somebody donated money to the McCain campaign saying "I'm giving you money because I don't want a black dude in office" this entire forum would be up in arms against McCain and every one of his staff members.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 03:05:09 AM »

I guarantee that if somebody donated money to the McCain campaign saying "I'm giving you money because I don't want a black dude in office" this entire forum would be up in arms against McCain and every one of his staff members.

Chances are that has already happened thousands of times anyways.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 03:08:19 AM »

So getting money that way is acceptable?  I guarantee that if somebody donated money to the McCain campaign saying "I'm giving you money because I don't want a black dude in office" this entire forum would be up in arms against McCain and every one of his staff members.

I'm certainly not saying that it's acceptable. Much to the contrary, it's despicable, as I'm sure we agree. All that I'm saying is that I can understand from the perspective of the people working the lines.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »

And the insurance companies profit off of your loved one's cancer...

Some things in life are pretty disgusting.  Neither side seeks to right all of those wrongs.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 11:49:15 AM »

I doubt these are even direct Planned Parenthood employees. Outsourced Call Centers are disgusting and need to be banned, full stop. Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 12:12:36 PM »

I doubt these are even direct Planned Parenthood employees. Outsourced Call Centers are disgusting and need to be banned, full stop. Tongue

They are.  They're vice presidents and directors and such.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 12:55:43 PM »

This is just another one of those triangulation peices of crap that try to show that the left is so far to the left, that they are far-right and that the right is really in the middle. If anything, this is Sophistry in its highest form.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 01:00:20 AM »

And when they government runs health care like you'd hope, they'll profit off it to. Roll Eyes
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »

Some things in life are pretty disgusting.  Neither side seeks to right all of those wrongs.

Lol...don't forget the doctors. Or the police who profit off of crime. Or the firemen who makes money on fires! Abolish all of it, I say.

And Inks. great job. If you keep this going it could turn into another PA-13.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 09:16:11 AM »

Planned Parenthood itself might not be racist, but the origins of the abortion-rights and contraceptic movements are found in....

EUGENICS!

That's right, the creation of a perfect, productive society through mastering the race. In this case, the 'white race'.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 12:06:48 AM »

criss-cross triangulation, eh? ...and remember, the Iraq War has its roots in Communist Ideology.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 12:09:03 AM »

Lol...don't forget the doctors. Or the police who profit off of crime. Or the firemen who makes money on fires! Abolish all of it, I say.

And Inks. great job. If you keep this going it could turn into another PA-13.

At least when the latter do their job, they get paid for it. These insurance companies, as it stands now at least, are paid NOT to do their job. Hell, I was thinking of dipping my beak into it by taking Insurance Law, but alas, its only a 2 credit course.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 10:29:23 AM »

Planned Parenthood itself might not be racist, but the origins of the abortion-rights and contraceptic movements are found in....

EUGENICS!

That's right, the creation of a perfect, productive society through mastering the race. In this case, the 'white race'.

Are you mocking me or agreeing with me?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 05:15:07 AM »

EUGENICS!

What I said was true, but it also doesn't reflect current views whatsoever.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »

EUGENICS!

What I said was true, but it also doesn't reflect current views whatsoever.

Exactly, and PNAC and it's project iRaq, was once based on a Radical-Left ideology that said that all of the average person's problems could be dealt with by constant violence.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 01:47:46 AM »

And when they government runs health care like you'd hope, they'll profit off it to. Roll Eyes

Uh, no. Health care will be free, so the state won't profit.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 03:27:14 AM »

Uh, no. Health care will be free, so the state won't profit.
FUNNY!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 08:51:21 AM »

It's not really an issue of profit. It would really be an issue of whether they will be given an oppurtunity to not do their work for money. ...and if the government profits, wouldn't that mean less taxes?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies