marital status
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:13:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  marital status
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: marital status  (Read 30435 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2004, 05:35:36 PM »

Also, "all work and no play makes Phil a dull boy"

For someone that doesn't know me personally, I don't think you can call me "dull."
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2004, 05:36:13 PM »

Phil, you are quite a prude there.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2004, 05:36:41 PM »

Having a girlfriend or boyfriend when you are a teenager can mean very different things to different people.  I had a "girlfriend" for most of 6th grade (when I was 12)...but we barely even kissed.  A lot of people had girlfriends then, largely because it made the dances and stuff a lot less stressful, but I don't think anyone in my class was doing anything inappropriate for their age.  
How could anyone have a problem with that?

BTW, I am single, but have been with my girlfriend for more than 2 years.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2004, 05:36:48 PM »

For someone that doesn't know me personally, I don't think you can call me "dull."

Lol, t'was a joke, it is from a movie "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2004, 05:37:52 PM »

Once again, for someone who does not know me personally, don't judge me in these areas. I guess it's suddenly horrible to be critical of teenage relationships. If so, oh well. There are many others that agree with me and yes they are teenagers too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2004, 05:38:35 PM »

Lol, t'was a joke, it is from a movie "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

I don't see many movies...oh wait...darn that shows I am pretty dull! Tongue
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2004, 05:40:18 PM »

The Shining.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2004, 05:41:39 PM »

The Shining.

Haven't seen it.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2004, 05:47:52 PM »

Verin, we are both anti-drug legalization but we don't agree at all when it comes to teenage relationships. They are very annoying. I can't believe someone like yourself, 13 years old, would have an almost year long relationship.

Sorry, what is wrong with a teenager having a boyfriend/girlfriend?

It depends on the people. The "relationships" I have seen get so ridiculous. They want to turn them into mini-soap operas, all the drama.

Who says wanted to do that?

Don't you realize that we were together for 11-1/2 months?  Generally soap opera plot lines don't last that long Wink >P

Anyway, I don't like the assumption that I'm too immature to have a relationship if I'm this young.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2004, 05:48:30 PM »

Having a girlfriend or boyfriend when you are a teenager can mean very different things to different people.  I had a "girlfriend" for most of 6th grade (when I was 12)...but we barely even kissed.

I never kissed... but I tried to hug every day Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2004, 05:55:38 PM »

Verin, we are both anti-drug legalization but we don't agree at all when it comes to teenage relationships. They are very annoying. I can't believe someone like yourself, 13 years old, would have an almost year long relationship.

It depends on the people. The "relationships" I have seen get so ridiculous. They want to turn them into mini-soap operas, all the drama.
Don't you realize that we were together for 11-1/2 months?  Generally soap opera plot lines don't last that long Wink >P

Anyway, I don't like the assumption that I'm too immature to have a relationship if I'm this young.

You must be mature enough to handle it. The soaps don't last long, I know and that's what the majority of these relationships are - week long couples that fill their lives with drama.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2004, 05:58:06 PM »

You must be mature enough to handle it. The soaps don't last long, I know and that's what the majority of these relationships are - week long couples that fill their lives with drama.

Hmmm, you Americans are nuts! Of all my friends who currently have boyfriends/girlfriends, they have been together for several months already, around half a year I believe.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2004, 05:58:23 PM »

Well, do you think I don't know?  We saw them every day, and we were just glad we weren't one of them! Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2004, 05:59:13 PM »

The Shining.

Haven't seen it.

Jack says that line after he's gone psychopathic and starts killing people.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2004, 06:00:27 PM »

I'm 19 and have yet to ever have a relationship.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2004, 06:00:51 PM »

The Shining.

Haven't seen it.

Jack says that line after he's gone psychopathic and starts killing people.

LOL shhhhhhhhhhhh
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2004, 06:07:21 PM »

Well, do you think I don't know?  We saw them every day, and we were just glad we weren't one of them! Tongue

Good for you, Verin. It's unfortunate that too many fall into the typical teenage 2 week long relationship. The best is when they are together for all of a week and a half and say they really love each other.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2004, 06:13:36 PM »

Good for you, Verin. It's unfortunate that too many fall into the typical teenage 2 week long relationship. The best is when they are together for all of a week and a half and say they really love each other.

That may be the case at around age 14 but by 16 it is a lot different, here at least anyway.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2004, 06:17:42 PM »

I'm younger than that, but haven't had one either. At my age, at least, I'm not sure it's worth it, as far as what you have to do. A lot of it's fake, anyway.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2004, 06:20:10 PM »

Having a girlfriend or boyfriend when you are a teenager can mean very different things to different people.  I had a "girlfriend" for most of 6th grade (when I was 12)...but we barely even kissed.

I never kissed... but I tried to hug every day Smiley

Yes, a relationship at that age has a different connotation than one in the later teens.  There's nothing wrong with holding hands and hugging, it's just not the same thing as a real relationship.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2004, 06:40:56 PM »

Hmmm, you Americans are nuts! Of all my friends who currently have boyfriends/girlfriends, they have been together for several months already, around half a year I believe.

It's not all of us that are nuts Wink

That is currently the scenario with my associates also...
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2004, 07:28:29 PM »

You insane math fool! Smiley
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2004, 07:33:22 PM »

I'm younger than that, but haven't had one either. At my age, at least, I'm not sure it's worth it, as far as what you have to do. A lot of it's fake, anyway.

I'm 20. It's only recently that I've actively begun to try to get a relationship. Most of the girls in my high school...well, let's just say they didn't meet my intellectual needs.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2004, 08:39:12 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2004, 08:40:08 PM by jmfcst »

Married, three kids, another one on the way.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2004, 09:08:06 PM »

I'm 20. It's only recently that I've actively begun to try to get a relationship. Most of the girls in my high school...well, let's just say they didn't meet my intellectual needs.

I like you already. Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies