marital status
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:48:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  marital status
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: marital status  (Read 30355 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2004, 01:10:52 AM »

I had a girlfriend once, but she got sick of my Hoover quotes

You? Quoting Hoover? No way... Tongue

She was also angry about my politicial views (especially my oppositon to abortion).

Many girls our age seem to be turning pro life, actually.

You must mean the ones in your pro-life or Republican clubs at Ryan.  Got news for you buddy, it will be different when you get to college!  And you will be thankful for the pro-choice movement especially when you are seeking a significant other.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2004, 01:16:48 AM »

I'm personally not "tragically" single.  I'm not really interested in looking until I'm out of university and have a firm job.  Right now I have way too many other things on my plate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2004, 01:17:52 AM »

I had a girlfriend once, but she got sick of my Hoover quotes

You? Quoting Hoover? No way... Tongue

She was also angry about my politicial views (especially my oppositon to abortion).

Many girls our age seem to be turning pro life, actually.

You must mean the ones in your pro-life or Republican clubs at Ryan.  Got news for you buddy, it will be different when you get to college!  And you will be thankful for the pro-choice movement especially when you are seeking a significant other.

Well buddy, I have spoken to girls at school who 1) aren't in pro life clubs and 2) could care less about politics and the GOP and they consider themselves pro life. My generation is a pro life generation. And no I won't be thankful for the pro choice movement when looking for a significant other. Please don't make me sick.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2004, 01:33:05 AM »

Of course when you leave the brainwashing of an Archdiocsean Catholic high school, you will become more liberal and more open to different points of view.  It's easier to be pro-life in the confines of a Catholic high school.  

Speaking of Philadelphia Catholic high schools, they have higher teen pregnancy rates than the suburban public schools.  Know why?  Yes, they have greater access to abortion and they aren't brainwashed into oppression.  Ok, so they have a "conscience".  I got news for you it may actually better if some of the girls had an abortion.  It interrupts their education, and they are forced to live with the 25 year old putz in a labor job that impregnated them and go nowhere in life.  Yeah, i know you... You're gonna stick your nose up and say...  "well they shouldn't have spead their legs".  It's sweet you want to "protect the unborn", but I got news for you, in reality it's a lto different.  Do you honestly think even Allyson Schwartz loves the concept of having to termiante a pregnancy?  Of course not, but she and I feel there may be times it's for the better!  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2004, 01:38:38 AM »

Of course when you leave the brainwashing of an Archdiocsean Catholic high school, you will become more liberal and more open to different points of view.  It's easier to be pro-life in the confines of a Catholic high school.

Are you afraid that some of us think for ourselves and are actually pro life, Handzus? Does that scare you? I think it does. Quit blaming the Catholic schools for why I am conservative and pro life. Like all of your arguements, it's getting very old.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't think anyone loves that idea however I'd like to bring up the point that Schwartz did open an abortion clinic before entering politics. Just thought I'd fill you in on that.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2004, 01:47:55 AM »

Well, I am thinking for myself, went to an Archdioscean school, and I am pro-choice!  All of my sister's friends went to one and are as well.  I am sure that there are plenty of girls in Ryan that are as well.  If you're telling me they are all pro-life you are lying to me.  Ok, I will give you this.. most of Northeast Philadelphia is pro-life.  Not all, but I'd say over 65%-70%.  This is more or less the age demographic.  the median age for most Northeast zip codes is about 48 compared tot he national median of 37.  This is coupled with the fact that the % over 65 is fairly high.  Most of these people are religiously observant.  I am not a card carrying member of NARAL, but I have good reasons for being pro-choice.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2004, 01:51:55 AM »

Well, I am thinking for myself, went to an Archdioscean school, and I am pro-choice!

Uhhhh ok? Good for you. However, I didn't bring up your own choices and how you reached them. You brought up mine and your reasoning is incorrect.

Yeah there are pro choice girls everywhere but I really do believe that my generation is pro life generation. Now you'll be very ignorant about it and laugh and whatever but I think it's true.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2004, 02:03:57 AM »

Most teenage generatons are pro-life until they have a kid or go to college, whichever comes first.  Most women my age are pro-choice.  I think it is innaccurate to say one generation or another is pro-life/pro-choice.  Some generation lean either way.  I'd say men 18-29 and women of most ages except seniors lean pro-choice.  Most others lean pro-life.  
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2004, 06:02:51 AM »

Well, I am thinking for myself, went to an Archdioscean school, and I am pro-choice!

Uhhhh ok? Good for you. However, I didn't bring up your own choices and how you reached them. You brought up mine and your reasoning is incorrect.

Yeah there are pro choice girls everywhere but I really do believe that my generation is pro life generation. Now you'll be very ignorant about it and laugh and whatever but I think it's true.

You cannot determine the beliefs of a whole generation by the way those around you are, it will be a completely mixed bag split roughly evenly, go to Massachusetts or New York and you will find many with conflicting views to you that are your age. I am the same age as you and almost everyone I know (bar one or two) are pro-choice, does that mean they represent the views of the entire generation? Of course not, our generation has a good few million people in it and they will be pretty evenly split I'd say with their views shaped by those of their parents and also their education. You go to a Catholic school, would you not expect them to be pro-life? I go to a private school here and most are pro-choice.

Two small schools aren't representative of an entire population in fact they are probably less representative than most schools being that most people are at a regular school, be it a high school there or a comprehensive here so neither of our schools are likely to be representative of the general populace as neither of our schools are attended by those of a broad range of social class, religion and ethnicity. I doubt even ten percent of those in our generation, in America alone are attending Catholic school.

With an entire generation, it would be impossible to tell from a small sample how they view the world.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2004, 06:13:33 AM »

NO divorcees?!? wow!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2004, 06:18:58 AM »

Not necessarily, a few may have been divorced and have now re-married or be with a partner now or something.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2004, 06:51:56 AM »

i realised that, but i still would've thought that there would be some divorcees that hadn't hooked up yet.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2004, 09:28:01 AM »

Well, I am thinking for myself, went to an Archdioscean school, and I am pro-choice!  All of my sister's friends went to one and are as well.  I am sure that there are plenty of girls in Ryan that are as well.  If you're telling me they are all pro-life you are lying to me.  Ok, I will give you this.. most of Northeast Philadelphia is pro-life.  Not all, but I'd say over 65%-70%.  This is more or less the age demographic.  the median age for most Northeast zip codes is about 48 compared tot he national median of 37.  This is coupled with the fact that the % over 65 is fairly high.  Most of these people are religiously observant.  I am not a card carrying member of NARAL, but I have good reasons for being pro-choice.  

LOL. Becuase you went to a Catholic school means that they're pro-life- HAH. It's not uncommon that Catholic schools get Planned Parenthood workers to come to the school and talk about the "options" of a "unwanted pregnancy".
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2004, 09:39:30 AM »

You cannot determine the beliefs of a whole generation by the way those around you are, it will be a completely mixed bag split roughly evenly, go to Massachusetts or New York and you will find many with conflicting views to you that are your age. I am the same age as you and almost everyone I know (bar one or two) are pro-choice, does that mean they represent the views of the entire generation? Of course not, our generation has a good few million people in it and they will be pretty evenly split I'd say with their views shaped by those of their parents and also their education. You go to a Catholic school, would you not expect them to be pro-life? I go to a private school here and most are pro-choice.

Two small schools aren't representative of an entire population in fact they are probably less representative than most schools being that most people are at a regular school, be it a high school there or a comprehensive here so neither of our schools are likely to be representative of the general populace as neither of our schools are attended by those of a broad range of social class, religion and ethnicity. I doubt even ten percent of those in our generation, in America alone are attending Catholic school.

With an entire generation, it would be impossible to tell from a small sample how they view the world.

Well your right my school doesn't represent the entire generation. But the comment that because we are in Catholic school means most would be pro life isn't true. The problem for people like Handzus is that he is afraid that people actually think for themselves. It's never "oh you're a pro life conservative good for you." It's "oh you must be brainwashed. This can't be that you are conservative and pro life at the age of 16!" That's the way he thinks.

And I really am confused with your statement that not even 10% of our generation goes to Catholic schools. Ok? I guess public school and private school students aren't pro life? Look at the south where most kids attend public school. They are, for the most part, pro lifers.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2004, 09:42:26 AM »

Well your right my school doesn't represent the entire generation. But the comment that because we are in Catholic school means most would be pro life isn't true. The problem for people like Handzus is that he is afraid that people actually think for themselves. It's never "oh you're a pro life conservative good for you." It's "oh you must be brainwashed. This can't be that you are conservative and pro life at the age of 16!" That's the way he thinks.

And I really am confused with your statement that not even 10% of our generation goes to Catholic schools. Ok? I guess public school and private school students aren't pro life? Look at the south where most kids attend public school. They are, for the most part, pro lifers.

My point was, if most people you know our age at Catholic school are pro-life, that is in no way representative as less than 10% of our generation would be at a Catholic school. I am not saying that those who don't attend Catholic schools aren't pro-life, but that a model based on Catholic schools cannot be applied to those at a state school.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2004, 10:19:51 AM »

You cannot determine the beliefs of a whole generation by the way those around you are, it will be a completely mixed bag split roughly evenly, go to Massachusetts or <a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=new%20york" onmouseover="window.status='New York'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">New York</a> and you will find many with conflicting views to you that are your age. I am the same age as you and almost everyone I know (bar one or two) are pro-choice, does that mean they represent the views of the entire generation? Of course not, our generation has a good few million people in it and they will be pretty evenly split I'd say with their views shaped by those of their parents and also their education. You go to a Catholic school, would you not expect them to be pro-life? I go to a private school here and most are pro-choice.

Look at the south where most kids attend public school. They are, for the most part, pro lifers.

That's because they are brainwashed, by their parents. There was this one case in Texas where the Girl Scouts (or the cookies they were selling or something) had a link to Planned Parenthood or a group like it. A bunch of parents sued and told the author of the story how it was immoral and how they were protecting their kids from the evil of abortion. The kids were 9 years old.

But most kids are brainwashed by their parents concerning politics and religion. Whether they are pro-choice or pro-life, their parents grilled it into them at a very young age.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2004, 01:51:16 PM »

You cannot determine the beliefs of a whole generation by the way those around you are, it will be a completely mixed bag split roughly evenly, go to Massachusetts or <a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=new%20york" onmouseover="window.status='New York'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">New York</a> and you will find many with conflicting views to you that are your age. I am the same age as you and almost everyone I know (bar one or two) are pro-choice, does that mean they represent the views of the entire generation? Of course not, our generation has a good few million people in it and they will be pretty evenly split I'd say with their views shaped by those of their parents and also their education. You go to a Catholic school, would you not expect them to be pro-life? I go to a private school here and most are pro-choice.

Look at the south where most kids attend public school. They are, for the most part, pro lifers.

That's because they are brainwashed, by their parents. There was this one case in Texas where the Girl Scouts (or the cookies they were selling or something) had a link to Planned Parenthood or a group like it. A bunch of parents sued and told the author of the story how it was immoral and how they were protecting their kids from the evil of abortion. The kids were 9 years old.

But most kids are brainwashed by their parents concerning politics and religion. Whether they are pro-choice or pro-life, their parents grilled it into them at a very young age.

I don't think I was ever brainwashed by my parents.  Funny I my household, I have a pro-choice mother and a very staunch pro-life father.  They argue about it conststantly.  Same goes for gay marriage and the "War on Drugs."
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2004, 02:08:13 PM »

You cannot determine the beliefs of a whole generation by the way those around you are, it will be a completely mixed bag split roughly evenly, go to Massachusetts or <a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=new%20york" onmouseover="window.status='<a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=new%20york" onmouseover="window.status='New York'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">New York</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">New York</a> and you will find many with conflicting views to you that are your age. I am the same age as you and almost everyone I know (bar one or two) are pro-choice, does that mean they represent the views of the entire generation? Of course not, our generation has a good few million people in it and they will be pretty evenly split I'd say with their views shaped by those of their parents and also their education. You go to a Catholic school, would you not expect them to be pro-life? I go to a private school here and most are pro-choice.

I don't think I was ever brainwashed by my parents.  Funny I my household, I have a pro-choice mother and a very staunch pro-life father.  They argue about it conststantly.  Same goes for gay marriage and the "War on Drugs."

I wouldn't say I was brainwashed, but definitly pro-choice, pro-government helping people values were placed into me at a young age.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2004, 02:22:04 PM »

I certainly wasn't brainwashed. Yes my parents are conservative Republicans and active voters and sure that has had influence on my beliefs but I wasn't brainwashed.
Dr. Cynic
Lawrence Watson
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2004, 04:01:24 PM »

I'm a loser. I'm 16, and I've never been on a date. Oh well, at least you guys keep me company, LOL.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2004, 06:26:42 PM »

I'm a loser. I'm 16, and I've never been on a date. Oh well, at least you guys keep me company, LOL.

I'm 19 and I've never been on a date.

I have you beat. Tongue
Ali
Rookie

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2004, 09:00:19 PM »

Single
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2004, 09:24:42 PM »

I don't really date often. I just flirt a lot. I hate dating because I make such good friendships with some women and then when I date them and we break up (which ultimately always happens) we end up being enemies. The innocent fun of our relationship is lost, so it sucks.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2004, 11:03:03 PM »

Most women will date you as long as you don't do anything really stupid; you just have to initiate the conversation.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2004, 06:33:35 PM »

Married, two children.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length