marital status (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:32:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  marital status (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: marital status  (Read 30559 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: August 23, 2004, 04:49:24 PM »

My partner and I just had our third anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 04:54:23 PM »

I used to have a gf Sad

We were together for 11-1/2 months {whoops, almost put years there Embarrassed Smiley} Smiley

At 13? wtf?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 05:02:14 PM »

Welcome to the club! Smiley With me it is my devilish good looks, you must just be a cutie! Smiley.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 05:25:14 PM »

I don't go by looks, though... I go by something called 'personality'... try it some time!

I also was pretty obsessive about her for about... a year...

lol, I got both Wink and a great deal of modesty too!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 05:32:19 PM »

Verin, we are both anti-drug legalization but we don't agree at all when it comes to teenage relationships. They are very annoying. I can't believe someone like yourself, 13 years old, would have an almost year long relationship.

Sorry, what is wrong with a teenager having a boyfriend/girlfriend?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 05:34:44 PM »

Also, "all work and no play makes Phil a dull boy"
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 05:36:48 PM »

For someone that doesn't know me personally, I don't think you can call me "dull."

Lol, t'was a joke, it is from a movie "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 05:40:18 PM »

For someone that doesn't know me personally, I don't think you can call me "dull."

Lol, t'was a joke, it is from a movie "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

I don't see many movies...oh wait...darn that shows I am pretty dull! Tongue

The Shining.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 05:58:06 PM »

Verin, we are both anti-drug legalization but we don't agree at all when it comes to teenage relationships. They are very annoying. I can't believe someone like yourself, 13 years old, would have an almost year long relationship.

It depends on the people. The "relationships" I have seen get so ridiculous. They want to turn them into mini-soap operas, all the drama.
Don't you realize that we were together for 11-1/2 months?  Generally soap opera plot lines don't last that long Wink >P

Anyway, I don't like the assumption that I'm too immature to have a relationship if I'm this young.

You must be mature enough to handle it. The soaps don't last long, I know and that's what the majority of these relationships are - week long couples that fill their lives with drama.

Hmmm, you Americans are nuts! Of all my friends who currently have boyfriends/girlfriends, they have been together for several months already, around half a year I believe.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 06:00:51 PM »

I don't see many movies...oh wait...darn that shows I am pretty dull! Tongue

The Shining.

Haven't seen it.

Jack says that line after he's gone psychopathic and starts killing people.

LOL shhhhhhhhhhhh
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 06:13:36 PM »

It depends on the people. The "relationships" I have seen get so ridiculous. They want to turn them into mini-soap operas, all the drama.
Don't you realize that we were together for 11-1/2 months?  Generally soap opera plot lines don't last that long Wink >P

Anyway, I don't like the assumption that I'm too immature to have a relationship if I'm this young.

You must be mature enough to handle it. The soaps don't last long, I know and that's what the majority of these relationships are - week long couples that fill their lives with drama.

Well, do you think I don't know?  We saw them every day, and we were just glad we weren't one of them! Tongue

Good for you, Verin. It's unfortunate that too many fall into the typical teenage 2 week long relationship. The best is when they are together for all of a week and a half and say they really love each other.

That may be the case at around age 14 but by 16 it is a lot different, here at least anyway.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 12:00:35 PM »

I used to have a gf Sad

We were together for 11-1/2 months {whoops, almost put years there Embarrassed Smiley} Smiley

Actually I thought girls then were easier.  I'm 24 and you have to be a lot more nowadays to get well any.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Is what gets you butt $$$$$$$$$$$

you need not only $$$, but a bad boy attitude.  a lengthy prison record helps.  also, it doesnt hurt to have about 4 or 5 children with different women.  

stop worrying about personal hygeine and wear your pants falling down.

just be a bad boy because that is what the silly women want.

i think id rather spend the rest of m y life alone than to play those silly games.

Not all girls are like that, not the ones I know at least.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 06:02:51 AM »

Well, I am thinking for myself, went to an Archdioscean school, and I am pro-choice!

Uhhhh ok? Good for you. However, I didn't bring up your own choices and how you reached them. You brought up mine and your reasoning is incorrect.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah there are pro choice girls everywhere but I really do believe that my generation is pro life generation. Now you'll be very ignorant about it and laugh and whatever but I think it's true.

You cannot determine the beliefs of a whole generation by the way those around you are, it will be a completely mixed bag split roughly evenly, go to Massachusetts or New York and you will find many with conflicting views to you that are your age. I am the same age as you and almost everyone I know (bar one or two) are pro-choice, does that mean they represent the views of the entire generation? Of course not, our generation has a good few million people in it and they will be pretty evenly split I'd say with their views shaped by those of their parents and also their education. You go to a Catholic school, would you not expect them to be pro-life? I go to a private school here and most are pro-choice.

Two small schools aren't representative of an entire population in fact they are probably less representative than most schools being that most people are at a regular school, be it a high school there or a comprehensive here so neither of our schools are likely to be representative of the general populace as neither of our schools are attended by those of a broad range of social class, religion and ethnicity. I doubt even ten percent of those in our generation, in America alone are attending Catholic school.

With an entire generation, it would be impossible to tell from a small sample how they view the world.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 06:18:58 AM »

Not necessarily, a few may have been divorced and have now re-married or be with a partner now or something.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 09:42:26 AM »

Well, I am thinking for myself, went to an Archdioscean school, and I am pro-choice!

Uhhhh ok? Good for you. However, I didn't bring up your own choices and how you reached them. You brought up mine and your reasoning is incorrect.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah there are pro choice girls everywhere but I really do believe that my generation is pro life generation. Now you'll be very ignorant about it and laugh and whatever but I think it's true.

You cannot determine the beliefs of a whole generation by the way those around you are, it will be a completely mixed bag split roughly evenly, go to Massachusetts or New York and you will find many with conflicting views to you that are your age. I am the same age as you and almost everyone I know (bar one or two) are pro-choice, does that mean they represent the views of the entire generation? Of course not, our generation has a good few million people in it and they will be pretty evenly split I'd say with their views shaped by those of their parents and also their education. You go to a Catholic school, would you not expect them to be pro-life? I go to a private school here and most are pro-choice.

Two small schools aren't representative of an entire population in fact they are probably less representative than most schools being that most people are at a regular school, be it a high school there or a comprehensive here so neither of our schools are likely to be representative of the general populace as neither of our schools are attended by those of a broad range of social class, religion and ethnicity. I doubt even ten percent of those in our generation, in America alone are attending Catholic school.

With an entire generation, it would be impossible to tell from a small sample how they view the world.

Well your right my school doesn't represent the entire generation. But the comment that because we are in Catholic school means most would be pro life isn't true. The problem for people like Handzus is that he is afraid that people actually think for themselves. It's never "oh you're a pro life conservative good for you." It's "oh you must be brainwashed. This can't be that you are conservative and pro life at the age of 16!" That's the way he thinks.

And I really am confused with your statement that not even 10% of our generation goes to Catholic schools. Ok? I guess public school and private school students aren't pro life? Look at the south where most kids attend public school. They are, for the most part, pro lifers.

My point was, if most people you know our age at Catholic school are pro-life, that is in no way representative as less than 10% of our generation would be at a Catholic school. I am not saying that those who don't attend Catholic schools aren't pro-life, but that a model based on Catholic schools cannot be applied to those at a state school.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies