Prom Night - If you're not back by midnight.... (Now on Youtube)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:02:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Prom Night - If you're not back by midnight.... (Now on Youtube)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Prom Night - If you're not back by midnight.... (Now on Youtube)  (Read 2531 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:19:03 PM »
« edited: April 18, 2008, 08:33:33 AM by Mike for McCain »

...you won't be coming home.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0IG7HH2cves

It is so sad that they are remaking this classic. I remember watching it when it was only 20 years old...now it's pushing 30 years old....crazy. That old trailer is awesome!

I never went to prom...I went to winter formal back in 2004....but it wasn't all that great. I could have never gotten a date of course, and I was voted in as a "King" for that sector of the 9th grade class. It kind of began as a fad...but eventually...I recieved enough votes to win.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:20:55 PM »

The original was also R rated. This new crap is PG-13. Dear Lord, it's going to suck so bad.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »

The original was also R rated. This new crap is PG-13. Dear Lord, it's going to suck so bad.

A lot of movies that were rated R back in the day aren't rated R now. Sometimes they have their rates changed because of the times.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »

A lot of movies that were rated R back in the day aren't rated R now. Sometimes they have their rates changed because of the times.

That doesn't change the fact that the theater is going to be filled with screaming kids that mostly wouldn't have got into the orginal. I work as an usher part time and it's very annoying to deal with them.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:59:09 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2008, 01:19:48 AM by Mike for McCain »

Ugh...I can't imagine. I agree...the movie will not live up to the original. Now you all know why I feel so old all the time...I'm not even 20 years old yet...and they are remaking movies I was renting when I was a kid! Movies like these were regularly rented as late as 8 or 9 years ago....which in itself wasn't all that long ago.

Also, the girls in "Prom Night" (1980) looked much better than the girls in "Prom Night" (2008)....I mean...the girls in the old movie were "attractive, grown women" while the girls in this movie look like "ditzy text-messaging taking-pics of themselves, girls".

1980 PROM NIGHT:

2008 PROM NIGHT:

No contest, the original wins out on looks alone....but I should note the actresses in the 1980 pics...including Jamie Lee Curtis...were in their late 20s/early 30s, while the actresses in the new film are in their late teens/early 20s.

That may be one reason why I anticipated "TEENAGE GIRLS" to be more attractive...I grew up watching movies where the hot teenage girls were actually 25-30 year old women!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 12:55:20 AM »

I'm sure this new movie is going to suck, not that the old one was all that great. Seriously though, the girl in the new pic is a million times hotter than the old girls. You're nuts if you can't see that. Also, you act like remembering eight years ago is such an amazing feat. It wasn't that long ago. Jeez...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 01:19:14 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2008, 01:23:27 AM by Mike for McCain »

I'm sure this new movie is going to suck, not that the old one was all that great. Seriously though, the girl in the new pic is a million times hotter than the old girls. You're nuts if you can't see that. Also, you act like remembering eight years ago is such an amazing feat. It wasn't that long ago. Jeez...

What the hell do you mean? 2000? Pffft...I can remember my life when I was 2 years old....2000 is nothing...that's "recent". You're solidifying my point Memphis.....they're remaking movies that ARE NOT OLD!

By the way, I take it you dislike me otherwise the tone of your post wouldn't have been so nasty.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 01:45:27 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2008, 01:47:21 AM by HO HO HO CHI MINH THE NLF IS GONNA WIN! »

Some older R rated movies may be PG-13 by today's standards, bu they were intended and made for adults, not stupid teenagers, which is exactly what this is made for. Also the reason why if there's a PG-13 movie I want to see I only go late on a school night (too bad it doesn't work during the summer...) Not that I'll ever be seeing this one, which is going to be f**king terrible.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 02:53:06 AM »

You know - just watching trailers for the movie makes me feel old - I've been in college for a year already and it just flew by.

Thanks Naso - now I feel old.  lol.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 04:20:30 AM »

You know - just watching trailers for the movie makes me feel old - I've been in college for a year already and it just flew by.

Thanks Naso - now I feel old.  lol.

HAHA I told ya! To think that that I rented this movie a decade ago to see it for the first time and now it's remade...yeah....it makes ya feel old!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 07:47:00 AM »

I fully intend to see this movie, either in theatres or to rent it.  It looks pretty good.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 09:42:56 AM »

Sounds like a dumb movie.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »

I fully intend to see this movie, either in theatres or to rent it.  It looks pretty good.

lol @ Constine.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 10:21:41 AM »

hahahahahhaha. At least just rent the original if you think that and avoid this one like the plague.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »

Oh, surprising. Naso starts a thread and there are '80s pictures in it.

The obsession with filth needs to end, Naso. No one was pretty. No one was cool. The only good thing about the 1980s are Ronald Reagan and my birth. End.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »

hahahahahhaha. At least just rent the original if you think that and avoid this one like the plague.

I'm going to rent the original one, too.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »

The obsession with filth needs to end, Naso. No one was pretty. No one was cool. The only good thing about the 1980s are Ronald Reagan and my birth. End.

Why you egotistical little......
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 08:56:05 PM »

Why you egotistical little......

That didn't need to be size 3.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 08:39:58 AM »

For those who may want to see some nostalgic early 80s (the good 80s), check out the original "Prom Night" from 1980.

Someone posted it on You Tube...nine parts in all:

PART ONE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ofhEVJPwFWg
PART TWO: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MPJ9ONQTwy4
PART THREE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wNDtFOt7X4I
PART FOUR: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VZEmFMAoXAM
PART FIVE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ByIFO03cZm0
PART SIX: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ryLnUBeTzQ
PART SEVEN: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6gEu6BNijQA
PART EIGHT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=L6lnxtLGVao
PART NINE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vTwDqjR9ecI

A few tidbits about this film...

- Along with the "Halloween" films (1978, 1981, 1998), "The Fog" (1980) and "Terror Train" (1980) all solidified Jamie Lee Curtis' reputation as a "Scream Queen".

- The film was a Canadian movie shot on a budget of 1.6 million but grossed more than 14.8 million at the box office.

- It takes place in Ohio, with references to Cleveland.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 11:52:30 AM »

- It takes place in Ohio, with references to Cleveland.[/i]

Like anything else during the '80s. That's why I always think of the '80s when I think of Ohio's image (sorry Joe).
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »

Like anything else during the '80s. That's why I always think of the '80s when I think of Ohio's image (sorry Joe).

I hate you elites...and don't try and deny being one, Phil. You're so prissy-prissy goody-goody talking about how wonderful your area is while stomping out other regions like Ohio as "hickish"...and you know it's true. For God's sake...you expected to see me in Washington, D.C. in "a brown tie and old suit"...which means you had a stereotypical view of me which is false. So, you "hate the 80s" and automatically "think of Ohio" when you think of the 80s. Thus, you hate Ohio.

Excuse me while I put an image of Former Senator Mike DeWine in my signature.....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 12:55:20 AM »

I hate you elites...and don't try and deny being one, Phil. You're so prissy-prissy goody-goody talking about how wonderful your area is while stomping out other regions like Ohio as "hickish"...and you know it's true. For God's sake...you expected to see me in Washington, D.C. in "a brown tie and old suit"...which means you had a stereotypical view of me which is false. So, you "hate the 80s" and automatically "think of Ohio" when you think of the 80s. Thus, you hate Ohio.

Excuse me while I put an image of Former Senator Mike DeWine in my signature.....

Yeah, I guess I am an elitist when it comes to '80s filth. And I don't talk about how wonderful my area is, Naso. I like my area but I have a good deal of filth close by, too.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »

Yeah, I guess I am an elitist when it comes to '80s filth. And I don't talk about how wonderful my area is, Naso. I like my area but I have a good deal of filth close by, too.

Anyways...this coming from the guy who asked me if I had a song from the 80s for him to hear the other day...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 08:37:18 PM »

Anyways...this coming from the guy who asked me if I had a song from the 80s for him to hear the other day...

Which sounds like it's kind of from the '50s...

I don't hate everything from the '80s, Naso; just most things.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 10:01:29 PM »

The 80s were like 20 years ago... You have to go to a museum just to see the Berlin Wall.  Ronald Reagan isn't even alive anymore.  The Ford Bronco was discontinued.  Cassette players don't exist  It's over, dude.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies