Prom Night - If you're not back by midnight.... (Now on Youtube)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:06:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Prom Night - If you're not back by midnight.... (Now on Youtube)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Prom Night - If you're not back by midnight.... (Now on Youtube)  (Read 2536 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 03:04:01 AM »

- It takes place in Ohio, with references to Cleveland.[/i]

Like anything else during the '80s. That's why I always think of the '80s when I think of Ohio's image (sorry Joe).

I hate you elites...and don't try and deny being one, Phil. You're so prissy-prissy goody-goody talking about how wonderful your area is while stomping out other regions like Ohio as "hickish"...and you know it's true. For God's sake...you expected to see me in Washington, D.C. in "a brown tie and old suit"...which means you had a stereotypical view of me which is false. So, you "hate the 80s" and automatically "think of Ohio" when you think of the 80s. Thus, you hate Ohio.

Excuse me while I put an image of Former Senator Mike DeWine in my signature.....

Yeah, I guess I am an elitist when it comes to '80s filth. And I don't talk about how wonderful my area is, Naso. I like my area but I have a good deal of filth close by, too.

Funny - the impression I get (coming from the other side of the globe) is the exact opposite... Everytime I think of Pennsylvania, I think of farms because of Mel Gibson farming corn in Signs...

Ohio I think of as industrialised... so completely non-hickish

I feel old when a 20 year old complains about feeling old... lol...

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »

- It takes place in Ohio, with references to Cleveland.[/i]

Like anything else during the '80s. That's why I always think of the '80s when I think of Ohio's image (sorry Joe).

I hate you elites...and don't try and deny being one, Phil. You're so prissy-prissy goody-goody talking about how wonderful your area is while stomping out other regions like Ohio as "hickish"...and you know it's true. For God's sake...you expected to see me in Washington, D.C. in "a brown tie and old suit"...which means you had a stereotypical view of me which is false. So, you "hate the 80s" and automatically "think of Ohio" when you think of the 80s. Thus, you hate Ohio.

Excuse me while I put an image of Former Senator Mike DeWine in my signature.....

Yeah, I guess I am an elitist when it comes to '80s filth. And I don't talk about how wonderful my area is, Naso. I like my area but I have a good deal of filth close by, too.

Funny - the impression I get (coming from the other side of the globe) is the exact opposite... Everytime I think of Pennsylvania, I think of farms because of Mel Gibson farming corn in Signs...

Ohio I think of as industrialised... so completely non-hickish

I feel old when a 20 year old complains about feeling old... lol...

Really? I think of it the other way around. But voting patterns can really influence my perceptions. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 10:16:31 AM »

Haha, well outside of Philly and Pittsburgh, we are mostly a rural state but Signs took place in Bucks county which borders Philly so you know there is a major form of civilization not too far away.  Smiley

There's just something about Ohio that makes it seem more trashy than PA even though both states are very similar.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 04:05:41 PM »

Haha, well outside of Philly and Pittsburgh, we are mostly a rural state but Signs took place in Bucks county which borders Philly so you know there is a major form of civilization not too far away.  Smiley

There's just something about Ohio that makes it seem more trashy than PA even though both states are very similar.

Using your logic, it would probably be the fact that Ohio is not closely connected with the East Coast as Pennsylvania is. Philly is close to Newark/New York/Trenton/Boston/Atlantic City/Providence and so you feel more influence from New England...whereas Ohio is closer to Indiana/Kentucky...and feels more of a Mid-West influence.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies