Which of these congressional districts would you most want to live in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:17:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which of these congressional districts would you most want to live in?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Which of these congressional districts would you most want to live in?
PA-13

MN-05

NE-03

NJ-07

NY-16

KY-05

CA-48

MS-01

GA-06

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Which of these congressional districts would you most want to live in?  (Read 4927 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »
« edited: April 13, 2008, 03:33:58 PM by Torie »

Well compared to some parts of Wales on one of those 20 or so sunny days, most places would I guess. Tongue And of course, there is no culture to speak of, and we are all just so provincial. We just love wallowing in our own self satisfied ignorance. And now I am going to interrupt regular programming to draw my check to Uncle Sam to help support the leviathon, a most self actualiziing experience indeed.

Actually, I don't mind the check thing. I am quite the liberal on tax policy. Who knew? Cheerio.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 03:38:45 PM »

CA-48. I don't know many people who'd pass up a chance to live in Orange County.

You mean Hell on Earth?

Eh. But you see dude, that's my thing. So I'm partial to it, LOL. If I ever become independently wealthy in the soulless corporate job I’m aiming to get, I so am moving out there. I know Orange County is depicted as this vapid place with a bunch of airheads, but I LOVE stuff like that, I can’t begin to tell you how much. It's my picture of heaven on earth really. Maybe that says something about me, heh.

It says a lot about you. That you like the evil part of the state.

It's only my second favorite county in the state. You'd be really suprised at the first.

Is it a good place? Or a WTF place like Trinity County?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 03:43:29 PM »

Torie, you can't accuse me of stereotyping. I've been down to Orange County. Too many times to count, in fact. And oh my gosh, it's horrible. Everything about it, down to the way the hills are cut into and terraced for extra housing. And especially that cookie-cutter ballfield you got down by 5 (note the lack of a definite article in front of the number 5), and that team that plays in it 81 times a year.

Rant over. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 03:45:43 PM »

Torie, you can't accuse me of stereotyping. I've been down to Orange County. Too many times to count, in fact. And oh my gosh, it's horrible. Everything about it, down to the way the hills are cut into and terraced for extra housing. And especially that cookie-cutter ballfield you got down by 5 (note the lack of a definite article in front of the number 5), and that team that plays in it 81 times a year.

Rant over. Smiley

Ya, stay away. It is horrible. Most of us are on suicide watch, it is so bad.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »

Well compared to some parts of Wales on one of those 20 or so sunny days, most places would I guess. Tongue

Most days up here have some sunshine. Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »

GA-06
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2008, 04:14:35 PM by La Revolucióncita »

MN-5. Obviously.

EDIT: I totally overlooked NY-16. Make that a tie between those two, depending on exact area.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 04:16:58 PM »

Well compared to some parts of Wales on one of those 20 or so sunny days, most places would I guess. Tongue

It must be the global warming syndrome, eh?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 04:19:42 PM »

MN-5, I don't want to be made to squell like a pig.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 04:21:25 PM »

MN-5. Obviously.

EDIT: I totally overlooked NY-16. Make that a tie between those two, depending on exact area.

NY-16 looks like a slum zone to me. Get life insurance.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 04:22:44 PM »

It must be the global warming syndrome, eh?

IIRC climate change is supposed to make it wetter here so...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 04:24:27 PM »

MN-5. Obviously.

It is. Basically all of it too. Not that that's something I have a problem with. But basically downtown Minneapolis (cool areas there anyways, with the remainder distributed cross the other categories) > old growth South Bronx > Inner Suburbs/ edge of city proper within MN5 > Ugly tower blocks > outer suburbs (which aren't in MN5, but I'm sure much of it is already too far out for my taste).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »

MN-5. Obviously.

With NYC crime rates what they are now, unless you were into the whole thugs 'n' drugs thing, I doubt you'd have to worry that much even in NY-16.

Being jumped might be a different story.

I ranked it lower mostly because it's a thoroughly unattractive area.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 04:29:30 PM »

Probably CA-48. Maybe NJ-7 or MN-5.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2008, 04:52:42 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2008, 04:55:12 PM by Torie »

NJ-7 should really appeal to everyone.  There are rural, suburban, and urban areas.  Anyone can find a neighborhood they like in that district.

It is a delightful area indeed, along with some areas near it. NJ isn't just about turnpikes and tank farms, and toxic waste dumps, where the garbage meets the sea. That obtains  more in the political realm. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »

Awesome
NE-3
MS-1 (only because of its proximity to Memphis)

Good
MN-5
GA-6

Maybe
NJ-7

No Thanks
CA-48
KY-5
NY-16

PA 13?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2008, 06:51:24 PM »

CA-48. I don't know many people who'd pass up a chance to live in Orange County.

You mean Hell on Earth?

Eh. But you see dude, that's my thing. So I'm partial to it, LOL. If I ever become independently wealthy in the soulless corporate job I’m aiming to get, I so am moving out there. I know Orange County is depicted as this vapid place with a bunch of airheads, but I LOVE stuff like that, I can’t begin to tell you how much. It's my picture of heaven on earth really. Maybe that says something about me, heh.

It's only my second favorite county in the state. You'd be really suprised at the first.

Colusa County, so more the latter. I'm a weird person if you’ve not already noticed.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

You mean Hell on Earth?

Colusa County, so more the latter. I'm a weird person if you’ve not already noticed.

COLUSA?HuhHuhHuh?////////////////////////

I no longer have an opinion of you. You defy opinions.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2008, 07:03:31 PM »

MS-1
GA-6 (if there are some non Atlanta suburbs parts of it)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »

Wow, we still garner the attention!
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »

Believe it or not, MN-5.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2008, 12:29:36 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2008, 12:36:45 PM by HO HO HO CHI MINH THE NLF IS GONNA WIN! »

MN-5. Obviously.

It is. Basically all of it too. Not that that's something I have a problem with. But basically downtown Minneapolis (cool areas there anyways, with the remainder distributed cross the other categories) > old growth South Bronx > Inner Suburbs/ edge of city proper within MN5 > Ugly tower blocks > outer suburbs (which aren't in MN5, but I'm sure much of it is already too far out for my taste).

The Crystal/New Hope area is rather suburban despite not sitting that far away from the city. So is Hopkins, and Fridley (though Fridley is the furthest out, and my only complaint about the district is why they included it and not Brooklyn Center.)

Also what's the remainder in downtown Minneapolis besides the cool areas? All are cool!

Also where does northwest Minneapolis (specifically the Jordan and Hawthorne neighborhoods) which is far more crime-ridden than most of NY-16 sit in your ranking? And the West Bank university area? (which sits on the edge of the city proper but it's St. Paul just across the border, not a suburb)

Awesome
NE-3
MS-1 (only because of its proximity to Memphis)

Good
MN-5
GA-6

Maybe
NJ-7

No Thanks
CA-48
KY-5
NY-16

Looks like I was the first vote for NE-3!

Do you have a reason to vote for NE-3 other than how it votes? Judging by where you live and the rest of the ranking I can't see that type of area having the most appeal to you.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »

PA-13. The rest are either too hot, too cold, too suburban or rural, too poor, too conservative, or some combination of the preceding.

I consider NJ-07 to be almost identical to PA-13, just marginally more Republican.

As far as myself, if I had to move tomorrow and my choices were limited to those presented, it's between CA-48 and NJ-07, the latter of which I've, of course, lived in before.  CA-48 would be a clear winner if I could have a job ready for me when moving out there.

CA-48 Grin
NJ-07 Cheesy
NY-16 Smiley
PA-13 Smiley
MN-05 Undecided
GA-06 Undecided
KY-05 Sad
NE-03 Sad
MS-01 Sad
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2008, 01:34:31 PM »

PA-13. The rest are either too hot, too cold, too suburban or rural, too poor, too conservative, or some combination of the preceding.

I consider NJ-07 to be almost identical to PA-13, just marginally more Republican.

NJ 7 is definitley better off financially.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2008, 05:13:59 PM »

NJ 7 is definitley better off financially.

The problem with NJ-07 is that it really doesn't bring communities of interest together.  There is nothing that unifies Hunterdon County with Woodbridge other than the fact that both are located in the State of New Jersey.

NJ-07 averages out as a whole to be better off financially, but the farther east you go in the CD, the more it starts looking like PA-13.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies