Pataki 2008? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:53:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Pataki 2008? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pataki 2008?  (Read 10343 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 23, 2004, 09:00:27 PM »

Please, I ask every Dem and Republican official who is thinking about a 2008 run, to please hold off until after the election when it comes to making comments about it. I know Pataki didn't do the commenting but I hope if he himself is asked, I hope, out of respect for our nominee, he doesn't hint at anything.

Pataki seems to be a good guy but he's leans to the left on social issues. He wouldn't be one of my first choices, that's for sure.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:26:21 PM »

Pataki would easily get my vote.  Just the fact that he vetoed the minimum wage hike here in NY puts him very high in my book.

But do NYers put him high in their books? Remember, he is up for re-election in 2006 and he'll probably have to face Spitzer. Unless Pataki retires and plans his 2008 run.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 09:45:58 PM »

For Pataki to run a serious 2008 campaign, he can't seek re-election as Governor in 2006. Spitzer is going to run and while a Pataki win is not impossible, Pataki will be running against NY's most popular Democrat. Sptizer vs. Pataki - looks like a Spitzer when and therefore chances of a Pataki campaign for the Presidency go right out the window.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies