If California and Texas went to war, which state would win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:16:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If California and Texas went to war, which state would win
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If California and Texas went to war, which state would win
California

Texas

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: If California and Texas went to war, which state would win  (Read 10266 times)
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 07:07:40 AM »

The River Walk (is that right?) is nice.  But we went to a Spurs game during basic training (I KNOW!) and some of the neighborhoods around the Alamo Dome (is that right?) were nasty.  It was dark so maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked, but it looked almost third world.  This was Jan of '95.

I went to BMT summer of 1999, and I too was pleasantly surprised about San Antonio, it was NOT at all what I was expecting of Texas.    I stayed at Lackland for tech school (security forces), so I had an opportunity toward the end to explore San Antonio while awaiting my orders.

If I may ask, what squadron were you?  I was 322.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 07:23:50 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2008, 07:26:47 AM by dead0man »

We were House of Pain....I'd have to dig out my graduation book to remember what the numbers were...it wasn't 322 though.  It was 333 or 323 I think.  My Tech School Squadron number was REALLY close to my BMT Squadron number.  When I got there we were 3rd building from the gate, but we moved to the 2nd one from the gate on the last week of training.

(using google and searching for "usaf basic training 'house of pain'" it tells me I was in the 323.  333 must have been my Tech School Sqd)

edit-useless info.  I was in the last group of Flights to do PT in uniform and in formation.  The group after us got sweats and were allowed to run "loose".  I hear BMT in the USAF is a lot more "military" like now than it was I went through.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 07:57:20 AM »

We were House of Pain....I'd have to dig out my graduation book to remember what the numbers were...it wasn't 322 though.  It was 333 or 323 I think.  My Tech School Squadron number was REALLY close to my BMT Squadron number.  When I got there we were 3rd building from the gate, but we moved to the 2nd one from the gate on the last week of training.

(using google and searching for "usaf basic training 'house of pain'" it tells me I was in the 323.  333 must have been my Tech School Sqd)

edit-useless info.  I was in the last group of Flights to do PT in uniform and in formation.  The group after us got sweats and were allowed to run "loose".  I hear BMT in the USAF is a lot more "military" like now than it was I went through.

BMT is moving up to 9 weeks, FTX (warrior week) is going to be 2 weeks as opposed to 1, and I heard they're finally going to start using the gas chamber.   I'm jealous because it sounds like fun.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 08:16:29 AM »

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I was disappointed my BMT was so non-military like.  Folding Tshirts was hardest part.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 08:19:42 AM »

Texas.  Californians wouldn't have the will to fight - too many peace loving hippies.

If Texas ever seceded from the union, I'd consider moving there.

America-hater!

No.  I love America.  I just like Texas a little more - and the food is great.  San Antonio is AWESOME.

Lies!

You're like those smelly hippies who said they would move to Canada if Bush won!

You hate America and you are unpatriotic!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »

Texas.  Californians wouldn't have the will to fight - too many peace loving hippies.

If Texas ever seceded from the union, I'd consider moving there.

America-hater!

No.  I love America.  I just like Texas a little more - and the food is great.  San Antonio is AWESOME.

Lies!

You're like those smelly hippies who said they would move to Canada if Bush won!

You hate America and you are unpatriotic!

The question would be- where do neo-cons go if Obama wins? Canada and most of Europe are just a buncha latte liberals. I Guess they would go to Saudi Arabia or Columbia.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »

The question would be- where do neo-cons go if Obama wins? Canada and most of Europe are just a buncha latte liberals. I Guess they would go to Saudi Arabia or Columbia.

I think you meant Colombia, not Columbia.  However, I do admit that the politics at the State capital do at time remind me a banana republic, only with a different reason than banana peels for being slippery:
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 12:34:39 PM »

Man South Central would mess up Texas
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »