Republican and Democratic Party Membership Continues to Decline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:16:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Republican and Democratic Party Membership Continues to Decline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican and Democratic Party Membership Continues to Decline  (Read 7473 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2008, 11:01:21 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2008, 11:10:31 PM by StateBoiler »

http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/030108.html#1

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/030108.html#11

Here's the state-by-state registration figures for the states that do them at the link above.

Democrat: 41.66%
Republican: 31.89%
Independent: 24.82%
Reform/Independence Party: 0.42%
Constitution: 0.41%
Green: 0.28%
Libertarian: 0.24%
Other: 0.29%

States with Democrats having largest membership: California, Delaware, D.C., Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, West Virginia

States with Republicans having largest membership: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming

States with Independents having largest membership: Alaska, Connecticut, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Utah
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »

...and Colorado should be in the Indy list soon.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »

I'm not registered with any party either. It doesn't always mean people don't consider themselves a DEM or REP.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »

I'm done voting for major parties. I voted Democrat in 2004 and 2006 and boy do I feel like a fool.
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »

I'm done voting for major parties. I voted Democrat in 2004 and 2006 and boy do I feel like a fool.

I couldn't vote in 2006 but I feel like a fool just for giving the Democrats the benefit of the doubt.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:43:42 PM »

I voted for the Republicans in 2000 and 2002 and the Democrats in 2004 and 2006 and I will still vote for the major parties for some time to come.  I'm on the fence as to who I will support for president right now.  I'm slowly getting turned off by Obama.  I'm liking Hillary more and more, but I don't think she has much of a shot.  I am starting to grow fond of John McCain and, in a way, returning to my Republican roots where I started my voting life in 2000.  Mind you, then, I was a staunch, hardcore conservative Republican and thought Gore was horrible.  I won't get that far to the right, but I just don't know where I'll be come November 4, 2008.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:53:50 PM »

I think they're all going to be voting RonPaul right?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 12:51:32 PM »

I couldn't vote in 2006 but I feel like a fool just for giving the Democrats the benefit of the doubt.

What do you guys think the Democrats should have done? Cut off funding for the Iraq war?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »

What do you guys think the Democrats should have done? Cut off funding for the Iraq war?

Oh, heavens no.  To me, that would be telling the troops "I don't give a crap about you, I just hate this president and everything he stands for."

The Democrats are too patriotic and too loyal to our troops (for the most part) to do that.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 09:57:48 PM »

Ehh, my independent streak is showing again.  I really don't care much for the Democratic party at this point.  Their organization sucks and I don't know how they'd be with spending.  Hey, they generally supported the war and didn't bother to read the PATRIOT Act plus the blacktivists such as Sharpton, McKinney, etc. will never go away.  Where's my home?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 05:53:43 AM »

Oh, heavens no.  To me, that would be telling the troops "I don't give a crap about you, I just hate this president and everything he stands for."

The Democrats are too patriotic and too loyal to our troops (for the most part) to do that.

Well, during '06 the Democrats heavily touted their anti-war beliefs, didn't they? Then, when they won Congress, they shut up very quickly. Come to find out, the Democrats in office are making lots of money off the Iraq War, just like Cheney and his friends. I wonder if that is where a lot of this anger is coming from. For me that's where it's coming from. Smiley
RouterJockey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 11:26:44 PM »

Is there any indication that the loss of Democratic or Republican voters (registered voters that is) is translating into higher numbers of registered 3rd party voters?  Or are they just turning Independent/Undeclared?

I know I've read recently that the Libertarian Party has increased membership by something like 25% in the last year.  But 25% of a small number is still a small number....
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 12:20:28 AM »

Is there any indication that the loss of Democratic or Republican voters (registered voters that is) is translating into higher numbers of registered 3rd party voters?  Or are they just turning Independent/Undeclared?

I know I've read recently that the Libertarian Party has increased membership by something like 25% in the last year.  But 25% of a small number is still a small number....

Mostly indy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies